Sister of the Week ~Tabby~ (Sept 13-17th)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Our Sister of the Week this week is Tabby (tabbymichelle)!!!

If you want to request specific pics from Tabby (for Friday) please remember to have your requests in before Wednesday 9 PM. And please save all of your questions for Tabby for Thursday. I appreciate all of the love and support we give each other on the board, let's keep it going strong!

Monday: Post an introduction about you, your family, your TTC story, etc... (it can be as long or as short as you would like).

Tuesday: Post 20 facts about yourself. (It's harder than you think! )

Wednesday: Share pictures of yourself, your family, etc. Try to save requested pics for Friday. Get creative ladies! (Also, remember to keep these appropriate for the board.)

Thursday: Answer any questions the ladies might have for you. Please save all questions for this day ladies!

Friday: Pick at least 10 pics that other members request from you. These will probably be things you might not think to post yourself. All pic requests must be submitted by Wednesday 9 PM of your week, that way you have Wed - Fri to get them taken, uploaded and posted. Even if you get more than 10 requests....you can pick the 10 you would like to share, or share more than 10. It's up to you!

Most importantly.... HAVE FUN!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

September 14th, 2010, 09:56 AM
eccomi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
where's tabby? can't wait to see her posts!

cycles 1-16: TTC naturally, all BFNs
cycle 17 & 18: not TTC (due to diagnostic tests)
october 14: RE appt with follow-up hysteroscopy + saline sonogram... TUBES ARE CLEAR!
cycle 19, 20 & 21: natural TTC cycles = BFNs
cycle 22: another natural cycle, but preparing for our first IUI with injectables for cycle 23! FINALLY!!!
FEBRUARY 10th... our very first when we least expected it!!!

october 26th... our little miracle arrived via c-section at 12:19pm weighing 3.920 kilos! we are in love.
September 14th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Tabby???? where are you? Maybe she is busy with school..i think she posted a little while ago they were taking a break..i could be wrong though..not sure!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
September 14th, 2010, 04:22 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
can't wait to hear her intro!!
September 14th, 2010, 05:06 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Me either!!
September 14th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I sent her a message on Sunday and she said she was excited. I'll have to hunt her down on FB!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

September 15th, 2010, 05:32 AM
LindseyandJoeinAL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yoooo hooooo??? Tabby???? Come on out!
TTC baby #2

lap surgery Apr 2010 stage 2 endo removed
IVF #1 BFN 11/2010
IVF #2 BFP! 12/2010
Wonderful, sweet daughter Khloe born August 2011
FET #1 - Oct 2012 BFN
FET #2 - Dec 2012 BFN
2nd lap surgery Dec 2012 stage 1 endo removed
IUI Apr 2013 cancelled due to producing 10 mature follicles
IUI June 2013 BFN
IVF #3 Sept 2013 BFN
IVF #4 Nov 2013 BFP! on 8dp3dt
Expecting boy/girl twins 8/1/14

September 15th, 2010, 08:01 PM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
Hey Ladies! Sorry this is a little late! This week has been INSANE at school! I feel like I am on autopilot and I can't stop. I seriously couldn't wait for this day to end because I felt like I was smothering!

Of course you know I am Tabby =) I was born Tabitha Michelle Liles in a small river town in Southern, Ohio(Portsmouth, Ohio.) I have lived in the Scioto County area for my entire life and currently reside in a place called West Portsmouth, Ohio. I was born on March 26, 1982 and have 1 younger sibling, a brother, name Jared. He was born in December of 1984 and I was thrilled to be a sister. We have had our ups and downs as siblings do but we have always been and still are pretty close.

I graduated High School in 2000 from Green High School in Franklin Furnace, Ohio. We had a very small class. I believe there was 48. I attended Green from Kindergarten until the end of my Freshman year and then was homeschooled my Sophomore and Junior years. I returned my Senior year and graduated in May of 2000.

My Parents were married for almost 26 years but divorced 2 years ago. It was a very rough thing on our family and I admire my mom for the strength she had to get through it. It took me some time to even get around to talking to my father and I still have a hard time with the reasons he left and at first I hated him for it but have come to terms with the fact that he's still my dad and I love him.

My husband, Ryan and I met at the end of June in 2002. Technically we met in 2001 on a local based chat room on the chat program mIRC. We talked on a pretty regular basis and discovered that I knew almost his entire family from church. We started dating on July 19, 2002. he proposed on Christmas Eve that same year and I became Mrs. Lore on April 17, 2004. We decided right away to try for a baby because we had talked about it a lot during our long engagement. I never imagined it would take so long.

In June of 2006 I miscarried our first at just over 6 weeks. I had no idea that I was even pregnant because my cycles were pretty messed up at the time. I guess you could blame PCOS for that. Shortly after, I went to a new OB because mine had recently retired. This doctor treated me like trash and misdiagnosed me with a tumor. I made an appointment with my current OB and he found nothing. He had me start charting and so I did. After 3 months he said that I was not ovulating and put me on 50mg of clomid. On my second round of clomid 50mg he said that it wasn't strong enough and that the egg quality wasn't as good as he would like so he upped it to 100mg, I had a very, very faint bfp and I ended up having a chemical pregnancy.

After that my OB referred me to my RE but we didn't get to go for nearly 2 years because Ryan was in and out of lay offs and we had no insurance. On January of this year I went to my first RE appointment and he checked me and said that my lining was very thick so he thought maybe it could be Adenomyosis but there's no real way of knowing without a hystorectomy, obviously that's not in the cards when TTC, so he asked me to take iron and baby aspirin. In April of this year, I started my first round of Clomid 150mg and I responded VERY well, my lining had even thinned like he wanted! My progesterone was in the 30s so I definitely had an ovulatory cycle, and a strong one. My second and third rounds were great too and my 3rd round even gave me a triphasic chart so I was almost sure I was pregnant but unfortunately wasn't. We did one last round and I don't think I O'd or it was super late so we missed it. Ryan's always out of town working so it's really hard to TTC with all of that. My RE is wanting me to have an HSG and then do more Clomid but since I am really stressed from school and with Ryan working out of town a lot, etc. We decided to take a break for a few cycles and I guess after 6 years of TTC it's well deserved! Sorry this got so long! There's just so much to talk about! If you have any questions just ask!

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

Last edited by tabbymichelle; September 15th, 2010 at 08:04 PM.
September 15th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
20 Facts About Me

1. I was a HUGE Transformers and He-Man and the Masters of the Universe fan when I was little. I busted my two front teeth out on the coffee table jumping off of the couch when I was 3 because of He-Man.

2. I learned to whistle without front teeth

3. I won the Scioto County Soil and Water Conservation poster contest in the 5th Grade and went to the County Competition.

4. I won the Spelling Bee at my school in 6th Grade.

5. I was a total band geek and will be for life!

6. I taught myself to crochet

7. I taught myself to play guitar

8. I scrapbook. Traditionally and Digitally

9. I went to a Bridal Expo before I was married and was asked to be on the news to discuss it.

10. I am very close to my family and my cousins are more like siblings.

11. I love any type of music but my favorite is classic rock.

12. I love The Doors and think that Jim Morrison was such a beautiful man.

13. I carried a tape player and used to sing and dance to Michael Jackson's Thriller album when I was 3.

14. I love to color.

15. I live to watch my Ohio State Buckeyes and Cincinnati Bengals play Football

16. I am horrible at Algebra

17. One of my family friends is the Scout for the Cincinnati Reds.

18. I have met and hung out with Jerry Only from the Misfits =)

19. I don't know what my original hair color is.

20. Photography is my Passion

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

Last edited by tabbymichelle; September 15th, 2010 at 08:19 PM.
September 15th, 2010, 08:35 PM

My Baby Photo..

My Brother and I

First Grade. I didn't get my 2 front teeth back until like 4th grade lol

Me, taken last month..

Ryan and I in the car this past Spring..

I took this with the timer on our Anniversary this year.

I'm an AUNT! April 10, 2009

Our Nephew, Owen, July 2010

Our Baby, Milo. She was a Jack Russell. She passed away in May from and unknown cause =(

Her sister from the same litter, Penny Sue. She's 5.

Our Cat, Otis. She's 6 years old and was recently diagnosed with Diabetes.

And just to show how strong family genes can be...

This is a photo of Ryan when he was little on the left and our nephew, Owen on the right..

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg

My Personal Links:

Last edited by tabbymichelle; September 15th, 2010 at 08:38 PM.
September 15th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Aww..Tabby..great intro!! Im horrible at algebra too! LOL! LOVE THE PICS!! Your doggie was too precious..sorry for her passing. And your nephew..to darling! Its nice to gtky!! thanks for sharing! Sweet pics of you and your hubby too!

September 16th, 2010, 11:05 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Love the pics and great to get to know you

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

September 16th, 2010, 11:51 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOVED it all!

Thanks for sharing your life with us!
You seem adorable!
September 16th, 2010, 01:14 PM
eccomi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAY! loved reading/seeing all about you. thanks for sharing tabby. <3

i, too, used to LOVE michael jackson and thriller and i had a tape player with the casette and i would carry it all over the house with me. i would tell people that michael jackson was my brother. heehee! and i loved he-man and masters of the universe (i had an older brother), too.

photo requests>

the inside of your fridge
your favorite room in your house
an object that is precious to you

ah! and i almost forgot my questions for you:

what's your major?

what do you want to be when you "grow up?"

what does your DH do?

who takes care of the pets, you or your DH?

cycles 1-16: TTC naturally, all BFNs
cycle 17 & 18: not TTC (due to diagnostic tests)
october 14: RE appt with follow-up hysteroscopy + saline sonogram... TUBES ARE CLEAR!
cycle 19, 20 & 21: natural TTC cycles = BFNs
cycle 22: another natural cycle, but preparing for our first IUI with injectables for cycle 23! FINALLY!!!
FEBRUARY 10th... our very first when we least expected it!!!

october 26th... our little miracle arrived via c-section at 12:19pm weighing 3.920 kilos! we are in love.
September 16th, 2010, 02:17 PM
forgot to say im sorry for your loss as well

September 16th, 2010, 02:39 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
loved reading about you too!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
September 16th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccomi View Post
YAY! loved reading/seeing all about you. thanks for sharing tabby. <3

i, too, used to LOVE michael jackson and thriller and i had a tape player with the casette and i would carry it all over the house with me. i would tell people that michael jackson was my brother. heehee! and i loved he-man and masters of the universe (i had an older brother), too.

photo requests>

the inside of your fridge
your favorite room in your house
an object that is precious to you

ah! and i almost forgot my questions for you:

haha that's too funny! I hardly meet girls who were into those things because most girls played with barbies. I was such a tomboy!

I will get the photos tomorrow! =)

what's your major? I am majoring in a Bachelor's in Fine Arts with a Concentration in Photography. And since I have to go outside of my concentration for my art core, I intend on doing Graphic Design with that.

what do you want to be when you "grow up?" Definitely a Photographer! I absolutely love it and Eat, Sleep and Breathe Photography. My Grandfather was an advanced amateur photographer and I grew up loving to see his photos. He also took lots of photos of me, my brother and cousin Kimberly. I am so very happy that I discovered that love and started to pursue it before he passed away. I started doing photography in 2005 and he passed away in 2007. Before he died he gave me several of his cameras. I cherish them so very much! 2 of them are still in working condition and I have used them a few times. On Christmas, my Grandmother gave me his old camera strap and I keep it on my camera. Every time I take photos I feel him right there next to me and I like to think that I make him proud!

what does your DH do? Ryan is working for an Industrial Service Company. They go into power plants and blast out what is called Fly Ash. It's produced by burning coal and is like cement inside the boilers. They blast it out with explosives and then power wash and use vac trucks and do all kinds of maintenance on the boilers. He is in the Apprenticeship program to be a Boiler Maker and he has about 3 years left in that program. Once he's done he will be a Journeyman Boiler Maker and will be in the Boiler Maker's Union which makes a pretty decent amount salary wise. And though he's gone a lot out of town, I am proud of him. He's a very hard worker!

who takes care of the pets, you or your DH? That's my job! They are our babies, but Mommy makes sure they're fed, watered, bathed and up to date on their vet visits. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyto4AngelBabies View Post
LOVED it all!

Thanks for sharing your life with us!
You seem adorable!
Thank you!! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie0505 View Post
forgot to say im sorry for your loss as well
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post
Love the pics and great to get to know you
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Melissa* View Post
loved reading about you too!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
Thanks!

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg

My Personal Links:

Last edited by tabbymichelle; September 16th, 2010 at 06:47 PM.
September 16th, 2010, 08:18 PM
LindseyandJoeinAL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for sharing your life with us Tabby! You just seem so sweet and just like one of my fellow "band geeks!" I was definitely a band geek too! I played the trumpet and loved my years in the marching band.

Pic requests:

Your favorite room in your house
Christmas pics!!!!
Your HS band picture
TTC baby #2

lap surgery Apr 2010 stage 2 endo removed
IVF #1 BFN 11/2010
IVF #2 BFP! 12/2010
Wonderful, sweet daughter Khloe born August 2011
FET #1 - Oct 2012 BFN
FET #2 - Dec 2012 BFN
2nd lap surgery Dec 2012 stage 1 endo removed
IUI Apr 2013 cancelled due to producing 10 mature follicles
IUI June 2013 BFN
IVF #3 Sept 2013 BFN
IVF #4 Nov 2013 BFP! on 8dp3dt
Expecting boy/girl twins 8/1/14

September 16th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
Loved reading and seeing all about you!! (the seeing all about you part kinda sounded creeperish..sorry) haha !! Nice to get to know you~
September 17th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyandJoeinAL View Post
Thank you for sharing your life with us Tabby! You just seem so sweet and just like one of my fellow "band geeks!" I was definitely a band geek too! I played the trumpet and loved my years in the marching band.

Pic requests:

Your favorite room in your house
Christmas pics!!!!
Your HS band picture
Oh good grief! Those are so embarrassing! I will have to fish it out! lol

I will get those others today =)

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg

My Personal Links:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search