do you look for signs?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2010, 07:07 PM
mudd1118's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
...as if I don't have enough to stress over while TTC for the last year... I often found myself looking for some sort of sign that all of this will work out in the end...

...one thought in particular has stuck with me over the last couple of months and has helped keep my spirits up during this process... so I thought I'd share...

After first visiting my R/E back in September, my husband and I had decided to put off TTCwMA until December, as Chris was leaving to work with a team in Mexico for a couple of months (and we had planned on using the cash he made there to help with the first round or two of injectables). In late November, we found out that his work was going to be cut short and that he would be home in early December - great news because I was missing him so very much, but we also knew that it meant missing out on several more weeks of pay. I contacted the insurance coordinator with his organization to see if there were ANY loopholes in our plan that would cover the injectables, but unfortunately there was none.

Sadly, the day after my husband returned home in early December, his father was killed in a car accident as he was on his way over to visit Chris. To say that was the most devastating time in our lives is an understatement.

During the course of those next few days, it seemed that what stood out in everyone's minds was that in these last few years, my father-in-law had lived his life for his grandchildren. Through many medical problems, it was the grandchildren that kept him going. I know our four miscarriages crushed Chris' dad... and I was later told that in the weeks leading up to his death, he often commented on how he couldn't wait until we had our babies... On the last day of the funeral, I overheard Chris with his siblings and heard his brother say that he left this world - these grandbabies - to be with the ones in heaven... OURS! In a way, it really gave us a sense of peace...

Over those next few weeks, it seemed that everyone in Chris' family was getting some sort of sign from his dad - seeing him in dreams, finding pennies along the way, and even a young grandson said "Papa" came over to his desk at school to give him a hug. On January 2nd, Chris finally broke down and cried that he was so desperate to get something - anything - from his dad to let him know that things were ok.

On the morning of January 4th, right after returning from a Mass in memory of my father-in-law, I received an email from our insurance coordinator... she had checked again, one more time, and effective January 1st, ALL of our fertility treatments were going to be covered by our insurance!! We were floored! Our plan would cover 90% of our office visits and for our $1000 injectables we would only be responsible for our $20 copay! At that moment, we knew we had someone special up there trying to get things done for us...

A few weeks later, Chris' great-uncle (who is in a nursing home) told his wife that my father-in-law had come into his room. His wife told him that it couldn't have been him, but he quickly and adamantly insisted that it WAS my father-in-law... and he came in "with an armful of babies!"

So my husband got his sign... and with that we have gotten one, too... that everything is going to work out... we will be parents... someday... it will happen...

...so it makes me wonder... what kind of signs do you see?
March 15th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, those are amazing stories. I hope that you will be able to have your baby soon.
March 15th, 2010, 08:20 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
Wow that is an amazing story!!! I don't have anything like that, but wow... that is incredible! I'd feel hopeful too!

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

March 15th, 2010, 08:21 PM
pianogirl's Avatar Veteran
I don't know if I've ever gotten signs, perhaps I have but just didn't realize it. Just wanted to say that I found your story very touching and I wish you the best of luck in your ttc journey.
TTC#2 since June 2008
Did Puregon and IUI from June 2008 - Dec.2008
Began process of testing and getting ready for IVF w/ICSI Feb.2009
Did first IVF w/ICSI in May. MC June 2009
Did IVF with FET Oct 2009 and had CP
Begin taking BCP on May 7 for IVF
Lupron injections on May 15
Gonal-F & Menupor on May 28
Retrieval on June 7, 5 day transfer w/2 embryo's on June 12
June 21-4 weeks pregnant!! Praying for heartbeat at 7 week ultrasound
July 12-We are having twins! Two strong heartbeats. Thank you God.
Jan 13,2011-Marcus and Caleb were born.

March 15th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That made me cry! That is so beautiful. Your FIL is watching over you with all your little angels
March 15th, 2010, 09:45 PM
ttcmymiracle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW that was amazing! I have chill bumps!! I believe God gives us signs but most of the time we dont see them. I hope you are holding a sweet baby in your arms soon! And I am so sorry for all the loss you guys have experienced. ((HUGS))

TTC since Nov. 2007. All testing=completely normal....but we still have empty arms! clomid-thin lining and BFN; femara-BFN, 3 IUIs= BFN, IVF (Nov 2010)= BFN. IVF 2 (FET)= BFP!! beta 1: 29.2 beta 2: 120!!!

March 16th, 2010, 05:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What an incredible story! Thanks for sharing!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

March 16th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That was a very touching story! Thank you for sharing. I beleive in signs too and at the time I was going through IVF, I was driving home late one night and looked up and saw a shooting star. I just knew it was my good luck sign.

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
March 16th, 2010, 09:03 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I don't believe in signs (they're not a part of my faith) but after reading your story I wish I did. I lost my grandmother (who was my best friend too) in November and I'd love a sign to know she's watching over me.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

March 16th, 2010, 06:38 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your story is beautiful; and I am so glad that insurance is going to help out. What a financial relief that must be! I hope you get pregnant soon.

I had what I think was a sign this afternoon. My FIL passed away 2 weeks ago from a brain tumor. He loved his 2 grandchildren so much as well... From the first day he met me 2 years ago he asked me when I was going to make him a grandpa from his son. It was so sweet... I had a dream this afternoon that he was playing with my baby up in heaven. I woke up crying but not a sad crying....

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 17th, 2010, 06:52 AM
~Lynda~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i used to look for signs, but i don't anymore... your story may make me look again!! thanks for sharing

March 17th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
Yes I do. Not long after we moved into our house I had a dream about my grandpa who passed away about 5 years ago, along with my dad's parents who passed when I was young. The dream was he was holding 4 babies. Which really confused me being that with the two MC only one was a set of twins. He started handing out the babies. He gave one to my dad's dad, one to my dad's mom, he handed the largest one to me, and kept the smallest for himself. After that I felt more at peace! The next cycle was the one I got pregnant.

made by BAM

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search