Hi. :) (my story)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2010, 05:21 AM
babydreamin17's Avatar Member
Im new here and wanted to share my story and where we are at this point.

Me and my husband have been TTC for 8 years this month with no luck. Back in 2006, we started the process to get checked and to see a RE. Times kinda had a different plan for us and left us in a bind where we couldn't go back for testing and lost our insurance. Life quickly turned around for us and now we are in a bigger and better spot and are finally getting some answers.

Back in November, I was seen by a new RE since we had moved and so far, getting tons of answers. I was put on clomid for December, started out on 50mg, didn't ovulate and did a repeat for January- same results. February I was upped to 100mg and still no ovulation. This cycle, I was put on 150mg clomid, 850mg of glucophage & 25mg of dexamethasone steriod to help with ovulation. On CD 12, which was Tuesday, I went in for a ultrasound to check for follicles. Much to my surprise I had a total of 6! 2 on the right side and 4 on the other. I was told they are great sizes too. The 2 on the right were at 20 and 21 I believe and the other 4 ranged from 16-18's. They sent me home with a hcg injection of ovidrel to assure ovulation and I injected myself with it yesterday morning and now we are waiting on our much overdue ovulation!

Hearing that my body is finally responding to treatment of the meds made me SO estatic! I am still on cloud 9 over this and just tickled my body seems like its going to ovulate!

So as of right now, I am suppost to Ovulate sometime today at the earliest around 1pm and we made sure to get in some spermies this morning. HAHA

So thats my story right now and where we are.

has anyone else had to use hcg injection of ovidrel or know of any success rates?

I look forward to hearing from you all and all of us to get our precious baby bumps!
March 11th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to say good luck and welcome. This is a great group of ladies.

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
March 11th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and welcome! We've used Ovidrel, but our process is much different since we're dealing with male factor infertility - so I can't really give you info on success rates and stuff since we're dealing with an entirely different problem. But I still wanted to say hi and good luck!!!
March 11th, 2010, 08:27 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Welcome! I'm so excited for you guys that you are finally getting some answers and that the treatment plan your RE set up is working!

Not sure I can help with success rates for just the Ovidrel....most women on this board have used it at one time or another, but always in combination with Clomid or injectibles or other drugs as part of a comprehensive fertility plan. Sounds like you have great follies, though, so as long as you get lots of healthy sperm up to your eggs, I'd say you have a wondeful chance at getting your BFP. Good luck!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

March 11th, 2010, 08:32 AM
mom2myJo's's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and Welcome,

I am Carin and my DH is Brian. I am sorry but I am not to that point yet of using any other meds for myself. My DH also has a low count as well. From the looks of it it sounds like your follies are growing real well and I hope for a BFP this cycle for you. It took my DH and I 8 years to get DS.
March 11th, 2010, 10:15 AM
thanks everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisee37 View Post
Hi and welcome! We've used Ovidrel, but our process is much different since we're dealing with male factor infertility - so I can't really give you info on success rates and stuff since we're dealing with an entirely different problem. But I still wanted to say hi and good luck!!!

Daisee,
is the ovidrel also used on low sperm count? I know years ago my Dh was given a SA and it came back low- but we never went back to get more info or a repeat to know more info. I do know if I dont get preggo this cycle, he already has the kit to get started to get his spermies checked again. The only reason the doc didn't want to do it yet (he was suppose to this week) is b/c they gave me the hcg trigger and want more chances for the sperm to be in me rather than testing right now.
March 11th, 2010, 10:49 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Ovidrel is used to make your body ovulate, and that is all. It gives your body a fake hormonal surge that will force the eggs out of their follies so that the sperm will have plenty of targets to reach and get you pregnant. It sounds like with the Clomid, other drugs, and Ovidrel, your body is doing everything right to give you the best chance at a BFP.

If your DH has low counts or other problems with his sperm, they might try IUI in combination with your treatments. For IUI, they wash his sperm to remove the outer coating and separate the best sperm to use for the insemination. Your RE will then inject the sperm directly into your uterus so they don't have to travel as far to get to your eggs.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

March 11th, 2010, 12:16 PM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and welcome!!! Sounds like you had GREAT follies!!!! I have used ovidrel the last 4 cycles with 2 clomid and then injectable cycles. I hope you get your BFP very soon!!!

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
March 11th, 2010, 12:23 PM
ttcmymiracle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome, this is a great place to be! And congrats on all the follies!!! Good luck and keep us posted! Sounds like you may have a BFP on the way!!!

TTC since Nov. 2007. All testing=completely normal....but we still have empty arms! clomid-thin lining and BFN; femara-BFN, 3 IUIs= BFN, IVF (Nov 2010)= BFN. IVF 2 (FET)= BFP!! beta 1: 29.2 beta 2: 120!!!

March 11th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome! It sounds like you got some great advice already. Now you just have to wait out the next two weeks and pray for that BFP!!!! Fingers are crossed!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

March 11th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm Kimberley and my DH is Jason. After an 8 year wait I hope that this 2ww goes by quickly for you (and ends in a BFP)!
March 12th, 2010, 03:55 AM
adnelg775's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope you get to "Grad status" soon!!!

March 12th, 2010, 04:20 AM
Super Mommy
good luck.......just get to the BDing

Dx - unicornuate uterus - ask me, i am not shy
March 12th, 2010, 05:34 AM
thanks everyone.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: