what's next? Clomid ---> ???

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2010, 06:53 PM
LBinDesMoines's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to LBinDesMoines
I haven't even had IUI this cycle but I am already started planing next month.... that is kind of depressing right?

I've taken clomid for 5 cycles with a break in Dec. I will be getting my progesterone tested this month. I haven't been but was on clomid a year ago and it worked.

I am ready for the next step. What other fert meds did you transition to after clomid?

I am going to start looking into it so I can be prepared just was hoping for all your expert thoughts and opinions!

March 8th, 2010, 07:16 PM
pianogirl's Avatar Veteran
Hi there. After clomid I did purgeon injections and a ovidrel trigger shot to release the follicles and IUI which is how I got pregnant with my ds. We are ttc#2 and we did try purgeon and IUI again but unfortunately it has not worked so we are now onto IVF, which is a lot more drugs.

Good luck and hopefully you will get a bfp and not have to move to the next step of drugs.
TTC#2 since June 2008
Did Puregon and IUI from June 2008 - Dec.2008
Began process of testing and getting ready for IVF w/ICSI Feb.2009
Did first IVF w/ICSI in May. MC June 2009
Did IVF with FET Oct 2009 and had CP
Begin taking BCP on May 7 for IVF
Lupron injections on May 15
Gonal-F & Menupor on May 28
Retrieval on June 7, 5 day transfer w/2 embryo's on June 12
June 21-4 weeks pregnant!! Praying for heartbeat at 7 week ultrasound
July 12-We are having twins! Two strong heartbeats. Thank you God.
Jan 13,2011-Marcus and Caleb were born.

March 8th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope that you won't need to worry about moving on because THIS time will work!!!

BUT, you can pair clomid with an inject, you could try Femara or you could try injects on their own.

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

March 9th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to be taking my 5th round of Clomid this cycle (I've had a 2 cycle break due to surgery). If the 5th/6th round doesnt work then I'm going to try another pill, Femara. I'm having second thoughts about moving onto IUI/IVF at the moment......

March 9th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I did 3 cycles with Clomid with NO IUI. And then, 3 cycles of Clomid with IUI. After all those cycles, I then had a lap, where it was discovered I have endo. After the surgery, we tried 5 cycles naturally with no meds. When that didn't work, we did Femara with IUI for one cycle. Now, we're moving onto IVF.
March 9th, 2010, 03:00 PM
LBinDesMoines's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to LBinDesMoines
OK so here is what we are moving on to.... Last month DH sperm count was terrible. Today I went in for IUI and it was worse....

DH is going in for bloodwork to make sure it is nothing hormonal. If it is not hormonal we are moving to IVF....

I never considered IVF due to the cost. I am still kind of stunned because my mom is going to pay for it! My dad died when I was 11 and my mom invested all of his life insurance money and is going to use some of it for our IVF. I am just speechless.

March 9th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
WOW! That is an amazing gift! If it's a problem with DH's counts, I'd go with the IVF route myself. What a wonderful mom you have

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

March 10th, 2010, 01:28 AM
*Lindsay*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry you have to go through all of this. It truly wears you out. What an awesome gift your mom is giving you. That IS a true blessing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search