IUI yesterday =)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Kholmes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies, I finally got a BFP on my OPK at CD20 yesterday morning. I asked my doc if I should do the IUI and he said yup, everything looked like I would O soon, so we went for it at 2pm! This is my 2nd IUI since TTC#2. It was the easiest, least painful IUI yet =) that was a nice surprise.

Couple questions for you ladies...

1- Do you do 1 or 2 IUIs per cycle? We have to purchase sperm & pay out of pocket for the IUI itself, so we've historically only done 1 IUI per cycle. My doc said it doesn't increase your odds that much to have 2 done, but what are your thoughts and experiences?

2- What do you do after an IUI? I went and picked up my son, came home and chowed on Chinese food then went to bed at 8:30 =) But now in the 2ww, what do you do to keep your thoughts positive and mind preoccupied? And do you go on with life as usual, or do you rest for a couple days?

Thanks!

March 19th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've never been thru an IUI but just wanted to send you lots of sticky bean wishes your way

March 19th, 2010, 10:35 AM
SarieP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kholmes View Post
Hey ladies, I finally got a BFP on my OPK at CD20 yesterday morning. I asked my doc if I should do the IUI and he said yup, everything looked like I would O soon, so we went for it at 2pm! This is my 2nd IUI since TTC#2. It was the easiest, least painful IUI yet =) that was a nice surprise.

Couple questions for you ladies...

1- Do you do 1 or 2 IUIs per cycle? We have to purchase sperm & pay out of pocket for the IUI itself, so we've historically only done 1 IUI per cycle. My doc said it doesn't increase your odds that much to have 2 done, but what are your thoughts and experiences?

2- What do you do after an IUI? I went and picked up my son, came home and chowed on Chinese food then went to bed at 8:30 =) But now in the 2ww, what do you do to keep your thoughts positive and mind preoccupied? And do you go on with life as usual, or do you rest for a couple days?

Thanks!
I can't answer your questions since I haven't had my first IUI yet but I wanted to stop by and wish you good luck in your 2WW and I'm sending you lots of sticky baby dust!!!

March 19th, 2010, 10:39 AM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
I hope this is it for you guys! I have never had an IUI either, but I too definately need to learn how to relax and stay positive during the 2WW!

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

March 20th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
First, here is some sticky bean dust coming your way... I hope this is your BFP cycle!

And as for your questions:

1- Do you do 1 or 2 IUIs per cycle? We have to purchase sperm & pay out of pocket for the IUI itself, so we've historically only done 1 IUI per cycle. My doc said it doesn't increase your odds that much to have 2 done, but what are your thoughts and experiences? We have only ever done one IUI per cycle. My RE bascially said the same thing, that it doesn't really increase your odds that much. I guess since I was using a trigger for my IUI's I completely agreed with that. But using an OPK, I would worry a bit that maybe we missed the surge. Maybe if this one doesn't work (But my fingers are crossed that it does) you can ask about doing back to back IUI's next time around. Will be more money, but maybe it's just the ticket to catching that eggie at the right moment!

2- What do you do after an IUI? I went and picked up my son, came home and chowed on Chinese food then went to bed at 8:30 =) But now in the 2ww, what do you do to keep your thoughts positive and mind preoccupied? And do you go on with life as usual, or do you rest for a couple days? Well, I have done a lot of different things. For my first IUI, I went straight home and laid on the couch all day long. I wanted to make sure I wasn't disrupting anything. The second IUI, I went back to work, but ended up leaving because I had horrible cramping that time around, so I went home to bed. The rest of the times I usually just went about my day as normal. I didn't take any extra precautions or anything. As far as keeping myself occupied in the 2ww.... I usually try to start a new book or two, if I have a project around the house I'll save it for the 2WW to work on it, and I'll end up going into cleaning mode and deep clean/organize closets and rooms around the house. Unfortunately, even with all that stuff going on - I still agonized during the 2WW... it's inevitable as far as I know. If anyone else has a magic solution to make time just pass right by, please share

Good luck to you! I really hope that you'll be moving on to a DDC in just a couple of weeks!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

March 20th, 2010, 09:57 PM
MommyMaryann's Avatar Nic's Mom
Hi! I'm a long time lurker

I asked my RE if she recommends doing more than one IUI per cycle and she said the same thing as yours - it doesn't increase your chances. But I use a trigger shot so I do it a little different.

As far as what I do after the IUI, I just go on with my day. I don't do anything different. The 2 week wait is torture in my opinion. I just try to keep my mind off it and not think about it. The more I think about it the more excited and stressed I get.

Good luck!

March 21st, 2010, 10:58 PM
ttcmymiracle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wanted to wish you luck first! Now to answer your questions....

1- Do you do 1 or 2 IUIs per cycle? We have to purchase sperm & pay out of pocket for the IUI itself, so we've historically only done 1 IUI per cycle. My doc said it doesn't increase your odds that much to have 2 done, but what are your thoughts and experiences? We do 1 IUI per cycle.

2- What do you do after an IUI? I went and picked up my son, came home and chowed on Chinese food then went to bed at 8:30 =) But now in the 2ww, what do you do to keep your thoughts positive and mind preoccupied? And do you go on with life as usual, or do you rest for a couple days? I went in for my IUIs after working all night so I go home and sleep! But if it were not after my shift I would just do what I normally do on that day. Support from family/friends and prayer are the only things that keep me sane during the 2ww! I try to stay as busy as possible so I have less time to think about it.

Again good luck and positive thoughts are sent your way!!!

TTC since Nov. 2007. All testing=completely normal....but we still have empty arms! clomid-thin lining and BFN; femara-BFN, 3 IUIs= BFN, IVF (Nov 2010)= BFN. IVF 2 (FET)= BFP!! beta 1: 29.2 beta 2: 120!!!

March 22nd, 2010, 04:39 PM
Kholmes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you ladies for all of your comments and support! I'm glad to hear 1 IUI per cycle is what most docs out there are recommending. I know I'm not using a trigger, but I think with the +OPK, I feel comfortable that I o soon after since with my son I got lucky and IUI #1 worked. Wish we were that lucky this time round LOL.

Anyhoo, hope all of you get your BFPs soon!

March 22nd, 2010, 05:35 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am just starting TTCMA and don't know anything about IUI's but I really hope you get pregnant this cycle! Lots of sticky dust!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 23rd, 2010, 06:14 AM
babydreamin17's Avatar Member
No IUI for me yet (in May most likely). But I wanted to wish you lots of luck and hope you get a stickie!!!!

Dec '09 & Jan '10: 50mg Clomid / Feb. '10: 100mg Clomid (no ovulation)
March '10: 150mg Clomid, 2mg dexamethasone, 850mg glucophage & hcg trigger Ovidrel on day 13 (PERFECT OVULATION CYCLE) ...BFN on hpt
March 18, 2010: DHs SA RESULTS: low count & low motility
** IUI Hopefully for August Cycle! **

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search