Saw the doctor today..

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 10th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
Well, ladies. I went to see my doctor. He explained to me that the blood results from Aug 30th (Clomid Day 20) came back with low progesterone levels, meaning despite what he saw on the ultrasound I had not just yet ovulated. He said it all looked good on the screen but "our bodies are going to do what our bodies are going to do." He said it is very likely that with what he saw that I ovulated later than day 20. Which is good and bad. Because husb and I BDed on Clomid Day 19 and then 23-25 because he was in the field days between. Dr says if I don't get my period within 5 days, to test one more time because since I ovulated late it could still be too early, and if it's negative start the Provera and then the Clomid. He said he doesn't really have answers for the symptoms as they are not supposed to come from Clomid after Clomid is already out of my system (which is soon because it is metabolized very quickly).. he did say the chance that I am pregnant from intercourse on Day 19 is probable and to keep an eye on everything. I feel sooo much better talking to him. And I guess I am back in the waiting game, which makes me happy. Hmmmmm.....we'll see in 5 days I suppose.
September 10th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
OOH!! C'mon eggie!! I sure hope you did o late..and it was too early!! Remember there are lots of girls who o late and get that bfp!! Here is some bfp

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
September 10th, 2010, 12:53 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay!!
You're still in the game! Whoo-hoo!
Keeping my fingers crosed for you!!
September 10th, 2010, 12:54 PM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
Oh yay! glad you got some reassurance! Good luck and I hope you get your BFP here soon within the next few days!

September 10th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
Gosh, you girls are the best. I really hope we all get our chance here soon to do what we all know we are here to do- be amazing mommies.. There are so many women who get BFP's and aren't ready for them or who don't really want them. It's our turn to have our babies, read them bed time stories, sing them lullabyes, and protect them from whatever we can!! I am so ready to hear bfp's from all of us!!
September 10th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well it sure sounds like you need to have better monitoring done for your next cycle... if there is another one. I'm a little confused about why your DR didn't know if you had ovulated yet. Did you do an u/s earlier than that or was that your first one? And why did he wait so long for the first one...

Anyway, I would definitely think about asking for u/s on CD 3 to check for any cyst from the clomid BEFORE starting the clomid. Then again around CD 10 to see where your follies are at and start using OPK's to make sure you catch your surge for ovulation. Of course, using a trigger would really nail down the time of ovulation for you too. Also, you should go in for b/w around 7dpo but you don't need to have an u/s done at that time, just need to see if your progesterone is high enough to indicate ovulation during a medicated cycle (typically they want it higher than 15-20 for that). Then of course, you can start POAS around 7 days after that!

That's my

My fingers are crossed that you won't have to worry about it all though... a bfp would sure be nice!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

September 10th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
Thank you for the advice!! Yes, he did one before the Clomid, and then one at day 20.. I have heard that they are also to be done sooner than that, but I think things were just confusing at lack of communication. He said that he was 100% sure that I had ovulated when he looked at the ultra sound but that the progesterone levels indicated otherwise. Soooo...he said "but your body is going to do what your body is going to do".. ? This is my first cycle on Clomid, so.... not sure exactly what needs to be done. I know seeing a dr, I should know those things- Ijust think maybe I misunderstood when I was supposed to go back in, or the nurse in the front didn't schedule me like she was supposed to or what. I don't know.. I was confused this whole month pretty much about what was supposed to be happening. Which led to a lot of phone calls made to the dr office and me feeling like a pain in the ***. :-/
September 10th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, write down my little when-to list and bring it with to your next appointment... if you need one! But I hope you don't!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

September 11th, 2010, 03:41 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds promising. GL!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
September 11th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
Kari- I will!! Thank you!
~InHisHands~...Thank you so much!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search