Sister of the Week ~Melissa~ March 15-19th

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2010, 05:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Our Sister of the Week this week is Melissa (MelibearMOM)!!! If you want to request specific pics from Melissa please remember to have your requests in before Wednesday 5 PM. And please save all of your questions for Melissa for Thursday. I appreciate all of the love and support we give each other on the board, let's keep it going strong!

Monday: Post an intro about you, family etc... (it can be as long or as short as you would like).

Tuesday: Post 20 facts about yourself.

Wednesday: Share pictures of yourself, family, etc . . .(keep these appropriate for the board please)

Thursday: Answer any questions the ladies might have for you (please save all questions for this day ladies!)

Friday: Post 10 pics that other members request from you. Things you might not think to post yourself. All pic requests must be submitted by Wednesday 5 PM of your week, that way you have Wed - Fri to get them taken, uploaded and posted. Even if you get more than 10 requests....you can pick the 10 you would like to share, or share more than 10. It's up to you!

Have fun Melissa, we look forward to getting to know you better!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

March 15th, 2010, 08:23 PM
MelibearMom's Avatar Melissa--expecting #4!!
Wow! My turn already!? You guys are all quite amazing, so I'm sure my life story will be a bit boring. I've loved reading about all of you! Well, here goes.

I was born in Sacramento and raised just north of LA, Santa Clarita. Loved it out there, but probably would never go back to CA. Just before 6th grade my dad, FBI agent, got transfered to Utah. That was a rough time to leave all my friends. Utah has a very different culture. The girls my age were judgemental and all about the cliques, which I was not a part of. Jr. High totally sucked, but I had a few good friends that made it bearable. High school was the best time of my life! I was in the marching band and we were one of the biggest and best in the state! (I played clarinet, just like my dad did) I was shocked to be made section leader in the 10th grade (concert) band and also was able to be in 11th/12th grade(symphonic) band. Really great for my confidence and I think that's why I loved high school so much. SO, anyway, that's where I met DH. He was a year younger, but hung around with the guys my age that I was friends with. Our groups of friends would get together every weekend and soon DH and I started hanging out together alone. We are still friends with most of our group, in fact, I had lunch today with my best friend since 9th grade. Her DD and my DD are good friends!! Our boys will be someday too, but they are too little to know it yet.

After high school I went to Ricks College, now called BYU (Brigham Young University)-Idaho. My 3rd great grandpa founded the school and the city there. My dad's grandpa was one of the school's presidents and has a building named after him, so all my life my parents have told me I HAVE to go to school there. It was awesome cause I told all my friends to come with me!! They did and we were roomies! After DH graduated he came as well! I'm so sad they changed the name of the school.

After graduating with my Associates I went back home. On July 4th my parents sat my sister and I down to tell us they were getting divorced. We were COMPLETELY shocked. We thought they were more in love than ever! or so, they were trying to make it look like. My mom was cheating on my dad. Horrible day, I spent it with DH and his family. Things are still rough. Just last night my sister told my dad that she has been living with her boyfriend and he went off. He yells about how much my mom hurt him and how much he hates her and the man she cheated with (now her husband). He thinks my mom is a bad influence for my sister. It's just sad that he has to put us in the middle. My dad is a GREAT guy, but still, after 10 years holds a lot of anger and resentment for her. I pretty much had to force him to be in the same room as her when I got married!! Ugh, just not fun. My mom's husband is disgusting and we don't see him. Would you if he was the one that ruined your life? He is not allowed to see my children either. Luckily my mom doesn't live with him anymore cause she can't stand to, but they are still legally married. My dad also got remarried, but she's a gold digger and I CANNOT stand her. Since my dad and I are so close she feels like I am competition. I just wish my parents would get back together, but that would have to be a miracle!

Wow, this is getting long!! To sum things up, DH went on a 2 year mission for our church. No phone calls (although he broke that rule a few times), emails, or seeing each other. He went to Perth Australia and loved it! We wrote each other, through snail mail, every week and sent packages to each other. Most girls that have boyfriends that go on missions end up getting married, and I thought I would, but it just ended up that I was still around when he got home and we were married 8 months later. I got my Bachelors degree in Child and Family Studies a year later from a local university.

I was starting a job as a social worker, when found out I was pg with DD, so I worked up until I gave birth and was soooo glad to leave the job. I don't like confrontation and no one likes you when you could possibly take their kids away.

Now I work part time at Carter's (children's clothing) and I absolutely LOVE it! I also watch kids during the day and that is a bit challenging for me, but I love being able to stay home with MY kids. Today I just booked a trip for us to Disneyland next month!! It will be the first time for the kids. They are going to love it!!

Thanks for reading. I know that was long and boring, but, that's my life!

Hailey Marie 1-29-13 8lbs. 1 oz.
March 16th, 2010, 02:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Great intro Melissa!

I'm so sorry about the family struggles you have had. I kind of understand, having gone through my parents divorce as well. Luckily, at my wedding, my parents actually seemed to be getting along... I was nervous about that! Oh, and you didn't say anything in your intro about your latest BFP!!!! THAT is something to brag about girl!

I'm excited to read your 20 facts today

March 16th, 2010, 03:21 AM
adnelg775's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That was not boring!

March 16th, 2010, 04:34 PM
MrsB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think it was at all boring, lol. Great intro and can't wait to hear more about you!

After 2 losses, 2 rounds of fertility testing, 2 laproscopies and a D&C,
7 cycles of Clomid, an HSG and a cycle of Injections we finally received our BFP on August 19th!

Our Miracle John Michael was born April 25th 2011 @ 4:36pm!

March 16th, 2010, 07:46 PM
20 facts:

1. I have been biting my nails since 3rd grade and tried to stop MANY times. Only time I did was when I was pg with DD, weird!

2. I am a Bronco's fan by marriage, DH grew up in Denver.

3. I had a dog name "Awesome" when I was little. No, we didn't name him, my mom wanted to change his name to "Cowboy," but that was quickly vetoed.

4. I would rather do home projects than clean the house.

5. I wish my hair was blonder.

6. I LOVE to ride motorcycles and ATVs.

7. My favorite place on earth is my dad's cabin in Idaho overlooking the Grand Tetons.

8. I hate calling people on the phone.

9. I don't love shoes, like most women. I just threw out my Skechers that have lasted me 10 years, and got new ones.

10. I am LDS/Mormon, but not a UTAH mormon. I think there is a difference.

11. I would love to live in a cute old fashioned house out in the country with lots of land.

12. I'm not a reader. DH is frustrated that I'm stuck in the middle of Harry Potter #3 and won't finish it.

13. I love finding new recipes and ideas for dinner! (although they have to be easy) Just found a great potato soup one!!

14. My SIL just opened a bakery!!

15. My DD is in ballet at the same place I went to.

16. I would rather be cold than hot.

17. I love steaks, fettucini alfredo, and good bread.

18. I wish I could do my wedding all over again and change A LOT.

19. When I gain weight it all goes to my hips and butt. Just call me J-Lo.

20. I am a Hello Kitty freak. When I was little my Aunt would send me Hello Kitty packages for my birthday. I love that my niece and DD love Hello Kitty now!

March 17th, 2010, 05:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So here are my pic requests for Friday:

1. Pics of your kiddos!
2. Pic of your dad's cabin... if you have one.
3. Pic of where you talk to us from.
4. The inside of your fridge.

Questions for Thursday:
1. Have you told everyone about the new bean yet? And are you finding out the sex?
2. What about your wedding day would you change?
3. I'm interested (because I have no idea) what is the difference between an LDS Mormon and a Utah Mormon?
4. What is the best part and worst part of your job?

March 17th, 2010, 06:38 AM
adnelg775's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pic requests: Your favorite pic of all time!

March 17th, 2010, 09:36 PM

This was just last week when we took DD miniature golfing for her birthday. She even got a hole in 1 on a par 3!!!

This was in Idaho for their 24th of July parade.

This is me with my hair down. Lately I only wear ponytails cause it's just too easy. This picture was when my mom's friend was trying to be all professional.

This one was taken today!! We heard the heart beat and saw our little nubbins (nubs for arms and legs) wiggling around!! DD got very excited and I think it made it even more real for her. My sister is giving me ultrasounds about every 2 weeks!

March 18th, 2010, 02:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You have a beautiful family! And congrats on hearing the heartbeat!!!!!

March 18th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Kari, here's the answers to your questions!

1. Have you told everyone about the new bean yet? And are you finding out the sex?
Yes, everyone knows. DD can't keep her mouth shut. lol I'm hoping to find out the sex around 14 wks when my sister does an ultrasound!!

2. What about your wedding day would you change?
I wouldn't change the actual wedding, just the reception. It was further away than most people would have liked, so they didn't come. I would have had LOTS more decorations and better music, probably a live band. I also would have made my dad stand by my mom for our pictures.

3. I'm interested (because I have no idea) what is the difference between an LDS Mormon and a Utah Mormon?
Well, in MY opinion Utah Mormons are a little more snobby. In California no one cared what you wore or what you looked like, but it Utah it's VERY important. I think it's because most people here are Mormon and they try to be different. They claim to be so religious and "perfect" yet, outside of church they are the complete opposite. I guess that's how every religion is. I just feel like people here are judgemental and sheltered from the outside world (outside of Utah). I remember one of my friends in 7th grade moved to Washington and wrote me a letter saying that her teacher drinks COFFEE!!! Oh, the horror!! Really, pathetic. Anyway, hope that makes sense.

4. What is the best part and worst part of your job?
My job at Carter's.....best part is seeing all the cute clothes and getting great deals! Worst part is my manager sometimes. She is totally OCD and you DON'T want to be on her bad side (luckily I'm not).

My job as a daycare provider.....best part is staying home with my kids. Worst part is having other people's kids who get spoiled at home and the stress of keeping them entertained without ruining all my furniture.

March 20th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for answers my questions Melissa! I find learning about other cultures/religions very fascinating - so that's why I asked the question.

You still have all weekend to post some more pics if you'd like. The new SOTW will be posted by Sunday, but yours just becomes a regular thread and we can still see what you post!

Thanks for being the SOTW! It was really a lot of fun getting to know you better!

March 21st, 2010, 05:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing !!! Really enjoyed it lots

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search