Tax Return TUESDAY!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Angel_Maker
Well, now that I have my days right, it's TUESDAY and tax return time is coming What do you plan on using yours for?

Ours is going straight in my Money Market to help pay for the adoption.....I told DH that I might give him like $100 to buy himself something (since he's a spoiled brat ) but the rest is for Brewer
March 9th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We haven't even done our taxes yet and I'm REALLY scared we are going to have to pay in. The last couple of years we have broken even (which I guess is what is suppose to happen.... no paying in, no money back kind of thing). But, we really could use the extra money right now, so I'm holding on to the glimmer of hope that with the medical expense deductions that we can make this year, that we'll get something back, or at least NOT have to pay in.

***IF*** and that's a big if, we get money back, it goes straight to our adoption fund that we have started.

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

March 9th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I filed our taxes on the weekend (2 months ahead of the dealine - I'm so proud of myself). We're getting a really good refund this year and while I'd love to put some of it on the mortgage we'll be hanging onto it to pay for the IVF.
March 9th, 2010, 11:28 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We always break even or have to pay but this year we got $2142 back We actually got our taxes in on Feb 2nd and just received the check last week from the IRS.

$300 is going to custom window coverings (we already saved up the rest). We have half-moon shaped windows in 3 rooms of the house and during the summer it gets HOT with the sun shining in. When we moved in we were only able to afford one of them (it was $750) and so now I had the people come out to measure for the 2 smaller windows....(which is costing a total of $717). But they are really nice and keep the rooms cool.

We split $342 between us for extra pocket cash.

The rest was put into envelopes for future spending.....like we have an envelope for property taxes, insurance, vehicle maintenance, baby fund, etc. and we dispersed the money between the envelopes.
March 9th, 2010, 12:30 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we got 4k back this year and we paid off credit cards.

we are doing the same thing next year.

BUT the year after that we are taking our tax return and going on a vacation..Hawaii, a cruise..SOMETHING

March 9th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Angel_Maker
Quote:
Originally Posted by *CAMM* View Post
we got 4k back this year and we paid off credit cards.

$4K That's awesome!!!! I think the most we've ever gotten back was a little over $2K.....that's what we're hoping for this year......next year should be a BIG year for us....especially if we can claim two kiddos

Christin! You guys definitely deserve a vacay!!! I will have to live vicariously through you when that time comes
March 9th, 2010, 03:04 PM
LBinDesMoines's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to LBinDesMoines
Last year we got back $3K this year.... $950

Ohhh well DH got an XBox 360 and I got a CBE fertility monitor.... doesn't seem equal does it?

March 9th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
We just mailed our's today. We have the first time home buyer tax credit, and I started crying when I saw the amount we are getting back. Without the credit we are getting the biggest return we've ever had.

We are going to buy the rest of our bed, it's a Captain's bed which we could only afford the headboard at the time so we'll be getting the rest of the bed. We are also replacing our two doors, which we'll be able to use on next year's return since we'll be getting "energy doors." Then save some for when we visit DH's parents this summer and go do his class reunion. The rest will be put into savings.

made by BAM

March 9th, 2010, 05:10 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Asher_n_Noah_n_Tres View Post
$4K That's awesome!!!! I think the most we've ever gotten back was a little over $2K.....that's what we're hoping for this year......next year should be a BIG year for us....especially if we can claim two kiddos

Christin! You guys definitely deserve a vacay!!! I will have to live vicariously through you when that time comes

my friend always gets around 10k because they have a farm...I am always jealous come tax season LOL

Yeah with 2 kids you will probably get around 4k!!!!

we've never been on a "real" vacay before and Im soooo ready for one!!!!!

March 9th, 2010, 05:10 PM
AllisonC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All of our tax refund went to our IVF fund.
March 9th, 2010, 05:45 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Our refund paid our last RE bill (for the freezing/preservation of our embies), bought new tires for DH's truck, bought the crib mattress and stroller, and will pay for our doula and breast pump. We usually don't get a refund, so I was thrilled this year!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

March 9th, 2010, 06:34 PM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We got the first time home buyers credit as well. That plus me not having taxable income, moving expenses, and college tuition means two very happy people. We're paying about half of my credit card (which is all school), I get a root canal, glasses and contacts, DH gets a Bose surround sound and the rest is going into savings.

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
March 9th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You guys are making me excited to go in and find out what we might be getting back

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

March 9th, 2010, 11:07 PM
mom2myJo's's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I received ours last week. We got about $4200 back but 1/3 was garnished for a bad debt that DH has with his student loan from before we got married. ( I filed injured spouse) I used the money to pay bills and buy the needs to TTC again and we each gave ourselves 200 dollars to spend on ourselves and we went out on a much needed date.
March 10th, 2010, 08:15 AM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
We got about 7k back and paid off all our debt, got a canon rebel, and the downpayment for the new car.

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

March 10th, 2010, 12:30 PM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did all of you file online? If you mailed yours in have you gotten your refund yet? We mailed ours about a month ago and it's still not even showing up online as being received. I'm wondering if it got lost/destroyed in the airplane hitting the building. Anybody have any idea how we go about finding out if we should mail it in again?

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
March 10th, 2010, 12:38 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That seems a little long, Paige. I would call them and see what they would prefer you to do.

I filed our taxes last weekend, and we'll be getting a nice refund also. That will go straight back to the bank account that was used to pay our IVF bill.

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

March 10th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
BOOO. My DH is self-employed and we wound up owing 2K this year.

NO FUN!
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

March 10th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Angel_Maker
DH and I still need to file ours......I heard that the guy we have used for YEARS raised his rates (thanks crappy economy) So DH is going to stop by and talk to the guy and see if he'll work us a deal since we've been going to him for so long.....If not, we'll file online or find someone else.
March 10th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
We did paper, but just sent it Tuesday. We could only do paper since we had the first time home buyer credit. Although we put to get direct deposit.

made by BAM

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search