Acupuncture, Anyone???

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2010, 03:55 PM
adnelg775's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OK, ladies,
I am going for my first acupuncture appointment tomorrow at 3pm. My main purpose there is infertility, but the practitioner says he treats the whole body as well. I would like to hear any stories that you gals have about acupuncture, whether personal or someone close to you. Any IVF/IUI/TTC successes out there with acupuncture?

Rebecca, I know you mentioned that you have had acupuncture...How was it? Did you feel any difference in any way?

Thanks In Advance,
Glenda

March 8th, 2010, 04:09 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had acupuncture when I was pregnant for several things and am considering going back because I had such great results with it! It is so relaxing! I LOVED it, and you can write it off at the end of the year as a medical expense, just fyi

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
March 8th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was thinking about this just for a relaxation tool, not really to help with infertility. I'll be curious to hear what everyone thinks.

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

March 8th, 2010, 05:55 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I'm pretty sour on it right now actually. But I want it to work for you, so I'll tell you about how my mother swears by it. She says she definitely feels a noticeable difference afterwards. Honestly, I felt different too, even though I'm frustrated with other parts of it. The needles don't really feel like needles, somehow it feels like they have hit something deeper. It's hard to describe. It is also very relaxing and soothing, despite the fact that needles are involved!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

March 8th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't been for a couple of months. It absolutely worked wonders for my migraines though. I haven't had any prescription pain killers in years - I don't need them anymore! I find the treatments super relaxing - I often fall asleep. If you go in not expecting results then you might not get any good results, but if you go in with an open mind then there's a better chance that it will help.

Good luck.
March 9th, 2010, 05:54 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was on a break from fertility meds when I conceived my kids. I was doing acupuncture and Chinese herbs though. I'm sure I wouldn't have my kids if it weren't for the acupuncture. I found someone who specializes in fertility, not just someone who treats it as part of their practice. She said it can take up to 3 months to start seeing the effects of it. I was pregnant on the third month. I was temping and checking my cervical position during all this. My cycles were super long and my LP was short before hand. The acupuncture was fixing all of that.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

March 9th, 2010, 06:05 AM
Thanks for the reponses!!
I am definitely going in there with an open mind.
The practitioner who is doing this is actually recommended by my RE's office, and that's how I heard about him, they include his brochure in with all the other stuff they give you as a new patient. He specializes in fertility but is certified to do all TCM and acupuncture.
I have a whole bunch of other issues that I am hoping he can help me with, but I need to be polycystic for my IVM/IVF cycle, so I hope he doesn't cure that...YET. LOL

March 9th, 2010, 06:29 AM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I go once a week to an acupuncturist who knows about infertility. I have been going for about 2 months. I can't take any of the herbs bc I am on fertility meds but it really relaxes me and she has a wall of babies that she helped conceive with acupuncture!!! I feel like it was worth a shot to give it a try!

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
March 9th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did acupuncture when I was TTC #1. I don't know if it helped or not, but it was relaxing and I plan to start doing it again (in fact, I left a message today to schedule my consultation). I think I'm usually a bit too skeptical to really get into it, but it was nice to have a relaxing hour to myself in the middle of all the TTCMA chaos. That's really the reason I want to do it again.
March 9th, 2010, 09:52 AM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
I'm considering it, It can't really hurt anything at this point!

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

March 9th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Well, I'm back from my appointment. It was definitely relaxing...the needles didn't bother me at all. I will be going back twice a week up until my transfer date, which we are assuming will be around April 11th.

March 10th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Regular
Glad you are using acupuncture! I did that as well for my IVF cycle. If anything, it helps relax the body so it can be receptive to a future bean. Good luck!
March 10th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the input and the well-wishes, ladies!!! I hope I can report success in another month or so!

March 12th, 2010, 08:33 AM
faysdt414's Avatar Mother, Crafter, OT
ok, so i was a bit skeptical about accupuncture when i went for the first time back in december... but after TTC #2 for almost a year and having a chemical pregnancy in november i decided to try accupuncture and Yoga cause i had nothing to loose... weeeell, i got pg after only a few sessions. I really do beleive that it helps with increasing the blood flow to the areas needed to mature the egg and helps the uteran lining be thicker.. the session i had that fell out right as i was getting my +OPKs was interesting, went in thrusday night for the accuapunture and thursday morning i had craaazy ovulation pain on both sides, i KNEW my body was finally ovulating after 36 days into my cycle!!!! i dont think i would be pg right now if it wasnt for the accupunture and herbs i was taking. its also very relaxing.
Good luck to you!

Ella Chaya: March 15, 2012 (8.14lbs)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search