Jackie, thinking about you!!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Super Mommy
How very exciting that your retrieval is today! Please keep us posted on how you are doing!!! Good luck!!

3 failed fresh IVFs, 1 failed FET
Surprise BFP in 12/10 after acupuncture & herbs!!
1 beautiful, perfect daughterl!

March 9th, 2010, 07:39 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Good luck, Jackie! I hope all those eggs are ripe and ready!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 9th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was just coming on here to post this..... SENDING YOU TONS OF GOOD VIBES!!!!

Please let us know how things go!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

March 9th, 2010, 08:56 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are one of the first people I thought about this morning....I was in the shower, but hey it's the thoughts right

Hope it all went well. HUGS!
March 9th, 2010, 09:44 AM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought about you this morning too!!!! I hope everything goes perfect and all your eggs are nice and ready!!!!! KUP!!!!

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
March 9th, 2010, 10:30 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Good luck, Jackie!!! I hope you have a bunch of ripe, magical eggs in there and the retrieval and fertilization all go great!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
March 9th, 2010, 11:41 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you ladies so much. It means so much to know that all that positive energy is out there.

I'm back home and on bed rest for the day (yay), so I wanted to update.

Everything went well today.

They ended up getting 10 eggs. When my RE told me that, I started bawling... then each time the nurse checked on me for the first 15 minutes, I just bawled my eyes out. I know that 10 is good, but I just had it in my head that we'd end up with more- I can't explain it. But all in all, I started to feel better about it all. It sounds like out of my 15 measurable follies, only 10 actually had eggies in them, so that's why the number difference.. Oh well- I have to call the office in the late morning tomorrow to talk with the folks in the embryologist's office to get our fertilization report. I am so so praying that most of them fertilize........... I can't stress that enough. I'm trying to relax, but it's tough not knowing what's going on in that dish at the lab! I'm feeling ok, just very tired a little light headed. While we were there, we did my first injection of Progesterone (the 1 and 1/2 needle into the butt muscle!). The nurse explained everything to DH, and he did great. Hopefully it'll be just as "easy" here at home without the guidance of the wonderful nurse.

Ok, well it's nap time (I'm exhausted).... I'll definitely update tomorrow late morning when I get my fertilization report. Please pray for embies.

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

March 9th, 2010, 11:46 AM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
Jackie- Yeah for 10 eggs!!! I know what you mean about being upset at "only" 10eggs. I know I will be the exact same way. I hope and pray they all fertilize... maybe even multiply for you Was it painful?? Do they put you under for it?
March 9th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
HUGS! I'm so glad that things went so well! Don't get too down about the number, TEN is a GREAT number! You have SOOO many good roll models to look up to, Juli, April, Melissa.... the list goes on and on!

I'll be sure to send all my positive energy and prayers to your 10 little eggies and hoping that tomorrow we hear all about the GREAT FR!!!

March 9th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma S View Post
Jackie- Yeah for 10 eggs!!! I know what you mean about being upset at "only" 10eggs. I know I will be the exact same way. I hope and pray they all fertilize... maybe even multiply for you Was it painful?? Do they put you under for it?
No, it wasn't painful. In fact, I was in more pain this morning before I left home because my ovaries were aching so badly! And yes, they put you under for it. I got to the hospital around 7am, they had me on an IV for about an hour and a half and started anti-biotics and pain meds in that as well. The procedure itself took about 45 minutes, and then I was there for another 1.5 hrs in recovery. I'm just pretty groggy (not as bad as after my lap last year though!!!) and I'm tired and shaky.. Otherwise, no pain really. I haven't had a bit of spotting, which surprised me as well. They said that bloating and cramping for the next week is normal, and so is spotting. Lucky for me (although I'm sure I still have some pain meds pumping through me), I haven't had any of that.

Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.

March 9th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've been thinking of you all day and had to jump on at lunch to check in.

I know that you were hoping for more but 10 eggs is a pretty good number. We'll all keep our fingers crossed that they all fertilize and grow!
March 9th, 2010, 12:33 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
TEN is great! Anything above 0 is great.....praying for a great fertilization report!
March 9th, 2010, 12:50 PM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just posted on the IVF thread but I wanted you to know that I am praying for you and the eggs and 10 great embies!

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
March 9th, 2010, 01:02 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was thinking about you earlier Jackie! 10 is awesome!!! I hope every last one of them fertilizes!! Rest up sweetie cuz in about 9 months you'll need your energy

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
March 9th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Like everyone said, 10 is great! I look forward to hearing about the fertilization report!!! Get some rest!!!
March 9th, 2010, 03:23 PM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
10 is a fantastic number Jackie!!

I only had 9 - 7 were mature - 6 fertilized and 4 made it to blast (just a recap I know you know all that already!) And now I have Savannah!

I'm very very excited for you - can't wait for your fert report! Take it easy and text me if you need to talk @ all.

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

March 9th, 2010, 04:59 PM
adnelg775's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jackie, I'm glad you're home and it's done with... I agree with the other ladies, 10 sounds pretty good! Now, are you doing 3day or 5 day transfer? I hope they all fertilize and everything goes well!

March 9th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Glenda, we'll be doing a 3 day transfer. As long as we have 2 healthy embies, we'll be transferring two. I can not WAIT to hear the results tomorrow. I'm soooo nervous.

March 9th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Fingers crossed for a WONDERFUL fert report tomorrow!

March 9th, 2010, 08:01 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Sounds like it went super! Rest up and I'm praying for a SUPER fert. report tomorrow! Can't wait to hear the news!!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search