HSG??? Experiences?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm going for one tomorrow and I'm nervous!! Any good stories, or at least, I made it through and lived to tell about it stories??
August 12th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
i have had several hsgs..not good experiences thought..but that was b/c i had issues! So i wont go there so i dont scare you!! Just take the meds as prescribed and it will be alright..im sure!! I have heard of it clearing your tubes enough to give you a good chance of being preggo!! Good luck! Also if you post in the main board you might have better luck with responses!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
August 15th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Veteran
I wish I saw your post earlier. I just had one last month and survived. I hope your experience wasn't that bad. I have to admit it was a bit painful but only for a minute the rest was just uncomfortable. The good news is it is supposed to clear our any debris and make you more fertile next cycle. I will let you know if that was true for me this month. Whatever news you got it is good to know. You were either clear-yay or blocked-but at least you know your next step and don't hav eto waste time with what won't work. Best of luck to you!
March 19th, 2011, 06:42 PM
tamtamtamara's Avatar Veteran
I'm going in for my 1st HSG on Monday morning and I am definitely a bit nervous!
April 22nd, 2011, 01:25 PM
Super Mommy
I had one done last year. while they were inserting it I had cramps that feel like AF is coming thats all the discomfort I had and I was a bit sore afterwards, both my tubes are open though so if there is a problem it may hurt worse.
its such a peace of mind knowing afterwards that I recommend it to anyone TTC.
April 26th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Regular
Definitely take Motrin about an hour before the procedure. I experienced pretty severe cramping with mine. I know some women have more and less cramping, but be prepared for some no matter what. Good luck!
May 28th, 2012, 05:44 PM
I had my first HSG done last week and it was not as bad as I expected. In case you don't know what exactly happens, you go to radiology and put on a gown and lay under a gaint xray machine. A doctor will insert a catheder and blow up a balloon that will dialate your cervix. Then they will insert the dye and you watch it flow through the uterus and tubes on a screen while they take xrays. I had no pain at all but I have heard of other women having some bad cramps when they dialate you. I have been pregnant before though, so he said my uterus has already been expanded and that's why it didn't hurt. Best of luck to you!
March 4th, 2013, 06:13 PM
I had an HSG done and was SOO nervous. I think once i got over the nerves it wasn't that bad. The only thing that was a bit painful but more uncomfortable was the speculum. The actual catheter insert/dye part didn't hurt at all. Really no cramping or anything. I did spot/bleed for about 4 days after.
March 11th, 2013, 01:31 PM
zonee@gmail.com's Avatar Veteran
How did it go?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search