Thank God.

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
I feel like TTC has left me somewhat stressed, antsy, and yes, even bitter at times.
I thought it'd be nice to hear some "I thank God for ____." affirmations.

I thank God for: my dogs who never have bad days, mood swings, or temper tantrums. Who greet me at the door like I've been gone for years. Who find a way to make me smile, make up little songs, and snuggle when I'm grouchy.
I thank God for: my husband who tries his hardest to understand, to be my rock, and to tell me everything is going to be alright.
I thank God for: moments with my husband that we may not have in the future when hustling and bustling for baby (for the meantime, I won't mind hustlin' and bustlin'- PROMISE!)
I thank God for: an amazing family who are always there and who support me through whatever I decide to do.
I thank God for: the health I DO have- even though it may lack in the reproduction department.
I thank God for: Support and warmth from all of you.

What are you thankin' God for?
September 18th, 2010, 05:56 AM
Angel_Maker
I thank God for: My husband. He *should've* left me a million times already because I have allowed TTC to eat away at our "perfect marriage"...But yet he stays...always trying to be my bright spot when the times are dark and my rock when I'm feeling weak. He is amazing and I am truly blessed.

I thank God for: JustMommies...seriously, I don't know HOW I would've survived (yes, literally SURVIVED) my losses if not for the friends I've made here and the relationships I've built in the almost 4 years.

I thank God for: My pets...even on my WORST days, they made me get out of bed even if it was just to feed them. They all just "know" when I'm in a funk and it's not uncommon to have both cats and my dog curled up in bed with me just because I feel like doing nothing else.

I thank God for: My babies. Had I not yet been pregnant, I surely would've given up by now. But God gave me each of my babies right when I was on the verge of throwing in the towel and calling it quits. I am blessed by the time I got to spend with them, no matter how short. I'm thankful for the belly pictures I got to take, the flutters and kicks I got to feel, the excitement of walking around "pregnant." And as bittersweet as it is, the experience of giving birth. I wish it could've been different, but then again, I wouldn't change it if I could...Had Asher and Noah had lived, I wouldn't have gotten pregnant with Tres, and even with A&N passing, had I got pregnant with Tres, then I could've never had Evan.....and look at my siggy, look at his perfect face. God knew just what he was doing when he sent me that beautiful baby....
September 18th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
I loved your reply. Even if only one person decided to share their blessings, I'm glad it was yours I got to read this morning. Very heartfelt and beautiful. You are a strong, amazing woman.
September 18th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I thank god for my amazing husband, loving friends, and the girls on this board.

I thank god for the wonderful 8 weeks I got to enjoy pregnant.

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!
September 18th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Angel_Maker
Addie, I you and I know how hard it is right now. The fact that you are *able* to feel thankful for anything right now is a testament to how strong, amazing, and wonderful you are. Those are great attributes for a mother, which YOU ARE, and I hope you always know how *proud* I am of you and how much I admire you

Maggie: you're so sweet
September 19th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Angel_Maker
C'mon girls! This was a GREAT thread! Post something you're thankful for! I think we could all use a little pick-me-up
September 19th, 2010, 10:25 AM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
That was beautiful ladies. I am so glad you all shared and help bring up the moral. TTC can definitely be stressful and we all need a little help cheering up sometimes.

I am thankful for my husband...we just celebrated out 6th wedding anniversary yeterday so I am thankful we are still going strong and we have had these 6 beautiful years together.
I am thankful for my daughter. She has truly blessed my life and she is my first miracle baby.
I am thankful for this board and you ladies on it. I am thankful we have such a great sisterhood and support system with each other.

September 19th, 2010, 01:33 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You ladies are AWESOME & have such wonderful blessings!

I thank God for: my BFFs who I do bible study with every week. Without them I wouldn't have been able to make it this far in my journey. When I'm down they pick me back up.

I thank God for: JM & all my wonderful friends on here. I love you ladies just as much as my BFFs & God often uses one or more of you to pick me back up when I need it most.

I thank God for: my sweet angel. Brandi, like you I remember being at my lowest point, at the verge of giving up completely when by His miracle, we got pg. Thank you so much Lord!

I thank God for: my family... DH & DS. I love them both so much!

I thank God for: insurance, without which we wouldn't be doing injectables.

I thank God for: my church family. They are so sweet & wonderful to me. Always there to pray when I need it.

I thank God for: sending His son Jesus to die on the cross to redeem His lost children.

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
September 19th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I thank God for my daughter. I will never take her or her existence for granted! She is basically our life.

I thank God for my husband. He is my best friend and a wonderful husband. He is also my rock and supports me when I need it the most.

I am thankful for my family and friends-they are such a wonderful, fun, crazy support system.

I thank God for our home, our jobs, our financial security and for the good health of my daughter, husband, family and for myself...
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

September 19th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
Aw I have LOVED these replies! I am kinda shocked we didn't get more replies, but I am absolutely loving these replies in any case. I am so grateful for you all. What a beautiful sisterhood.
September 19th, 2010, 02:29 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I thank God for my husband who works so incredibly hard for not only our family, but for the protection of all of America. He is my true hero.

I thank God for my friends in NC. Since the Army makes us live away from our family, it is so nice ot have such good, close friends here that I can call family.

I thank God for my beautiful home & everything in it. I really am blessed.

I thank God that I am fortunate enough to be able to be a SAHW.

I thank God for my furbabies, whom I love more than my luggage!

I thank God for alot more but can't seem to think of it right now. haha
September 19th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Veteran
Wow, I was just thinking of what I was thankful for this morning when I was starting to get upset about my latest BFN.

I am thankful for my DH who is a wonderful man and truly does his best to understand the craziness of TTC.

I am thankful for my family who also do their best to be supportive.

I am thankful for my furbaby who oddly senses when I need a lift.

I am thankful for JM for all of you who truly 'get it.'

I am thankful for our financial security...home, insurance, job security.

I am thankful for so many things I have forgotten to mention...my faith, my students, my friends, my co-workers, my health....

Thanks for posting this topic. TTC overwhelms every fiber in your life that we forget about all the great things we have going on. Thanks for making us remember!
September 19th, 2010, 11:54 PM
demumbran0516's Avatar Veteran
I thank God for: My husband. Without him, I wouldn't be where I am at today. Even when I am b*****, he still tells me I am the love of his life, and he doesn't know what he would do without me. He is the most caring, compassionate, and beautiful person I have the privilege to know.

I thank God for: My parents because they have and do support me in everything I do. Even if they know I am making a mistake, they let me go forward to learn it the hard way.
I thank God for: My best friend, who is my rock during TTC. She gave me the strength to do what needed to be done in order to get pregnant. No matter what she supports me and for that I owe her.

I thank God for: My Job and my boss. With times so tough for people, I know I am lucky to still have a job. My boss at any time could have shut down my lab, but instead she takes care of me and makes sure I get hours, even if I don't work them.
September 20th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
Love these.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search