Sister of the Week ~Gwynne~ March 8-12th

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2010, 05:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Our Sister of the Week this week is another new mama, Gwynne (redbirds)!!! If you want to request specific pics from Gwynne please remember to have your requests in before Wednesday 5 PM. And please save all of your questions for Gwynne for Thursday. I appreciate all of the love and support we give each other on the board, let's keep it going strong!

Monday: Post an intro about you, family etc... (it can be as long or as short as you would like).

Tuesday: Post 20 facts about yourself.

Wednesday: Share pictures of yourself, family, etc . . .(keep these appropriate for the board please)

Thursday: Answer any questions the ladies might have for you (please save all questions for this day ladies!)

Friday: Post 10 pics that other members request from you. Things you might not think to post yourself. All pic requests must be submitted by Wednesday 5 PM of your week, that way you have Wed - Fri to get them taken, uploaded and posted. Even if you get more than 10 requests....you can pick the 10 you would like to share, or share more than 10. It's up to you!

Have fun Gwynne, we look forward to getting to know you better!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

March 8th, 2010, 07:23 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Hi, Gals!! I've been looking forward to this, as I've followed many of you and found it to be fun and certainly interesting to get to know our fellow TTCMA'ers and grads

I'm Gwynne. I am 6'1" tall, with strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes, and am about 50 pounds overweight (not all tall people are bean poles, my family is GREAT example of this!). Needless to say, I'm hard to "forget". My DH tells me I can't commit a crime because all the witnesses would get my description spot on, so I'm a strong law abiding citizen (minus a speeding ticket or two )

I was born and rasied in St. Louis, very near the Mississippi river and close enough to the AB brewery to smell the hops in the air. Most people say it stinks, but I think it's a GREAT smell and it brings back fond memories. Our neighborhood went to crap after everyone moved out (as is the usual case with city migration) so it is sad to drive by our old house and see it as is, but I believe the neighborhood will come to life again and be a great place like it was for us!

At 8th grade, my mom finished her engineering degree and moved us to NM. Talk about culture shock! I had great friends and a blast, but I hated (still do) the state and all in it. I want trees, grass, water and the things I am used to! I did stay for college and grad school there, in-state tuition and scholarships were too hard to pass up!

I met DH in college. I was walking out of a class (coaching basketball) and I was a pretty verbal, intelligent student who loved the interaction with the professors, so again, hard to miss me! Anyway, I was walking out of the class with some of my friends, when I heard a guy ask me if he could borrow my book to study for the next test. I looked down and my first LITERAL thought was, "ignore him, he's short."

Then he stood up.

Then I thought, literally, "wow! He's my height and he's a knock out!!!" Sure enough, he was (still is, in my eyes!) I lent him my book and number and that's when it all began.

We were friends, dating, something like that, for a couple years. Then I moved, he moved with me, for grad school. I moved again, he moved with me... 15 years later, we got married in 2007. We had lived together for at least 10 years before that. Needless to say, everyone who heard we were getting married collectively said, "finally!"

I have 4 degrees: BS in Psyc, MA in Counseling/Psyc, MS in Sport Psychology and Ph.D. in Organizational Psychology (corporate psychology).

I own my own business and work primarily with project managers in developing leadership skills, strong teams and essential communication skills. I also conduct assessments and enjoy the executive coaching side of my business. I love my job, but right now, it's like I'm unemployed because the economy sucks and so the budgets for this type of development are non-existent. So, I'm basically "laid off" until it all picks up again.

I do teach grad psyc courses and that pays the bills (along with DH's teaching salary). It just basically means we have a no-frills lifestyle for now, and that instead of having our house paid off in 2 years, it will be 5. No biggie. I just wish the economy would pick up.

Good news... being pregnant allows me the time to really enjoy it since I'm not traveling much. Kensley is the light of my life and I spend nearly every waking moment with her. It's all good, in my eyes.

So, here we are, after a novel (I've published 4 books, by the way, 3 are professional "how-to's" and one is on emotional eating). I am doing well, baby seems to be well (not nearly as active as DD was, but all the life signs are strong) and we're enjoying our Colorado Rockies, where we live.

Thanks for reading

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
March 8th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
WOW... Gwynne, I'm quite impressed. Four degrees, four books and two kids.... you are a busy woman! I might have to have you send me a signed copy of the emotional eating one.... (***raises hand***) I'm guilty

OK, some pic requests:

1. Pics of you and DH when you first met.
2. Baby pics of you, DH and Kensley.
3. Inside your fridge.
4. Where you talk to us from.

I'm gonna think about my questions some more, I have TONS I'd love to ask. I'll try to get them down to a few by Thursday.

March 9th, 2010, 05:34 AM
adnelg775's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow!!! What a full, productive life you've had so far!

A few pic requests:
Your favorite pic of all time...whatever it is...
A pic of the Rockies as you see them from where you live....I miss the mountains!

March 9th, 2010, 06:24 AM
I'll get those pics ready for you gals by Friday

Here are my 20 facts...

1. I had a pet rat in college and taught her to play basketball
2. We used to raise and train Schuzhund shepherds (for drug sniffing and attacking=police dogs) when I was a kid.
3. I USED to be a beautiful size 6 in college ... before I was a counselor and stress eating took over. Now, I'm 16/18.
4. I am a die hard St. Louis Cardinals fan and want to go one spring break to Jupiter, FL for spring training!
5. I travel all over the US, but haven't been out of the country except to Vancouver and Kino Bay, Mexico
6. I am a fiend for all those psyc profiling and crime shows: CSI, Criminal Minds...
7. I've always wanted 3-4 kids and am praying I can get it!
8. My favorite books are the classics: Dostoevsky's works, and the Little Women series
9. I LOVE Texas Roadhouse grilled chicken salad and their bread. YUM!
10. I USED to be fluid in German, but having no one to practice on for over a decade, you lose it! I want to teach it to Kensley and re-learn it myself.
11. I want to learn to play piano, along side my children
12. I love to sing, but have a HORRIBLE voice, so it's all by myself in the car to the radio
13. I coached college volleyball
14. I played college basketball for Webster.
15. I LOVE animals and if we had a TON of acres and money, I'd own my own rescue place where they could recover or even pass on in peace after having such a hard life.
16. I am a sports nut and March Madness is under way!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!
17. I know how to ski, but hate it because it hurts my knees (bad sports injuries)
18. We want an RV so we can travel more in the summer, on Thanksgiving break and over Spring Break. Hard to find the PERFECT used one we want!
19. I'll be 38 when baby is born!
20. I HATE cleaning the bathrooms.

March 9th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
to number 12 and 15!

March 9th, 2010, 11:39 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I always forget to come in here! Wow, 15 years together before getting married....I would have "finally" also
March 10th, 2010, 06:06 AM
the next 2 days are super busy for me, so I will try to keep up

Here are a couple random pics for ya

Here's my sweet furbaby Jozie... she has seizures once in a while, but is the most loving dog!

Here is our NEW baby, due in September!!! Taken almost a week ago:

Here's our house in Oct:

Here's our family Christmas photo:

March 10th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Veteran
I love your daughters smile....so excited!!!

March 10th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Super Mommy
Gwynne your family, daughter and home are gorgeous!! I am envious that you live in the mountains. How far away from Colorado Springs are you? DH and I would love to move back to CO, although I am very close with my family and I think they would be sad.

My pupdog, Labrador, has seizures about every 4-6 weeks. I wish that we knew the cause of them. And love your #15. We foster for a Labrador Retriever Rescue here in town. I already told DH that if we couldn't have children, get ready...I want to move to acreage and have 15 labradors!!

Forgive me if you have already answered a few of these in previous threads:
1) Will you find out what you are having?
2) Do you have names picked out?
3) What brought you to CO?

3 failed fresh IVFs, 1 failed FET
Surprise BFP in 12/10 after acupuncture & herbs!!
1 beautiful, perfect daughterl!

March 10th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Your family pic is just gorgeous!

March 11th, 2010, 04:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing !! Love your pics !!!

March 11th, 2010, 05:03 AM
adnelg775's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for sharing, Gwynne!

March 11th, 2010, 05:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Question Day!!!

1. What made you want to pursue so many degrees and which one was your favorite?
2. If you HAD to move to another state, where would you go and why?
3. What does Kensley think about being an big sister? Have you told your whole family yet?
4. Any pics of your pet rat playing basketball? What made you want to train him/her to do that anyway?
5. Do you just have the one dog?

March 11th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Thanks, Tracey! I am about 45 minutes from the W side of downtown Colo Springs, so "right there" It's our next "big" town over and that's where we do all our shopping (excepting Walmart and groceries).

1) Will you find out what you are having? YEP!!! WE will find out sometime late April

2) Do you have names picked out? I have my names and DH isn't sure of them, so I quit talking about them until we find out the gender. Then, we can do the back and forth thing and I can try to "get" him to pick my favorite name ever for a boy!
3) What brought you to CO? Hated NM, so just drove north until I found trees and some cool weather. I found a great little spot and just bought it Yep, it's the craziest thing I have ever done. THEN I found a job! I lived in that "shack" for 6 months without running water! Then our modular was finally in and all was normal. Obviously, we've upgraded since then, but it was the perfect starter place on 1.88 very private acres.

March 11th, 2010, 05:07 PM
[quote=Kari_B;19398415]Question Day!!!

1. What made you want to pursue so many degrees and which one was your favorite? I always wanted to "do" sport psychology and you have to have the BA and MS for that. AFter getting it, I discovered it is VERY difficult to find a job or create a business in that, so I went back (almost immediately) for the counseling. I engaged in that for a few years and found I didn't want to be a counselor. It was GREAT and I enjoyed it, but it wasn't my passion. Then, a friend who had my PERFECT dream job (she is a sport psychologist for the LPGA and works for the Center for Creative Leadership with people like Gen'l Schwarzkopf and Rudy Guiliani) and told me to get my Ph.D. in I/O psychology. It's very similar to sport psychology for businesses and employees So, my 2 favorite degrees are the sport psyc and the Ph.D. I had the MOST fun, though in my first 4 years, getting that BA. There's nothing like those classic wonderful college years!

2. If you HAD to move to another state, where would you go and why? Either Montana or Alaska. I love the mountains and the entire wildlife scene that we have here. Those 2 states are most similar, and they have more water, so PERFECT! I will NEVER leave here, though, unless there's some horrid tragedy or we get paid millions to move to MT or AK

3. What does Kensley think about being an big sister? Have you told your whole family yet? I dont' think she understands it yet. She gets excited when we talk about having a baby (anything with "baby" in it gets her completely enthralled). I think she will be a FANTASTIC big sister. We just told family. We sent them a picture in email (my new siggy) with a poem:

In September, we'll be
Adding one more,
So our family of three
Will be a family of four.

4. Any pics of your pet rat playing basketball? What made you want to train him/her to do that anyway? I don't have any pics of her She was a GREAT pet. Her name was "Tiny Dog" and that's what she was! She was SOOO smart. I wanted to teach her something fun (remember, psyc student here) and then found I could do it and also get credit in a class for it, so that was an easy decision.

5. Do you just have the one dog? We also have a Boxer "Bauser" and a kitty "Kitty" or her official-at-the-vet name: Zeidaco (yes, we know, spelled differently).

March 11th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Gwynne... your new siggy is ADORABLE!

March 12th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Sorry about the Friday pics, gals... busy today and tomorrow with work, but I'll post them!

March 13th, 2010, 05:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Can't wait for more pics

March 15th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Gwynne, your SOTW will be moved from the stickies but please feel free to add your photos still.... I know I'd still love to see them!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search