Any one watch "8 Boys, Wanting a Girl"

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
I watched it last night in Discovery Health. I could just feel my blood boiling! There was two women that did IVF with PDG JUST to have a girl. All the embryos that were male they destroyed. The one lady did IVF 3 times and it didn't work. She had other children but they were all boys. Another tired swaying methods and was pregnant. They showed her all depressed and throwing fits because the baby was a boy. She was extremely detached since it was a boy.

8 BOYS WANTING A GIRL: Willing To Try Anythig : Video : Discovery Health

made by BAM

September 15th, 2010, 01:57 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Haven't heard of this show, but it sounds like something I should stay away from to keep my blood pressure down!

What's also sad is that the television network will give these people airtime instead of doing a show about infertility or people with REAL problems. Think of the awareness they could bring to these topics instead of condoning these peoples' selfish behavior.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

September 15th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Super Mommy
That's crazy...you know peopel keep asking me what I am hoping for a boy or a girl and I tell them honestly that I am blessed to have made it this far and will be happy with whatever God gives me. Honestly some times people take the simple things (like having a family) for granted.

September 15th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
WOW!! I would stay away from that too..that would make me soo mad to watch! Whats bad too is when we started our foster care and adoption they asked what we wanted and what the kid would look like..im like wow..i wouldnt get to choose that when i get pregnant why would i not take a kid who has troubles b/c of gender or looks..i got soo mad!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
September 15th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
what I wouldn't give to just hop into bed with my husband and have my main concern be "I want a boy"
September 15th, 2010, 04:39 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ugh I cant stand that stuff. I think it incredibly wrong for those embryos to be destroyed because they were male...couldnt they have donated them or something else...just so sad.

I think if you cant handle having a boy or a girl or all of one gender or just whatever then you have no business ttc...its certainly not the babies fault that your hubby made them a boy or a girl and ruined your day......

September 15th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Angel_Maker
WoW....glad I don't have cable and couldn't watch that!

Now I will be honest. I want a boy....not to say I *DON'T* want a girl, it's just that ever since I got pregnant with Asher and Noah and then lost them, I've felt cheated out of the experience of being a mom to a boy And then to lose Evan, it only intensified that sense of loss....it's like I was "so close" to having that little boy, and he was snatched away again....so yes, I want a boy...but I would not love a girl any less or any differently and I DANG SURE would not spend thousands of dollars on IVF to insure a boy.....that's just insane...and selfish...at this point I just want a breathing baby.....

Last edited by Angel_Maker; September 15th, 2010 at 04:58 PM.
September 15th, 2010, 05:02 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow.
That is truly pathetic!
People in this world, I swear!
September 15th, 2010, 05:29 PM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
Oh wow that makes me sick!! I can not believe people!

I grew up with a family in my church..they had 12 girls...she finally had a boy but because of her age and a few other factors the boy ended up with downs. They still loved him of course. Wow. They also did a LOT of fostering as well...sweet family.

September 15th, 2010, 10:42 PM
I got so mad watching it! The one lady tried IVF with PDG three fricken times. She only ended up with one female, but it didn't stick. I honestly think she was the one that made me the angriest. She was complaining about the IVF process.

There was another lady from the UK that had to go to Spain to have IVF with PDG because in the UK they will not do PDG unless there is a known issue. So she spent I believe over $50,000 to get it done. She did get pregnant with twin girls.

Then there was another lady in the UK that tired swaying. She had 4 boys and convinced her DH to try again with the sway because she wanted a girl because she was "feminine." She was pregnant and they showed the gender ultrasound. She started crying because it was a boy. She pretty much said "It's cute from the pictures but it's not a girl." Then they talked to her DH and apparently she was fighting a lot with him because the baby was a boy.

made by BAM

September 15th, 2010, 11:45 PM
ttcmymiracle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I saw it and my blood was boiling too!!!!! Every single story made me angry and I felt so sorry for all the little boys who were just not good enough. That one with the twin girls--OMG, I think they had like 6 kids or so and were together for 19 years before marriage because she said she would not amrry him until he gave her a girl! WOW!
The failed IVF lady--UGH! she was sitting there crying with her two precious little boys within 2 feet of her and because they werent girls she was just not happy!
The Pregnant one irritated me too! Seriously...there are lots of baby girls frm China that need a mommy....adopt one! Stop having more children to resent because they arent the gender you prefer! UGHHHHH!
The whole thing was ridiculous! Why not thank God that you can have children and not be so petty!

TTC since Nov. 2007. All testing=completely normal....but we still have empty arms! clomid-thin lining and BFN; femara-BFN, 3 IUIs= BFN, IVF (Nov 2010)= BFN. IVF 2 (FET)= BFP!! beta 1: 29.2 beta 2: 120!!!

September 16th, 2010, 05:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Unbelievable... I am so thankful that I don't have cable right now. That show disgusts me just hearing about it. I can't believe they put that show on the air!

September 16th, 2010, 06:46 AM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
Oh I couldn't watch that... I would snap! :S

PERSONALLY... I love having my little boy! I don't care what the nexts gender is as long as we are able to have a next one.

And being the only girl in the house has lots of perks! I never have to kill bugs, and there is always something to laugh at! Why can't people be grateful for what they have?

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

September 16th, 2010, 07:40 AM
MelibearMom's Avatar Melissa--expecting #4!!
I watched the end of it and was shocked as well! Especially the lady that wouldn't marry the guy until he gave her a girl!!! Crazyness! I really wanted a girl this time around, but it's a boy and I'm perfectly happy with that! If you want a girl adopt one!!! AND, with all those boys you will have daughter-in-laws and most likely granddaughters. I think it's very selfish of them and sad for all the little boys. I have a friend with 6 boys and she has desperately wanted a girl, so I don't know why she doesn't just adopt! There are so many children that need homes. Anyway, the show made me mad too and I thought of all you ladies who would do anything just for a child, boy or girl. Some people need to be a little more grateful!

Hailey Marie 1-29-13 8lbs. 1 oz.
September 16th, 2010, 09:02 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
While searching for a place to be able to watch the whole thing online (couldn't find one) I stumbled across a message board for Gender Disappointment. What the women were saying was just plain scary! They even had a password protected Extreme Gender disappointment board for those who were seeking abortion because they got the wrong gender.... I couldn't believe such a place exists!

September 16th, 2010, 09:09 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenwonderland View Post
While searching for a place to be able to watch the whole thing online (couldn't find one) I stumbled across a message board for Gender Disappointment. What the women were saying was just plain scary! They even had a password protected Extreme Gender disappointment board for those who were seeking abortion because they got the wrong gender.... I couldn't believe such a place exists!

yeah i've seen a place like that..in gender....its sad and scary to read some of the posts...if only those women could be thankful to just have a healthy child

September 16th, 2010, 11:47 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This makes me so sad. I cant think of anything I wouldnt give just to have one baby of either gender. These are the things that make this crap so hard, idiots like these. I agree that I wish there were more shows or documentaries about infertilty rather than this crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenwonderland View Post
Now that is just unbelievable to me! Ughhhhhhhhhhh!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

September 16th, 2010, 02:34 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
This is something i will NOT watch... how can someone be that selfish and disillusioned?? Destroying all those perfect little babies because of the gender... ugh, i am ill...
September 16th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH View Post
Haven't heard of this show, but it sounds like something I should stay away from to keep my blood pressure down!

What's also sad is that the television network will give these people airtime instead of doing a show about infertility or people with REAL problems. Think of the awareness they could bring to these topics instead of condoning these peoples' selfish behavior.
SO true, but people will never know our struggles until they have them themselves

if she wants a girl SO bad, adopt

September 16th, 2010, 10:59 PM
I was thinking the same thing. DH and I have actually talked about that. I've always wanted to adopt. We have a game plan. If #2 is a boy we want to adopt two little girls. If #2 is a girl we may try for #3. If #3 is a girl we'll adopt #4 as a boy or vice versa. If we don't have a bio #3 we'll just adopt a boy and girl.

I've heard of people having amnios done early to get the gender. If it wasn't the one they want they abort the baby. Just based on that reason alone I feel abortion should be illegal. At the point you find out it's not the sex you want they most likely detach themselves from the baby. Why not give it to a family that would love it regardless.

made by BAM

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search