back from scan (update on 2nd scan in 1st post)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
So I went to the hospital this morning at 8:45 my appointment was for 9am. I had a scan on CD1 they told me come in on cd11 friday morning at 9am. So myself and Maurice check in and they say go to the waiting room. There was 2 ladies before me and 5 came in after me. but they were all taken in before me. I went to the desk and said I was there before them and was told there were all for fetal scans and there were pirority.

That made me feel great b/c they were pregnant they were more inportant... So we sat there and waited till last. After 2 hrs a nurse came out and said Rebecca you were suppose to be yesterday not today. I said No I was told cd11 friday morning... Then she said there is no Dr to do your scan that I will have to come back at 2pm. I said but there is a dr doing scans on the other ladies can't he do it. She said no. So I said WHY have I been sitting here for 2hrs if there was no Dr. they had no answer for me.
I always went to a private clinic for my scans etc but It was getting to expensive so I went public which is free. I guess this is what I get (I'm not important b/c I'm not pregnant)

I went into town and met a friend for lunch and bought a new dress to cheer myself up.
I went back at 2pm on my own DH couldn't come with me. There was a different nurse there and she was so nice and saying sorry for this morning. When I went in and saw the Dr he said he was sorry about this morning it should not have happened that he not not know I was sitting in the waiting room.

He started the scan and No cyst. But I also have NO follicles on my right side I do have 4 good size follicles on my left side but no tube. I know there is still a small chance my right tube can catch them from the left.
I was given my trigger injection and told to do Home Insemination tonight and Sunday night.
He said to come back Monday for another scan I said I was working at 9:30 so could not sit while all the pregnant ladies went 1st. He said they start at 9am but he will scan me at 8am so I will not have to wait or miss work.

Wow sorry that was so long.... But lets just hope and pray my right tube catches my left follicles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

Well I went back into the hospital this morning for my scan. I was only waiting 15min. before I was called (much better than Friday)

Started my scan and looks like I did O. 2 follicle sacks had collapsed which is a sign of O. The dr said everything looked good My lining looked great. I go and get my blood done on Sunday for progesterone and just wait...
I will NOT be testing unless I go o 16DPO I just hate hate hate seeing bfn's So ladies fingers crossed this is it.

[SIZE="3"]

Last edited by Dóchas; September 20th, 2010 at 06:18 AM. Reason: update
September 17th, 2010, 10:15 AM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
Oh man that is awful! But it sounds like things got better from there. Good luck Monday! KUP!

September 17th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awe, big hugs! What a horrible appointment - but I'm so glad you were finally able to get in. I have everything crossed that your right tube catches your left follies!! GL!!

September 17th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Jenn in DC's Avatar Super Mommy
Ugh - what a frustrating morning you had! Good for you for having a nice lunch and buying yourself a new dress!!!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that your left tube catches some of those great follies on your right! Let us know how the next appointment goes!

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #13 - 15= IUIs with Clomid & Gonal F - All BFNs
Cycle #16 -21 - Natural Cycles, started acupuncture and chinese herbs - BFN
Cycle #22 - IVF Clinical Trial. Cycle Cancelled.
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
Cycle #26 Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage
Cycle #27 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!!
Due Date: July 20th
Aven Robert Born on August 4th
September 17th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you had to wait for last Why is it that us women who are infertile always seem to be last at everything

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
September 17th, 2010, 01:24 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you had such a rought morning!
Glad you rewarded yourself, though! You deserved it!!
Good luck, babe!
September 20th, 2010, 05:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What a load of BS! I'm sorry that you had to wait things out while you watched all these preggo ladies get the 1st class treatment.

I remember all too well sitting in the waiting room for my scans (done at a local OB office and not at my RE to save me money) and being surrounded by happy couples going in for their u/s.

But it sounds like you got some nice follies in there... I sure hope that right tube gets over there to catch those eggies! Good luck hun!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

September 20th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
Thanks girls. It was a better scan today. there is an update in the 1st post.

[SIZE="3"]

September 20th, 2010, 06:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Much better update! I sure hope that in a two weeks we are seeing a wonderful BFP post from you!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

September 20th, 2010, 07:15 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so glad you had a great 2nd scan! I hope this is your BFP cycle!
September 20th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sending you good thoughts and prayers for this to be it for you Rebecca!!!

September 20th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy

My fingers, toes, legs, arms, and eyes are all crossed for you!

September 20th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
wow! i just read your post..i cant believe that nurse did that to you! Glad you were seen and they apologized..i sure hope all goes well this cycle and you caught that eggie!!

Oh ya.and retail therapy is the best! YAY for friends and a new dress!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
September 20th, 2010, 09:30 PM
sweetdreamer1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
glad to hear that u O'd..!!!after all that u had to go thru with the scan appnts..! i would have been mad..!!! good luck n will be keeping my fingers crosses for u to catch those eggs..!!!
((((((feritlization dust)))))) and ((((((sticky vibes))))) on ur way hun.!!

My BFP Chart
pregnancy/baby blog pw. 0000

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search