We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
They think Coby's heart is OK, but aren't a 100% sure so they are sending everything from today and yesterday to the University of Minnesota. Around here you know it is or could be serious if it's going there. They are going to let me know what the UofM says when they get the results back. The Dr also wants to do an echo on Coby after he's born before we go home from the hospital.
As for the OB apt. She was concerned with the heart and the stress I've been having at work plus being on my feet working with kids for over 6 hours, so she put me on Dr ordered "no work" till he's born.
I hope they are just being cautious and that everything turns out okay...I'll be thinking about you guys. Hopefully the time away from work will really help you both be strong and healthy for the delivery!
Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)
I'm sorry about all this stress. At least if they find someting out now, you'll be able to deliver in a hospital equiped for the situation. If something does have to be done they can usually take care of it right at birth and baby will be all healed up by the next day. Be an advocate for you baby though! Make sure you get every test, and that they are sure! Even if they decide everything is fine, i would still demand an echo. KUP!!!!
Sorry about the uncertainty. At least you know with the DR's at the U looking at the stuff that something even very small will be caught in advanced... or that when they say it's all good... that it's really all good! I'll be praying for good news!
Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!
I felt a lot better after talking to my BFF (she's on vacation but called me last night). Her daughter is being treated at the UofM for heart stuff. The Dr was said that he's glad to see the Coby is a "Busy Baby." My MIL who's a NICU peid's nurse in TX will be here so I'm sure she'll be all over the doctors about his heart. I guess yesterday she was trying to seek out a peids cardiologist to ask questions.