IUI without Meds???

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Am I crazy? I have no explanation for our infertility, even though I am 39 my eggs are looking good and my hormones have been good. I have done one round of Clomid and can't take it due to bad side effects. I hated that month and how badly I felt during the process. Now my DH and I are contemplating doing IUI but without meds. My RE wants me to do injectibles but I am nervous about multiples not to mention feeling badly and possibly getting overstimulated AGAIN. I plan to do acupuncture and hope to be having the saline sonohysterogram since I can't do the iodine HSG version (allergic). Part of me wants to try this a couple months and then I think about my age and feel like I should just bite the bullet. I just do so badly on meds. Any thoughts???
September 20th, 2010, 05:56 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you don't want to do meds and you seem to ovulate fine on your own without them, I don't think it's out of the question to try a few IUIs naturally! Good luck in what you decide!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

September 20th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You could also give Femara a try. Lots of women respond better to it with much fewer s/e. I hope you get a plan in place that will result in a BFP really soon!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

September 20th, 2010, 07:20 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
We did 6 IUIs total, and 3 were without meds of any kind. There are several problems (poor motility, hostile CM, etc) that this is great for, so it is definitely worth a shot! Good luck!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

September 20th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the support! I'm waiting for AF to show up so we can get the show on the road. Had to take a break this last cycle so I'm getting anxious. Still on the fence about the meds though, so hard to decide. I'm glad you guys are here to cheer me on! Wishing you all the best too!

Tags
acupuncture , injectibles , iui

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search