IUI help :)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2010, 05:28 AM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH and I will be doing our first Clomid and IUI next cycle We're dealing with PCOS and male factor (the only good numbers he has are for vitality, everything else is in the poor to fair range )

So, on CD1 I'm to call and book 3 days of IUI's based on when I think I might O. Last time I took Clomid on CDs 3-7 I O'd on CD 15. So, if I get a - OPK, I cancel my appt for the next day. As soon as I get a + OPK I go in the next morning. Right now I use Wondfo OPK's and tend to O the same day as my +, I did some searching in FF and found that a lot of women got IUI the day after their + OPK and their thermal shift and still got pregnant, I'm wondering what would be best for us dealing with male factor?

As per their request, I did buy some Clearblue OPK's, but not digital, what is the most sensitive? I will still use my Wondfo and have been using them for over a year so I'm very clear on what's + and what isn't, I just don't want to miss my egg. I guess we're always taught with charting that after your thermal shift is too late, yet, like I said with the IUI I saw lots of BFP charts!

The other hard part is they are not open on Saturday's So, if I don't get my + until Friday afternoon, I have to wait until Sunday which I think would be too late right?

Any advice you can give would be great! This is stressful for us because DH works crazy shift work and gets sent out of town but only gets 2 hours notice, so if he's not home in time, we're hooped. Guess I can ask about freezing his sperm, is the quality the same as fresh?

TIA!

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 11th, 2010, 08:18 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am doing my first IUI in OCT/NOV, so I don't have any advice for you.
I just wanted to pop in & let you know that I am thinking happy thoughts for you!
I really hope this month is YOUR month!
Fingers crossed for you, girl!!
September 11th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Are they going to be monitoring you with u/s or b/w? If not, maybe you can ask if they can start testing your blood so they can detect the LH surge in advance? That's how my place did it and I found it much more resassuring then relying on OPKs alone. Best of luck!!

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!
September 11th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarngirl View Post
Are they going to be monitoring you with u/s or b/w? If not, maybe you can ask if they can start testing your blood so they can detect the LH surge in advance? That's how my place did it and I found it much more resassuring then relying on OPKs alone. Best of luck!!
Hey Addie, they won't be monitoring me, at least not for the first cycle. We're to try 4 months of IUI then go back and see, they didn't even order any CD21 b/w or anything, I think because when I did Clomid before they know my progesterone was good. The only reason he said to call them any earlier is if my cycles were too long, like 32 + days then they'd want to see me before the 4 months were up.

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 11th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Tammy I would use ICs every day after AF. Twice a day in fact. Once I started to see the second line I also added another type of OPK. I would also O the same day as a + OPK so I actually called the clinic just before the OPK was a +. I know that your cycles aren't as consistent as mine were though so I'm not sure what to tell you.

Good luck!
September 11th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDD View Post
Tammy I would use ICs every day after AF. Twice a day in fact. Once I started to see the second line I also added another type of OPK. I would also O the same day as a + OPK so I actually called the clinic just before the OPK was a +. I know that your cycles aren't as consistent as mine were though so I'm not sure what to tell you.

Good luck!
I'm glad you said you did this Kim, I was thinking of doing this because my Wondfo's always go so close to + the day before they go + and I was thinking of going the next morning, knowing that I'd have IUI the same morning as my +'s. I think I'll try that too

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 11th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to wish you lots of luck Tammy !!! We're gonna need to start an IUI thread for everyone doing this, sounds like there will be a handful of us
September 12th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wanted to wish you lots of luck Tammy! All of my IUI's were heavily monitored, so I'm not help to you on the OPK front. I think I would just do what I know I'm comfortable with, you know your body best!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

September 12th, 2010, 08:57 AM
jesridge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
IuiI just had my first IUI this cycle and used ICs and digital OPKs. The doc had me call the day it turned positive and scheduled the IUI for the next day. I basically got it done 24 hours later. I'll let toy know if that timing worked for me. I'm sure it's different for everyone, but we are dealing with somewhat similar issues so who knows...

Born 12/30/11 and absolutely perfect!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search