Pcos :(

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Jasonswife99's Avatar Super Mommy
It looks like I have PCOS Has anyone here been diagnosed with this? My RE said that it will not change our treatment plan (Femara, mid-cycle ultrasound, ovidrel, timed BD, prometrium). Is there anything I can do to increase our chances for a BFP?

Forever missing our angels...
April 25, 2010 & January 4, 2010
September 15th, 2010, 09:23 AM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
*hugs* Im sorry hon. On one hand its nice to have some answers and a plan of action...but it doesnt change that the outcome sucks:-( I know both sides with friends who have had a really hard time getting pregnant with PCOS that being said I know several other women who have had natural BFP's with PCOS fairly easily so there is hope! Im sorry hon. I really hope you get your BFP soon.
I know some of the ladies here have PCOS as well..so hopefully they can give you some good advice!

September 15th, 2010, 09:54 AM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
I have Pcos. It was hard to diagnose because I do not display the obvious symptoms. I have the cysts, tons of tiny little ones on both ovaries, a high lh and very irregular cycles because I don't ovulate- also due to the constantly elevated LH
Obviously there is hope for PCOS'ers. I got pg once on my own, but that ended in a m/c, and got pg again with Repronex injectibles, ovidrel, IUI and now have a healthy 9 month baby boy to show for it

Getting diagnosed can be scary but it is good to know what is going on and it's definitely NOT the end of the road! It may just take a little longer to find what works for your body! You will have your baby in no time
September 15th, 2010, 11:20 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have PCOS, as well. :/
I'm sorry that you were diagnosed, as it's not an easy pill to swallow, but it for sure isn't the end of the world.
We can still get pregnant & carry a baby to term. It's just a bit more challenging.
My doctor put me on Metformin (1500mg) for my PCOS.
You should head over to the TTC w/PCOS board...They all have tons of information regarding PCOS.
Good luck getting for your BFP!
September 15th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have pcos....it sucks but it definitely isn't the worst diagnosis possible-though it may feel that way right now. Chances are pretty good that if pcos is your only fertility problem, you will end up having at least one child. They really can do a lot with pcos. It may take longer, but you'll likely end up being successful.

Keep your chin up. Once they got me on medication, it only took 4 cycles to get my sticky bean-who is now almost 8 months old! Oh, to the Metformin-that can help you from m/c a baby, as women w/ pcos are more likely to do so. It can definitely cut your risks way down. Also-following a low carb diet and maintaining a healthy weight are also big helps with managing pcos.
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

September 15th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have PCOS as well and I think the other girls said what I would have so just wanted to say welcome and hope to see you on the PCOS board as well

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 15th, 2010, 08:50 PM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
I have PCOS and was diagnosed when I was 14. I am now nearly 29 years old and with treatment, my cycles have been like clockwork, every 29 days. I have heard lots of success stories with PCOS so don't lose hope!

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

September 16th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have PCOS as well. You could always ask about Metformin which is a common treatment for PCOS and has helped some women get pregnant. If you have the weight problems typical of PCOS (difficulty losing weight or gaining weight very easily) you should look at PCOS diets and see if there are any changes you can make. For some losing just a few pounds can make a huge difference in the severity of their PCOS.

I hope you get your BFP very soon.

September 16th, 2010, 10:35 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I also have PCOS! My OB put me on Metformin for mine (because I'm insulin-resistant) Hugs! I agree with the other ladies though.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

September 16th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Jasonswife99's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks so much ladies! It really helps to know I'm not alone. ((((HUGS))))

Forever missing our angels...
April 25, 2010 & January 4, 2010
September 20th, 2010, 04:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about your diagnosis, but it's definitely not the end of your TTC-world. I have PCOS and now that I've lost weight, my cycles seem to be getting better and better. I still am not convinced I'm having a strong enough O to actually conceive, but we are getting somewhere. The PCOS board is awesome, and they have tons of info in their stickies. Hope you checked them out too!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search