starting IVF with ICSI and have Q's!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2010, 05:23 AM
*KittyCat*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi girls,

I posted on and off in here when i was on the waiting lsit, but we've reached the top and we are all systems go on the ICSI

We have our consultation appointment on 27th Sept, then they said they will want to scan me on day 21 of my next cycle. (that'll prob be around 19/20th Oct)

So, i wanted to join a cycle buddies group. Does the cycles buddies group begin the month you start the injections? Or do the egg retrival?

also, while i'm waiting, is there anything i can do to help my odds. I've started taking folic aicd, is there anything else? Aside from trying to relax! I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but for the first times in years, i feel like i have some hope.

September 13th, 2010, 05:41 AM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! I just tried to relax as much as possible. I also did accupuncture once a week and then once before they put the embies in and once after ( my RE's office offered accupunture same day as transfer so I used them, but had a private person for the once of week visit) . I have no clue if it helped. I did ICSI too so if you have any questions PM me!

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
September 13th, 2010, 06:02 AM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
I think staying positive and as little stress as possible make a HUGE difference. It is so hard to do I know, but it made the biggest difference in my outcomes.

As for the cycle buddies, you cycle begins when you start your period.

September 13th, 2010, 08:44 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I really didn't do anything special before IVF. I made sure my diet was super healthy, took my vitamins, and tried to relax as much as possible.

Claire is our IVF/ICSI baby...we were just gearing up for our first cycle this time last year. Feel free to ask any questions if you have them, and good luck!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

September 13th, 2010, 12:06 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck!
Sending lots of luck your way!
September 13th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
I did not do anything special before IVF either. Took my prenatals and folic acid and that was about all! GL!
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
September 13th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The only thing out of the ordinary that I did was download the Circle + Bloom mediation MP3. It definitely helped me to relax and to sleep.

Good luck to you!
September 13th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck with everything!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

September 14th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
Congrats on reaching the top of the list! I am pregnant right now with an FET/ICSI baby.
As for me I didnt do a whole lot to prepare for the cycle. I tried to eat as healthy as possible and get some exercise in without over doing it. I also took folic acid, a chewable flinstones multivitamin and baby asprin (81 mg.).

The biggest difference for me between my first (failed) cycle and my second (successful) cycle was the stress and relaxation. I know it will seem like the hardest thing to do but trying to keep your mind off of it and relaxing as much as possible helped me so much. I also did acupuncture the morning of my transfer simply for increased circulation and relaxation our second cycle and it was the best thing ever. I was so calm and stress free for the first time in MONTHS!! If you have any other questions dont be afraid to PM me as I am horrible about checking in often!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search