*UPDATED*foster care adoption ?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Hey ladies!

I just posted in the adoption forum too..but my question is..

We have done our homestudy, inspection etc..now we are just waiting..our lisencing worker wouldnt give us a time frame so i was wondering if you have done adoption this way how long did it take you to hear anything? She said the hold up is the courts..i hate waiting..it sucks!!

TIA!
Jessie

*UPDATE*

So when we checked our mail..to our surprise there was a letter from the clerk of the courts!! We opened it and it said our application for adoption had been approved and we now have a case #!!! Our Liscensing worker just turned all the last minute stuff in last friday and just yesterday we go this!! We are soo excited! I called her and now she has to get her copy in and send the homestudy to the courts!! I cant believe its finally happening!! Woo hoo..we will be certified soon she said!! YAY!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!

Last edited by Jessie0505; August 21st, 2010 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Update!
August 19th, 2010, 04:04 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We were getting licensed as foster parents and in our area it takes about 6mths from the very first class to the day you get your license...but thats just our area. Yours might be a lot shorter than that.

Expecting Vivienne Monroe!
14dpo 311!
18dpo 2440!

August 20th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Haven't gone the foster care route... I hope it doesn't take too long for you!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

August 20th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Thanks Kari! How are things with that girl? I hope all is going well and soon you will be holding your baby!

August 20th, 2010, 09:38 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are also doing foster, but we can't start the classes until Spring...Boo!
Can't wait to see how this goes for you!
August 20th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Oh ya..Christin sorry i missed your post! Man i hope it doesnt take 6 months! Weve been in it for about 4 now! so that would suck waiting two and a half more months! But i guess it will all be worth it and i guess its not out of the question! Bleh!

Oh Amber! That does suck! Why do you have to wait so long? We found out and like 2 weeks later were in our psmapps class! Now we have EVERYTHING in and its all about waiting..it sux! Get as much in as early as possible it will help! Good luck and im so happy you are doing this too! Its nice to have others with me!! Good luck!

August 20th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie0505 View Post
Thanks Kari! How are things with that girl? I hope all is going well and soon you will be holding your baby!
I'm not quite sure where she is at with things right now. She told me she was going to talk with the pregnancy counselor... I just hope she is. I don't really want to bug her too much, if she needs space and time to think she really won't want me emailing all the time. Brian and I are just moving forward with things like normal. If things are meant to be, it will all come together somehow.

August 20th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Aww! Well im praying for you guys! In God's time we will be mothers..its just soo hard to wait..huh? Im sorry..i sure hope it does work out..she is soo young and not ready to make decisions! My sister is 20 and still thinks having a baby is all about playing with them and dressing them up..i sure hope she makes the right choice..i think when you do get your baby you will be such a good mother! HUGS!

August 23rd, 2010, 05:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Jessie! That's an awesome update!!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about your first placement!

August 23rd, 2010, 10:17 AM
Well, my DH is Army & he will be training out of state during the time of the classes & my social worker said we BOTH have to attend ALL the classes. The ones we wanted to attend start in Sept but since we can't, the next classes aren't until Spring :/
I'm excited to see how it turns out for you!!
August 23rd, 2010, 10:23 AM
Thanks Kari!!

Amber-Man that really sux!! Ya we both had to go to EVERY class together..we have to do everything together when it comes to training all this! I got lucky they had a saturday class cuz dh is in the air force and his shift changes all the time! So i understand what you mean by military! LOL! Well i hope time flies for you!

August 23rd, 2010, 01:31 PM
Yea, good luck with the whole thing!
August 23rd, 2010, 06:44 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
just wanted to offer a word of hope to you gals doing fos-adopt. my friend barbara was in her mid 40's, her DH was about the same. they found an agency in the san diego, ca area and signed up and did the classes. even before they were finished they got a call from their social worker about a special child living about 6 hours north of us. he needed an immediate foster home that met certain requirements and was free to adopt later. they were able to get him like the NEXT DAY!! and he is legally theirs now. they also adopted, through the same agency, a pair of b/g twins about two years later. my point was that her entire process from beginning to end was 6 months total the first time around and cost her an unbelievable $2000 for the first child.

hmm this makes me realize that i have not talked to her in ages -- i need to call her for an update.

~~terre~~
August 23rd, 2010, 07:54 PM
Aww..thanks for sharing your friends story!! We almost got a little boy but since they wanted him adopted NOW we didnt get him since we dont have the certification yet we were sad..but understood! Its crazy how fast it goes! I sure hope i end up like your friend!! Thanks again for sharing!

August 24th, 2010, 04:47 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie0505 View Post
Hey ladies!

I just posted in the adoption forum too..but my question is..

We have done our homestudy, inspection etc..now we are just waiting..our lisencing worker wouldnt give us a time frame so i was wondering if you have done adoption this way how long did it take you to hear anything? She said the hold up is the courts..i hate waiting..it sucks!!

TIA!
Jessie

*UPDATE*

So when we checked our mail..to our surprise there was a letter from the clerk of the courts!! We opened it and it said our application for adoption had been approved and we now have a case #!!! Our Liscensing worker just turned all the last minute stuff in last friday and just yesterday we go this!! We are soo excited! I called her and now she has to get her copy in and send the homestudy to the courts!! I cant believe its finally happening!! Woo hoo..we will be certified soon she said!! YAY!!
great news!!!!!!!!!!

Expecting Vivienne Monroe!
14dpo 311!
18dpo 2440!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search