IVF/Surrogancy

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
So my cousin was asking me all sorts of questions tonight about fertility. She's got 3 boys but had to have a hysterectomy after her youngest due to bad endo. The Dr against her wishes left her ovaries because "she's so young." She's still having endo problems and is trying to decide if she wants to have them removed. She asked if they could use her eggs and her "future husband's"(she's just divorced her 2nd husband, but has a super nice boyfriend that she's known for awhile) sperm but have someone else carry the baby. I told her that if her ovaries still function then she could do the IVF process of producing eggs and retrieving them.

Her main question was do I know an estimate of what the cost would be. I told her IVF at the fertility clinic here is around $10-12K. But I have no idea what to tell her about surrogacy costs. Anyone have an estimate on that?

Like I said her new boyfriend is great, and she's known him since high school(about 12 years). Her ex was a donkey (if you know what I mean). Her new BF is great with her boys. Her oldest is in football and I guess he never misses a game. He's great with Coby and Coby adores him. She told me she doesn't want to rush into anything with him but they have talked about marriage sometime in the future. He doesn't have any kids of his own and has said her 3 would be his kids, she really wants to give him a child if they get to that level.

made by BAM

September 17th, 2010, 04:16 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
From what I know about it -- its usually around 20k.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
September 17th, 2010, 05:20 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My friend has no other choice but to use a surrogate if she wants a bio baby (she adopted) but when she looked into it it was going to cost around 50k. using a surrogate would of raised the cost of her IVF 5k.

so the ivf plus meds was going to run around 15-18k and then another 20-25k for the surrogate.

September 17th, 2010, 05:42 AM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
Thanks ladies! I'll tell her that.

made by BAM

September 17th, 2010, 07:09 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG!
I did not realize it was that pricey...Aye yey yey!
*sigh* Why oh why can't we just have sex & get knocked up...Boooo.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search