Progesterone and Temperatures

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok so this is my first time to actually temp on progesterone. This is our least medically interfered with cycle so in the past, I just relied on the doc's scans and bloodwork and so on to tell me everything. I didn't need to worry about tests or temping or when to stop progesterone because THEY were testing me and telling me when to stop.

Now I feel like I"m flying solo! So I've been searching for exactly how much progesterone suppositories or supplements of any kind affect temps, especially outside of the norm. My temp spiked this morning like no other, and if it's just due to progesterone, then I'm ready to stop using it tomorrow.

I'm telling you, this deciding when you start your period is pretty nerve wracking. What if I stop too soon and I'm pregnant! I liked having the back up of the doc. Tomorrow is Sat, and I can't go in for more bloodwork till Monday

I have an overlay of my other temping charts with my current one on my FF if you want to see the difference

I also disagree with the ovulation date- I think this is reading me one day ahead, and I think I'm only 11dpo

March 5th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm with you... I haven't been on any MA without the help/monitoring of my OB/RE.

I guess, I would just wait until your blood test. Why stop early?

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

March 5th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Well I have to ask for a blood test, I don't have one scheduled at all. I'm only supposed to schedule one if I suspect pregnancy, but otherwise, just supposed to stop progesterone around day 27 if I get negative tests. That's tomorrow!

March 5th, 2010, 06:20 PM
mom2myJo's's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The funny thing about this Progesterone stuff is ...it does raise the temps, but I only noticed a .5-.8 degree difference when I looked back at when I got pregnant with DS.

At that time my OB told me that taking the Prometrium 400 mg daily was not going to stop me from AF. At CD 30 , I had a BFN but at CD32 (14DPO) I had a faint BFP and carried DS to full term.

My OB told me that if I had BFN at CD 30 to stop, but my DH said, " a couple days won't hurt of continuing to take the pills"....so I did thank GOD, cause I would have lost DS if I would have listened to my OB.....go with your heart, but obviously weigh in with guidance from the DR.
March 5th, 2010, 07:17 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Progesterone gave me all kinds of fake pregnancy symptoms but never altered my temps.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

March 5th, 2010, 07:43 PM
SO this massive spike in temps.... this would be my first huge rise like this in my history of temping

March 6th, 2010, 06:23 AM
adnelg775's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lash, I hope that means something good!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search