Anyone on Clomid and Met?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Shyann's_Mommy09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually frequent the general TTC board but I thought I may have better luck here.

I'm to start Clomid 50mg and stay on Met which I have been on since Oct, 1500mgs a day when my next cycle starts. I keep hoping that this cycle is it but I keep feeling like AF is going to show she is just teasing me and wont start.

I was wondering if anyone else here is on both drugs and what amount of clomid are you on? We did clomid by itself when we were TTC DD and she put me on 100mgs automatically so I thought it was weird she put it down to 50mgs this time. Also are the side effects of clomid worse because of the Met too? I'm not looking forward to the clomid side effects at all.

Oh and I'm Faye, going to be 23 this month. Married to Scott who just turned 25 and we have been married for 4 years this year and together for 5. We have DD Shyann who just turned 13 months today and have been TTC this time around since about August and went back on MA in October. I have PCOS and irregular cycles.

I will try to post around here the best I can but I dont have internet at my home so I have to get on at my IL's so I get on when I can.

March 5th, 2010, 07:26 AM
From Barren to Cree's Mom
There's a great group of ladies here to help and support, but if you try the TTCw/ PCOS messaeboard in addition, the ladies there may be able to help also.

I took a combination of Femara and Met to conceive, so I myself can't commnt on clomid, but I hear its wonderful- so I'm rooting that the combination works for you!!!
March 5th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome!

I was on clomid and met for a few cycles. I did 50mg cd3-7 and was on 1500mg of Met. I can't say that the Met affected the clomid s/e at all. Just the same old stuff.

The PCOS board is FULL of help too.... but please stick around if you need more advice or help!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

March 5th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Sota's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did one cycle of both Clomid and Met. I was on Clomid 50mg cd 5-9 and was on 1500mg of Met. I had done three cycles of just Clomid before that and didn't notice any difference. In general I had longer cycles and O'd later while on Clomid. I hope the combo works for you!
March 5th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
I was on 1000mg of Met and 50mg of Clomid when I got pregnant. The side effects were the same from when I just on Clomid.

made by BAM

March 5th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Cool, I'm hoping this wont be too bad then. I now just on Met have long cycles but I'm ovulating so we are hoping Clomid just gives it a boost. I'm actually hoping that c
Clomid will make me ovulate sooner so my cycles are shorter. I hate them being 40-50 days long.

March 5th, 2010, 08:07 PM
mom2myJo's's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and Welcome,

I am Carin and my DS is Brian...I am no help on the Clomid and actually I have the opposite problem with my cycle. My cycles are 26 to 27 days and AF only shows up 2 days when I do not O.

I may take Clomid if the Progesterone regiment doesn't work for me.

I just wanted to pop in on this message and you and I hope for a to happen soon for you!
March 6th, 2010, 07:17 AM
I did progesterone the first time I did Clomid and it sucked. I hated the side effects. I hope it works for you. It worked for me it just makes you feel crappy plus the side effects are just like PG symptoms so its so hard to be hopeful of your symptoms when it could just be the meds.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search