Bad Bloodwork Results...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2010, 09:05 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had some blood work done on Friday, and they called this morning with the results.

High TSH, so I have to have a thyroid panel done and start Synthroid if it remains elevated.

High prolactin, so I have to repeat that today, and if it's still high, I have to get an MRI to look for a pituitary tumor. Then I'd have to start bromocriptine to lower the prolactin. Although online a lot of sources say that hypothyroidism can cause high prolactin levels, so I'm not sure that the bromocriptine is really necessary right away. Anyone have experience with that?

And our Clomid cycle with monitoring is on hold until we know if I need the MRI. Since it's already CD2, and my RE starts clomid CD4 at the latest, if the blood work doesn't come back fast we will have to skip this cycle.

I know it's good that we found this stuff, but I am still pretty down about it.
September 13th, 2010, 09:33 AM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
Nicole:-( I am so sorry to hear you got bad news and I am bummed out for you!
I hope you get the results back quickly with better news so you don't have to skip your Clomid cycle. Good luck and KUP!

September 13th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awe, big hugs! My fingers are crossed for you that you get good blood results soon and won't have to skip this cycle.

September 13th, 2010, 10:43 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
HUGS!!! I'm sorry you might have to skip this cycle but I'm glad your finding out the problem now! And its something fixable!!! Stay hopeful lady I'm rooting for you!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

September 13th, 2010, 12:03 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Big hugs & lots of good luck for you this cycle!
September 13th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Have them repeat your TSH levels at another time during your cycle -- I had high TSH right before I did IVF and they threw me on synthroid. Guess what? Ovarian cysts can cause high TSH. I had a HUGE cyst. My levels were normal afterwords (I was concerned at first because thyrpid problems can cause miscarriage and problems with baby but i came off it and was fine and have been fine since)
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
September 13th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Aww..hun..im sorry..but hey you have some answers now! Now its just a matter of fixing it! I sure hope time flies and you get that bfp soon! hope youre feeling better soon!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
September 13th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Thanks, ladies

It means so much to have all of you pulling for me

I got my blood drawn today for the repeat, so I'm hoping to get the results tomorrow.
September 13th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you got the bad news, but I hope that with all the information you are able to get to the bottom of the all of this and start posting good news about stuff soon.

Please keep us posted on how things go and I'll be praying for a good report soon!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

September 15th, 2010, 05:02 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you have a thyroid issue you may need to skip TTC altogether till you get that fixed. Bad things could happen if not. I'm hypothyroid too & there is a Thyroid Disorders board you should check out here on JM if you have any quesitons. To be honest I've been slacking & haven't visited it in a while so you may have already posted there & I just haven't seen it. I HIGHLY recommend reading Living Well with Hypothyroidism by Mary J. Shomon. You will learn a lot. Thyroid problems are difficult at times.

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
September 15th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Thanks, Amanda. My second batch of results came back a little better (normal range but higher than the RE likes), and I am starting on the Synthroid. We did decide to TTC this cycle, but I think if my levels aren't down by next cycle when I get more bloodwork, I will really have to put it on hold. I'm hoping it's a quick adjustment.

I will definitely have to check out that board, though! I didn't know it existed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search