When they say take prometrium at bedtime....

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2010, 11:15 AM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
...They so mean it!! I figured I was going to be in like an hour or two so I'd just take it.... on top of already being tired from the HCG Trigger, this made me unbearably tired, and I sat on the couch and fell asleep for like 3 hours, waking up at 11:30 pm and being confused about how I was asleep for so long! :S Lessons learnt. Take AT bedtime. Not before. I guess thats why they say not to drive and stuff on the bottle.

Anyone else knocked on their butt from the prometrium, or prometrium/trigger?

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

March 18th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kary♥RN Send a message via Yahoo to Kary♥RN
I can't take mine at bedtime.. since I work night shift three days aweek... so I take mine at about 3 in the afternoon (Since that is about the only time I am ALWAYS awake).. I HAVE to take it with food.. or I am so dizzy.. And I mean DIZZY! To the point I can't really function. But with food.. it is not all that bad. I get a little "fuzzy" but not Dizzy!

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
March 18th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm on the progestrone in oil and YES it knocks me out!! I took it at 8pm last night because I thought I should go ahead and get both shots out of the way and that was when I was due for my Heparin shot and oh.my.goodness...so tired!
March 18th, 2010, 01:55 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
I had no idea it would make me THAT tired! I got super dizzy, shut my eyes for a "few minutes" and woke up hours later, lol! What a night! Lesson learnt though, I'll be more aware tonight!

And it makes me feel a lot better knowing it makes others so drowsy/dizzy too... I was kind of worried!

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

March 18th, 2010, 02:40 PM
mom2myJo's's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I was on Prometrium, I had to take it 2 times a day, in the morning and at night and yes.....I slept a lot! I am now taking progesterone in a cream 2x's daily and to my surprise, the same thing is happening.
March 18th, 2010, 02:50 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I take the suppository, but it still made me tired. At least i sleep well lol. I take mine in the morning because i work nights.

March 18th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2Jojo View Post
When I was on Prometrium, I had to take it 2 times a day, in the morning and at night and yes.....I slept a lot! I am now taking progesterone in a cream 2x's daily and to my surprise, the same thing is happening.
Is the cream something you needed a prescription for or did you buy it at a local pharmacy? What kind is it? Thanks

March 18th, 2010, 04:59 PM
mom2myJo's's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am trying for this cycle a cream by Emerita called Progest and I am taking the equivalent to 400 mg of Prometrium every day. I will go get Prometrium if the cream doesn't work in 3 cycles. I bought Emerita online and it is available in some pharmacies. I bought a 4 oz tube on amazon for less than half the price on emerita.com
March 18th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I get pretty sleepy from the suppositories as well... just the hormones I guess!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

March 19th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had to take it in the morning and at night. It made me so tired/dizzy for a few hours every day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search