Newbie looking to joining this group

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2010, 01:52 PM
mom2myJo's's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi you all. I have been lurking around here for about a week or so, trying to figure out if I wanted to TTC #2. I will give you ladies a background of why I am looking to hang out here.

I have a son who is 19 months old. He was a miracle in my eyes. My DH and I had worked for over 8 years to have him and it took medical intervention to have him.

I was married in 2000 and after one year of TTC #1 I went to the doctor and he told me that I had nothing wrong after I had surgery to check out a suspicious ultrasound in 2001. All he could tell me was to lose weight. In 2003 I lost 110 pounds and still no positive test for a baby. In 2004 I lost my cycle all together and they prescribed Progestin. I got pregnant instead of regulating. I stopped the Progestin as it causes birth defects and a week later, I lost my baby. I had my DNC after an unsuccessful attempt to pass the miscarriage on my own. Three months later, I was diagnosed with a dermoid, a blood filled cyst and a cyst filled with endometrium all in my LO. I had surgery, but I lost my LO and only have my RO at this time.

I didn't have anymore positive tests and it was 2008. I wanted a baby really bad, so I went and got tests done. All my hormones were great except for Progesterone, as I expected was low. My DH also had only 4.5 million and they were slow moving on his tests as well.

The OB wanted me on clomid, but I declined. I used Prometrium and charted and conceived on the first cycle and that is when my Jojo was born. This I believe was a miracle and a stroke of luck. I have only conceived while on Progesterone.

Now I am on the venture to TTC #2 with secondary infertility and LPD. Even though the OB said that the first baby should have cleared up my LPD, it hasn't and it is now worse.

I plan on trying to use progesterone cream, vitamins and charting again, but I am so afraid of disappointment as I have had many negative tests and sad emotions from many undetected miscarriages since then.

I look forward to TTC actively and finding new friends who are dealing with similar issues. Thanks for listening
March 4th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kary♥RN Send a message via Yahoo to Kary♥RN
Welcome to the Board!! I hope you BFP comes quickly!

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
March 4th, 2010, 02:19 PM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!!!! I hope you get your BFP soon!!!!

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
March 4th, 2010, 02:26 PM
thank you! i hope that you all also get BFP's soon....Gotta find some baby dust to spread around us!
March 4th, 2010, 04:27 PM
pianogirl's Avatar Veteran
Welcome. Good luck and baby dust to you.
TTC#2 since June 2008
Did Puregon and IUI from June 2008 - Dec.2008
Began process of testing and getting ready for IVF w/ICSI Feb.2009
Did first IVF w/ICSI in May. MC June 2009
Did IVF with FET Oct 2009 and had CP
Begin taking BCP on May 7 for IVF
Lupron injections on May 15
Gonal-F & Menupor on May 28
Retrieval on June 7, 5 day transfer w/2 embryo's on June 12
June 21-4 weeks pregnant!! Praying for heartbeat at 7 week ultrasound
July 12-We are having twins! Two strong heartbeats. Thank you God.
Jan 13,2011-Marcus and Caleb were born.

March 4th, 2010, 04:38 PM
adnelg775's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope you get your very soon!

March 4th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the group!
March 5th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
HI! I'm glad that you found us. You will find SOOO much support here while you are trying for your second miracle baby. I hope second time around is A LOT quicker than the first one ended up being. Are you going back in for more tests before starting out this time around?

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

March 5th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm Kimberley and my DH is Jason. We're just starting the IVF process. Hopefully it won't take you as long to conceive this time around.
March 5th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Thank you everyone.

I have decided to try for a few months with progesterone only to see if anything on my chart changes before I go in for testing again. I tend to obsess about my numbers too much.

I was on Prometrium before and I was so exausted while taking them,but it did work the first cycle I took it. I hope that the cream works the same and I have fewer symptoms then last time.

I am mad that I won't get an accurate chart this month as I have been sick the last couple days.

If I don't conceive in 3 months then I will have another b/w test and go from there.

I am glad I found you ladies too. No one I know that is near me has gone through anything like this , so they don't understand the feelings behind not being able to conceive and also losing a baby to M/C.
March 5th, 2010, 06:25 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a plan!! Welcome to the group!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

March 6th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Veteran
Good luck!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search