My Official upate... and A PIC!!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 10th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
OK... so I thought I would give you guys the low-down on how things went yesterday. It was pretty amazing to say the least. I woke up with a smile on my face and it was plastered there for the rest of the day! (Warning, this get's kinda long.... )

I showed up and was really nervous all over again, but the second we hugged all of that melted away again. She is just so sweet! The place were were going to is the SAME place I went for most of my monitoring u/s while were were doing MA. We went up to the imagine office and as we were walking there, all of the memories I have of that place came flooding back. I told her while we were on our way that the only memories I have of this office are negative ones. I went there for almost three years hoping that one of those cycles would just WORK. I told her how I felt sitting in a waiting room FULL of pregnant women and couples all excitedly waiting for their turn to see their babies... and then there was me walking out with tears in my eyes month after month. She grabbed my hand and said, "Let's make some new memories"....

So, we got called in pretty quick and got right down to business. I thought for SURE that I would cry as SOON as I saw those images on the screen but I was just SO engrossed in seeing every single detail. I asked SOOO many questions and wanted to know what it all was. As I said before, she was pretty stubborn. She was head down, and face down to the table, so it made it REALLY hard to get any decent face pics, but I really didn't care... I was looking at her legs and feet and BIG belly... it was all A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! The tech even said at one point, we'll sorry this wasn't a great appointment, we didn't get very many good shots. And I blurted out, "Are you kidding, I could sit her all day and stare at that screen!". Everyone laughed at me...

Everything seemed to go great, she goes back today for her actual check up with the DR. There seemed to be enough amniotic fluid and her placenta looked good too, or so the Tech told us. We'll get full details later today.

So then we were done and leaving, I was still beaming from ear to ear. We talked about when we'll get to meet up with our social workers and she said she was going to get me copies of the other u/s pics as soon as she found them. And then, she handed me the pics that we just got... and said "Here... you should have these. Just make a copy for me, but you need something to remind you that there is a little girl waiting for you. And your mom and friends will definitely want to see this too!". I gave her the biggest hug ever and just felt SO blessed to have this wonderful person brought into my life. What a true blessing it is!

So, I didn't cry the whole time we were in there, but as soon as I got in my car to head back to work, I looked at the pic one more time and the flood gates opened. I was sitting there just thinking and wondering what she will be like, what she'll want to be when she grows up, what she'll look like, everything all came flooding into my head at once.

So the two pics we did get were of her head and chest - but it's very blurry so I didn't try to get a pic of a pic of that one.... and the other is her head and KINDA a profile shot... with her hair - and there is LOTS of it!!!

Here's the first picture that I have of our future daughter....

It's kinda blurry because it's a picture of the picture and it's not the greatest profile shot because she was hiding everything from us... but the arrow is pointing to all the HAIR she has on her little head already! I can't wait to meet her and hold her and love her!

Who am I kidding... I'm in love already!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

September 10th, 2010, 05:56 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kari! This made me cry tears of joy with you!!!! How wonderful that you got to see her. And I can tell from her profile, she's gorgeous!!!!

September 10th, 2010, 06:17 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kari - I am so happy for you! She is beautiful and you are going to be an awesome mommy! You deserve this beyond words.

Get shopping with some pink stuff

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

September 10th, 2010, 06:21 AM
LindseyandJoeinAL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Amazing is just the perfect word to describe all of this!! You are so blessed and I am thrilled for you Kari!
TTC baby #2

lap surgery Apr 2010 stage 2 endo removed
IVF #1 BFN 11/2010
IVF #2 BFP! 12/2010
Wonderful, sweet daughter Khloe born August 2011
FET #1 - Oct 2012 BFN
FET #2 - Dec 2012 BFN
2nd lap surgery Dec 2012 stage 1 endo removed
IUI Apr 2013 cancelled due to producing 10 mature follicles
IUI June 2013 BFN
IVF #3 Sept 2013 BFN
IVF #4 Nov 2013 BFP! on 8dp3dt
Expecting boy/girl twins 8/1/14

September 10th, 2010, 06:23 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Oh Kari I am SO happy for you!!!
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
September 10th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so incredibly thrilled for you Kari! I am beyond words. Thank you so much for sharing pictures of your beautiful daughter with us.

September 10th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Super Mommy
What a wonderful appointment! I am so glad that you are getting to share these memories with her! Look at all of that hair that your daughter has!!

3 failed fresh IVFs, 1 failed FET
Surprise BFP in 12/10 after acupuncture & herbs!!
1 beautiful, perfect daughterl!

September 10th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Jenn in DC's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow! I am so happy for you!

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #13 - 15= IUIs with Clomid & Gonal F - All BFNs
Cycle #16 -21 - Natural Cycles, started acupuncture and chinese herbs - BFN
Cycle #22 - IVF Clinical Trial. Cycle Cancelled.
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
Cycle #26 Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage
Cycle #27 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!!
Due Date: July 20th
Aven Robert Born on August 4th
September 10th, 2010, 06:36 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh man...the tears are just pouring for you kari!!!!! I loved reading this post. She sounds like an amazing young woman..so kind!!!!

and OMG talk about hair!!!! Bryar had a full head of hair when he was born but it looked NOTHING like that on u/s!!! She is going to be such a beautiful baby.

congrats sweetie, enjoy every minute of it!!!

September 10th, 2010, 06:46 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This made me cry! Happy tears!!!
I am SO happy for you & excited that your time has finally come!
You deserve this SO much & it makes my heart happy to be able to watch it unfold for you.
She is just beautiful & I LOVE al that hair!!
Can't WAIT to see pictures of her in real life!!!
September 10th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Veteran
Congrats Kari!!! As everyone else said...the tears are flowing reading your post!!! What a wonderful woman she is to give you such a precious gift and to be so open with you right from the start is amazing!
I am excited for you!!!

September 10th, 2010, 07:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
beautiful! just wanted to warn you not to photo copy the picture. She said making a copy for her so I figured I'd let you know if you don't already know that ultrasound paper can't be photo copied.

you'd have to scan and re print or take a picture of a picture and give her that.
September 10th, 2010, 07:14 AM
eccomi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

i'm over the moon for you kari.

cycles 1-16: TTC naturally, all BFNs
cycle 17 & 18: not TTC (due to diagnostic tests)
october 14: RE appt with follow-up hysteroscopy + saline sonogram... TUBES ARE CLEAR!
cycle 19, 20 & 21: natural TTC cycles = BFNs
cycle 22: another natural cycle, but preparing for our first IUI with injectables for cycle 23! FINALLY!!!
FEBRUARY 10th... our very first when we least expected it!!!

october 26th... our little miracle arrived via c-section at 12:19pm weighing 3.920 kilos! we are in love.
September 10th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
This post is just wonderful!!

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
September 10th, 2010, 07:26 AM
hollann1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is so amazing and wonderful. i am so happy for you and brian

** Thank you Oona for the awesome siggy**
September 10th, 2010, 07:34 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am just so absolutely thrilled for you, Kari. I'm at a loss for words...

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

September 10th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Super Mommy
Kari this made me cry happy tears

September 10th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
That is sooo amazing Kari..and WOW there is a TON of hair! I cant wait to see new pics and you finally get to meet her! Im soo happy for you!! You so deserve to be a mommy and i think you will be a wonderful one at that! Soo beautiful..thanks for sharing!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
September 10th, 2010, 07:53 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Lots of happy tears for you, Kari. This little girl will be so lucky to have you

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

September 10th, 2010, 08:19 AM
~Landon's Mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This also made me cry happy tears! SO SO happy to see YOUR daughter! Amazing...

Little brother!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search