Sister of the Week ~Lindsey~ (Aug 30 - Sept 3)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Our Sister of the Week this week is Lindsey (LindseyandJoeinAL)!!!

If you want to request specific pics from Lindsey (for Friday) please remember to have your requests in before Wednesday 9 PM. And please save all of your questions for Lindsey for Thursday. I appreciate all of the love and support we give each other on the board, let's keep it going strong!

Monday: Post an introduction about you, your family, your TTC story, etc... (it can be as long or as short as you would like).

Tuesday: Post 20 facts about yourself. (It's harder than you think! )

Wednesday: Share pictures of yourself, your family, etc. Try to save requested pics for Friday. Get creative ladies! (Also, remember to keep these appropriate for the board.)

Thursday: Answer any questions the ladies might have for you. Please save all questions for this day ladies!

Friday: Pick at least 10 pics that other members request from you. These will probably be things you might not think to post yourself. All pic requests must be submitted by Wednesday 9 PM of your week, that way you have Wed - Fri to get them taken, uploaded and posted. Even if you get more than 10 requests....you can pick the 10 you would like to share, or share more than 10. It's up to you!

Most importantly.... HAVE FUN!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

August 29th, 2010, 08:20 PM
LindseyandJoeinAL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Monday: Post an introduction about you, your family, your TTC story, etc...

I'm so excited to be number 1! I guess I'll just go ahead and do my SOTW duties before I get my BFP this month!

This week is crazy hectic/exciting/scary for me. My last day with the Girl Scouts was last Wednesday and my first day in financial sales is tomorrow. I'll be working in outside sales with a large international bank that covers 90% of all infertility. (in case I haven't mentioned that fact 50 times in previous posts, I thought I would add it one more time.) This is a major change for me, but I have openly shared with family and friends that I would dig ditches if it paid for infertility. I'm pretty excited and spent all day studying my new materials.

Now on to the good stuff: why am I here? Why am I infertile? I've openly accepted the fact that I am officially, medically infertile. DH and I have been TTC for 15 months with no success. Here's the breakdown:

June - Sept 2009.: lots of BD'ing, a good bit of stressing
Sept 2009: started charting, using OPKs, got CD 21 progesterone test with result of 11. All OPKs were positive with big smiley faces and charts showed clear O patterns.
Nov. 2009: DH had SA with 221 million count, 83% motility and 3% normal morphology (Urologist and RE both said these numbers are awesome and not to worry about the low morphology because the other two numbers are so high)
Dec 2009: started 50 mg clomid on new year's eve! Progesterone: 12
Jan 2010: 100 mg clomid (no progesterone check because I figured if I wasn't pregnant it didn't matter what it was)
April 2010: lap surgery yielded mild, stage 2 endo which RE was able to clear. Tubes were also clear, hooray!
May 2010 - present: lots of BD'ing, less stressing and mostly calm about the whole TTC thing. I've accepted that we will need MA to get pregnant and I'm ok with that.

This is our last month to get pregnant naturally and we start injectable IUI in a few weeks. I'm eerily calm and happy about MA. I'm actually quite excited about it!

A little more about me: I've always wavered between being confident I could get pregnant easily (mamma got pregnant the 1st month with my sister and me. Sister got pregnant 1st month with both of her babies) and having an uneasy feeling it would be very difficult. The latter suspicion proved correct. DH Joe and I got married in May 2009 and were so excited to TTC. We were both older and knew it was best to get started asap. I've run the gamut of emotions from curled in a ball sobbing in the closet to not batting an eye when AF arrived. Infertility has definitely proven to be the most difficult, sad, heartbreaking, depressing thing that I've ever faced. I guess I've been very blessed/lucky my whole life. I've worked hard and been successful in all my personal and professional goals. This is the first thing that is completely out of my control and it sucks, quite frankly.

DH and I have a wonderful life and we're very happy. We certainly argue our fair share, but it's always over silly things like me leaving the refrigerator door open while pouring a glass of milk. Or I get mad at him for forgetting a conversation. DH is VERY cheap and I am mostly moderate with my spending, so we've fussed about that a good bit too. We're both coming around and meeting in the middle, so that's nice.

Time to brag: We're debt free except our house...yahoo! We do lots of vacationing, whether it's a weekend at the beach, New Orleans for a few days or scuba diving for a week. I'm a pretty good cook and love to spoil DH with his favorite southern dishes. (nothing fried though, despite southerners' reputation for eating unhealthy!)
I'm an excellent water skier/wake boarder and have been doing it since I was 6 years old. (My daddy was a professional when he was younger) My mamma is so pretty and sweet and I hope I look just like her when I'm 62. I'm an awesome gardner and had the prettiest flower garden ever this year! Finally, I have the most beautiful, wonderful two kitties on the face of the earth! Lu and Hannah are my angels!

My weaknesses: I struggle constantly with my weight. I've got lots of fat genes in the family and have to work out and watch what I eat. I'm very demanding of people and expect them to give 100% all the time. I tend to get lazy sometimes and neglect chores, but that doesn't last long. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I don't like the way I look without makeup.

I guess that's all for now. Sorry I went so long, I hope I didn't bore you to tears. Have a great week and I'm happy to answer your questions and share fun pictures.

Cheers!
TTC baby #2

lap surgery Apr 2010 stage 2 endo removed
IVF #1 BFN 11/2010
IVF #2 BFP! 12/2010
Wonderful, sweet daughter Khloe born August 2011
FET #1 - Oct 2012 BFN
FET #2 - Dec 2012 BFN
2nd lap surgery Dec 2012 stage 1 endo removed
IUI Apr 2013 cancelled due to producing 10 mature follicles
IUI June 2013 BFN
IVF #3 Sept 2013 BFN
IVF #4 Nov 2013 BFP! on 8dp3dt
Expecting boy/girl twins 8/1/14

August 29th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
You seem like a doll!
August 30th, 2010, 04:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Great intro Lindsey!!!!! You set the bar high Can't wait for question day... I already got some!

August 30th, 2010, 05:52 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Awesome reading your story! Its so great to get to know you better

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 30th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Veteran
Loved reading your story! I've also got tons of questions rolling around for you. Neat that you visit New Orleans often. It's where I live:-)
August 30th, 2010, 11:51 AM
eccomi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie831 View Post
You seem like a doll!
she is a doll, i can confirm! lindsey and i have spent LOTS of time together on the TTC board so i can totally verify the authenticity of my statement. heeheehee.

lindsey you totally surprised me with the wakeboarding thing! i knew that you scuba but wakeboarding, too? pretty impressive.

cycles 1-16: TTC naturally, all BFNs
cycle 17 & 18: not TTC (due to diagnostic tests)
october 14: RE appt with follow-up hysteroscopy + saline sonogram... TUBES ARE CLEAR!
cycle 19, 20 & 21: natural TTC cycles = BFNs
cycle 22: another natural cycle, but preparing for our first IUI with injectables for cycle 23! FINALLY!!!
FEBRUARY 10th... our very first when we least expected it!!!

october 26th... our little miracle arrived via c-section at 12:19pm weighing 3.920 kilos! we are in love.
August 30th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Veteran
. Great intro!!

3 beautiful in heaven

6/08 miscarriage 7 weeks
10/08 ectopic- surgery saved tube
5/09 ectopic pregnancy

4/10 IUI w/ inj. #1 Menopur BFN
6/10 IUI w/ inj. #2 300 Follistrim BFN
7/10 IUI w/ inj. #3 300 Follistrim BFN
8/4/10 IUI w/ inj. #4 300 Follistrim BFN
8/30/10 IUI w/inj. #5 300 Follistrim and 300 Gonal-F BFN
10/2011- successful lap to remove mild endometriosis
11/5/11-IUI w/ inj. #6 300 Menopur BFN
11/11-Femara w/ IUI #7 STILL WAITING!!
August 30th, 2010, 03:59 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Loved it!
Your life seems very fun & exciting!
Thanks for sharing!!
August 30th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Awwwww! Ya'll are SO SWEET! And thank you Amy for authenticating my doll-ness! I don't think I've ever been called that and I kinda like it a lot!

If ya'll don't mind, I'm going to go ahead with my 20 facts tonight. I had a long day on my first day at my new job. I'll say this, although it is miles from my dream job, it doesn't totally suck. I can't wait to tell my future child the lengths I went to to conceive him/her.

1. I love to look at jobs. All my friends ask me to help them find a job and I love the research, consideration and matching of the whole process. I've always thought I would be a great career coach/recruiter.
2. My favorite two foods are lobster and filet mignon. DH thought I was snobby when we first met, but the way I see it, steak has tons of fat. If I'm going to ingest (waste) all those calories and fat, I'm going for the best! Since we can't afford the best all the time, we only eat steak once a month = less fat and calories.
3. I'm an extraordinary debater and I hate to lose an argument. (see defensive statement above)
4. I have the whitest, palest skin on the planet. This is the one thing I have always been extremely self conscious about. I buy spray tanner by the case. My favorite is Loreal sublime bronze aerosol spray.
5. I like me and most people better after two glasses of red wine. Ahhhh....I love MacMurray Pinot Noir. I'll miss wine most when I get pregnant.
6. I am addicted to All My Children and One Life to Live. I've been watching them since I was 9 years old. I record them on my DVR and watch them at night before I go to sleep.
7. I LOVE my family. My mamma, sister and Aunt Doe are my bestest friends. We all do everything together and have lots of cookouts. DH always asks who's coming and I always answer, the usual.
8. I have been epilating my legs for two years now and it's the BEST thing that I've discovered. I only have to do it once every 7-10 days and my legs have never been smoother. It hurt like hell the first few times, but now I'm used to it.
9. I think I have really cute feet and toes. I do my own pedicures every week and make sure my piggies look perfect at all times.
10. I have the flattest booty EVER. When I was in high school I used to wear spandex biker shorts with shoulder pads on each butt cheek under my blue jeans. It made my rear look ROCKIN'! I see those commercials for Booty Pop and it kills me that I didn't market that idea years ago!
11. I love being a prissy girlie girl and then getting dirty in my garden, camping in a tent, fishing and all the fun stuff people are surprised to learn that I enjoy.
12. Yellow and coral are my two favorite colors.
13. I could play online backgammon for hours. DH thinks it's weird/creepy/stupid that I can literally sit in front of my computer and play a game with strangers. Sometimes he has to force me to step away from the backgammon.
14. I love trashy romance novels. I think it's funny when I'm in a public place reading a raunchy scene in a book and no one knows.
15. I still pick my nose. I can't stand to have a booger in there and am one of those gross people who pick it in the car while driving. I always wipe it on a tissue and use hand sanitizer, but I just can't help myself!!
16. I have been wearing the same color lipstick since I was 13 years old. Merle Norman lip pencil plus, coral rust.
17. I LOVE my Joe and am so blessed to have found a man that I am still head over heels in love with. Sometimes I look over at him and just get all giggly and warm inside thinking of how handsome and sweet he is.
18. I make the most beautiful bows. The big ones that go on wreaths and your fanciest/most favorite Christmas present. I started a bow making business last year, but ended up not making any money because I felt guilty charging my friends and family for doing something I love.
19. TTC has made me much stronger in my faith and closer to God. That might seem strange, but it has made my struggles much easier to manage. I highly encourage prayer!
20. I would eat french fries every meal, every day for the rest of my life if they weren't so fattening. Sigh......I've never met a french fry I didn't like. Even those greasy, floppy ones. My favorite is McDonalds and Checkers. And Chic Fil A. And Krystle.
TTC baby #2

IVF #1 BFN 11/2010
IVF #2 BFP! 12/2010
FET #1 - Oct 2012 BFN
FET #2 - Dec 2012 BFN
IUI June 2013 BFN
IVF #3 Sept 2013 BFN

August 30th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Aww! that was a wonderful intro!! Nice to know a bit more about you!

As for your facts, i can relate to quite a few! Im very pale, have lots of fat genes in the family (i cant miss a day of working out..lol) i have 2 soap operas i absoultely love!! I could go on and on..hehe!!

Anywho..again its nice to gtky!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
August 30th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
Loved reading your facts! I like myself and others a bit better too after a couple glasses o' vino.
August 31st, 2010, 12:45 AM
thanks for making me smile first thing this morning lindsey! i loved reading your facts...

october 14: RE appt with follow-up hysteroscopy + saline sonogram... TUBES ARE CLEAR!
cycle 22: another natural cycle, but preparing for our first IUI with injectables for cycle 23! FINALLY!!!

october 26th... our little miracle arrived via c-section at 12:19pm weighing 3.920 kilos! we are in love.
August 31st, 2010, 04:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Your facts are awesome....

I have to a few of them: 4, 11, 15 ( ) and 19.

August 31st, 2010, 10:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
LINDSEY:
You crack me up I can totally "get" your personality just by reading your posts & you sound just amazing !! A lot of what you talk about with your relationship & your DH completely remind me of my relationship with my DH !
PS- one of our very favorite w/e get-away spots is also going to NOLA, love, love, love it there! we try to go every couple of months since we live about 3hrs away from there

August 31st, 2010, 03:46 PM
I'm so glad ya'll enjoyed reading about little ole me! Jennifer, I've always thought you were pretty cool too and felt certain that we'd be great friends in real life. Ya'll are all my special sisters and I'm so blessed to have met you all.

((((lots and lots of hugs!!)))))
TTC baby #2

IVF #1 BFN 11/2010
IVF #2 BFP! 12/2010
FET #1 - Oct 2012 BFN
FET #2 - Dec 2012 BFN
IUI June 2013 BFN
IVF #3 Sept 2013 BFN

August 31st, 2010, 03:57 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOVED reading your facts....You are so funny!
Thanks for sharing!
August 31st, 2010, 08:02 PM
OK ladies....I'm gonna post some pics tonight. I've scrounged around for my absolute favorites where I looked my best or are the most entertaining.

this is my absolute favorite picture of me ever. I was about 20 years old here.
[IMG][/IMG]

In case ya'll didn't *really* believe I can wakeboard
[IMG][/IMG]

Joe and me before the Santa Claus Society ball. (silly I know!)
[IMG][/IMG]

Camping at the beach
[IMG][/IMG]

I wasn't sure if I should share this one or not....but Joe commissioned an artist to paint a boudoir picture of me for my birthday. I love it and it's on the wall in our bedroom.
[IMG][/IMG]

My bachelorette party at the beach last year. Nice combo of flower hat and muscle shirt.
[IMG][/IMG]

I guess that's all for now. See ya'll tomorrow!
TTC baby #2

IVF #1 BFN 11/2010
IVF #2 BFP! 12/2010
FET #1 - Oct 2012 BFN
FET #2 - Dec 2012 BFN
IUI June 2013 BFN
IVF #3 Sept 2013 BFN

Last edited by LindseyandJoeinAL; August 31st, 2010 at 08:05 PM.
September 1st, 2010, 04:26 AM
cute pics lindsey!

here are my photo requests:

an object that has sentimental value for you
&
something that you see every day (dh & pets excluded ) that makes you smile

September 1st, 2010, 04:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Loved the pics Lindsey! Especially the painting... what a cool idea!

Pic Request for Friday:
1. Inside of your fridge.
2. Your fur-babies.
3. A pic of you and Dh when you were babies/kids.
4. Where you talk to us from.

I'll post my questions for tomorrow later tonight!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search