Sister of the Week ~Ashley~ (Sept. 20-24th)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2010, 02:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Our Sister of the Week this week is Ashley (Ashley)!!!

If you want to request specific pics from Ashley (for Friday) please remember to have your requests in before Wednesday 9 PM. And please save all of your questions for Ashley for Thursday. I appreciate all of the love and support we give each other on the board, let's keep it going strong!

Monday: Post an introduction about you, your family, your TTC story, etc... (it can be as long or as short as you would like).

Tuesday: Post 20 facts about yourself. (It's harder than you think! )

Wednesday: Share pictures of yourself, your family, etc. Try to save requested pics for Friday. Get creative ladies! (Also, remember to keep these appropriate for the board.)

Thursday: Answer any questions the ladies might have for you. Please save all questions for this day ladies!

Friday: Pick at least 10 pics that other members request from you. These will probably be things you might not think to post yourself. All pic requests must be submitted by Wednesday 9 PM of your week, that way you have Wed - Fri to get them taken, uploaded and posted. Even if you get more than 10 requests....you can pick the 10 you would like to share, or share more than 10. It's up to you!

Most importantly.... HAVE FUN!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

September 20th, 2010, 01:02 PM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay a little about myself....I tend to ramble so hopefully this doesnt get too long.

Im from a small town outside of St. Louis, born and raised here. My mom had me at the young age of 17, and my dad was 18 and in the military. Not to get too into the details but my dad was a very abusive man. (physically and mentally) We lived in Burbank, CA until I was almost 2, then came back here. My mom got pregnant with my sister and shortly after her birth she FINALLY got the courage to tell him she was leaving him. As you can imagine, with those kind of physically abusive men, he didnt take that too well and we ended up having to live in a womans shelter for a little bit before moving in with my grandparents. After a while, I guess the fact that my mother didnt get to live her teens/early twenties without kids really got to her. She just up and left my sister and I with our grandparents one night. We lived with them for probably 6-7 years until my mom came back and said she was straightening herself out. She met a man, got married and got pregnant with twins almost immediately after the wedding. Things were wonderful for a while, my little brothers were born and we all finally moved out into our own house in 1998. I now always think of that house as really, really bad memories. Once again my mom slipped into wanting to be kid free again, and this time my step dad added drugs to the mix. There were nights when I would be taking care of my little brothers on my own. Then they would be too hungover the next morning to wake up with them so I did that too. I was pretty much their mother at my very young age of 12 (this lasted until I was 16). One day after my grandma and grandpa had had enough of our living situation, she came and "took" my sister and I to live with them again. This was the happiest AND saddest day of my life. Happiest because we were out of the mess, we would once again have people caring for US instead of the other way around, we would once again have food, new clothes, HOT water, AC/heat...etc. The saddest because my little brothers stayed with my mom. I cried for weeks maybe even months thinking about how miserable they were going to be now. They went off to live with my step dads parents (because my grandma and grandpa owned that house and they just rented from them and my grandma kicked them out). Anyway, (I am rambling! ) life was amazing, my mom and step dad were cleaning up their act which made me feel better, and my sister and I had everything we could have ever needed or wanted. My pawpaw (grandpa) was like our dad and did anything for us. He passed away in 2003 and unfortunately my sister and I were home to see it all I graduated high school, started college, broke up with my high school sweetheart. And finally started dating the one who i'd been eyeing all along, Jason. (We hung out in the same group of friends) We moved out into our own apartment in January of 06 (after only dating for two months!) then decided to start saving for a house. We bought a fixer upper in hopes of doing all the work on our own. We did just that, we worked SO hard only he and I...and a year later listed our house for sale by owner (to try and make even more money) and sold our house by ourselves with a $50,000 profit! This allowed us to upgrade and build our own custom home that was finally done in May 08! About a month later the baby bug hit me, and I joined JM because Jason wasnt quite ready and I needed somewhere to vent and talk about that. Later that year (November) we went on a vacation to Cancun and decided that it was time, that was our first month of TTC. I ended up getting pregnant that first month and quickly miscarried. I was absolutely devastated. Started trying again right away and within 4 months had 3 miscarriages Then in April of 09 Jason pops the question and we put TTC on hold for a few months till the wedding (Sept 18, 09). Our wedding day was amazing, its hard to put into words what I felt that day, but I can honestly say I did marry my best friend and love of my life. We started TTC again right after the wedding and got pregnant again for the 4th time in Dec 09 and once again miscarried. We decided it was time to see an RE and figure out what is going on. We did the whole workup and the only thing found was a heterozygeous MTHFR mutation on me, and Jason was said to have poor morphology. We did one IUI with that Dr which failed and at that point some other things were happening and I was not happy with my RE so I switched to a new one. She asked for all my medical records and after reviewing the HSG films called to tell me she is certain that my right tube is blocked UGH! It is really one thing after another with us, I swear. So we did 3 Clomid cycles and one more IUI and so far nothing... I am taking a break from IUI this month and just doing Clomid and acupuncture. Im also starting up my photography business so im reallly, really busy this month and its really nice to keep my mind off of TTC. We'll see!

I probably went into a little much detail but as you can see I did not have an ideal childhood but I honestly dont think I would have as much drive if I didnt grow up the way I did. My main goal was to always be NOTHING like my mother, she pretty much taught me what not to do. Jason and I had alot more the age of only 19&20 than my mother had at the age of 38. We continue to grow and work hard for the things we have. I also cannot wait to be the mother I never had, and see my kids with a loving father in their life. I see all my old friends who grew up spoiled and having the perfect childhood going nowhere in their life and I can only be thankful for the gift I was given. I am so thankful for what I have learned from going through ALL that I have been through, there is aloooot I didnt mention. It also makes me so thankful that I found the hardest working man ever, he will always work hard to give me and our future family all that we need. I see more honesty in him than I was ever shown in my life.

Well thats it in a nutshell! I know that was long but believe me there is ALOT I cut out!

Oh! And by the way my mom and my step dad after about 5 years (after we moved out of that house) completely turned their lives around and after a long road of healing and finally being able to forgive them, we have a wonderful relationship and my brothers are very loved and taken care of (finally!) in their household! Oh and my real father and I do NOT have a relationship, him and my mother had to share custody and that was really hard having to go over to our dads every other weekend, he was terrible. This lasted until we were probably 15 and decided we didnt want to go anymore. And now we have no relationship with our father whatsoever havent even seen or spoken to him in over 3 years and before that it was very sporadic.
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

Last edited by ♥Ashley♥; September 20th, 2010 at 01:04 PM.
September 20th, 2010, 01:55 PM
eccomi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ashley thank you for sharing and for being so candid about your life and the troubles you've gone through and overcome. have you ever read the book "the glass castle" by jeannette walls? if you haven't, you should (it's really, really good). it's a true story and a few of the things you mentioned mirror events in the book.

can't wait to see your photos!

cycles 1-16: TTC naturally, all BFNs
cycle 17 & 18: not TTC (due to diagnostic tests)
october 14: RE appt with follow-up hysteroscopy + saline sonogram... TUBES ARE CLEAR!
cycle 19, 20 & 21: natural TTC cycles = BFNs
cycle 22: another natural cycle, but preparing for our first IUI with injectables for cycle 23! FINALLY!!!
FEBRUARY 10th... our very first when we least expected it!!!

october 26th... our little miracle arrived via c-section at 12:19pm weighing 3.920 kilos! we are in love.
September 20th, 2010, 04:46 PM
hollann1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you so much for sharing ashley

** Thank you Oona for the awesome siggy**
September 20th, 2010, 05:35 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ashley- I'm so sorry you had such a rought life.
I can relate to that!
I'm so glad you learned from your MOms mistakes & found a wonderful man to share your life with.
You are going to be such a great MOMMY!!!
September 21st, 2010, 07:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Great intro Ash! You are such a brave and strong woman... I can't wait to see you become a mommy!

September 21st, 2010, 08:49 AM
Jenn in DC's Avatar Super Mommy
Ashley - thank you for being so open and honest. You seem like such a strong person. I can't wait for you to get your BFP and start being the mommy you want to be!

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #13 - 15= IUIs with Clomid & Gonal F - All BFNs
Cycle #16 -21 - Natural Cycles, started acupuncture and chinese herbs - BFN
Cycle #22 - IVF Clinical Trial. Cycle Cancelled.
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
Cycle #26 Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage
Cycle #27 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!!
Due Date: July 20th
Aven Robert Born on August 4th
September 21st, 2010, 09:14 AM
20 Facts about myself!

1. I am VERY strong willed

2. I have a huge, huge fear of lakes & rivers at night time. Strange I know...but I freak out bad.

3. I hate chocolate, everyone thinks im weird for this and all women apparantly love chocolate.

4. My favorite candy is swedish fish!

5. I love to shop, even if its a random trip to Target...sometimes I just have to buy something!

6. I love to save money, this interferes with #5 and its an ongoing battle...I will shop and then feel bad because i'd rather save the money. Haha!!

7. I shave my arms! Yes, arms! I hate having hair on my arms...I started doing it when I was like 15. Im going to get laser hair removal soon because my shaving time is outrageous!

8. My little sister is my absolute best friend, we have been through more together than most siblings ever should have to endure.

9. I still look at my husband and think "what a hottie!"

10. Im an accountant

11. I have also kicked off my photography business just within the past month, and im working on my website now! Im loving it!

12. I love makeup, I wanted to be a makeup artist for the longest time and friends and family always come to me to do their makeup for events and things. I have a crapload of makeup...alot more than the average person! Its kind of something I like to collect!

13. My favorite food is Chicken fettucine alfredo, I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, & dinner no doubt.

14. I was a hockey cheerleader in highschool!

15. My husband is seriously my best friend.

16. I got my first car when I was 17, and since then have gone through 10 cars! Haha. I love getting new cars! I always have to have something new! The last time I got a new car my boss asked me if I was going to have this one long enough to go through a tank of gas

17. I'd pick a night at home watching movies over going out anytime!

18. I have a serious obsession with Christmas, like....its unhealthy.

19. I like grocery shopping Everyone thinks im nuts for this and I still have never met anyone who enjoys it like I do! I think its fun to try new things and come up with new meals!

20. I wear glasses Monday-Friday and contacts Saturday and Sunday. Glasses are easier for getting ready for work and stuff I dont have to mess with putting my contacts in...but on the weekends I want to do my makeup more so I wear my contacts!
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

September 21st, 2010, 09:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I love to grocery shop too!!! I love filling up the cupboards and fridge. Then I have a hard time trying to figure out what to eat first!

September 21st, 2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari_B View Post
I love to grocery shop too!!! I love filling up the cupboards and fridge. Then I have a hard time trying to figure out what to eat first!
Me too! Haha....I love that first day after you come home from grocery shopping and you have so many choices on what to snack on and have for dinner!

September 21st, 2010, 11:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing your story! You sound very strong...and very resilient! Can't wait to see some pics.
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

September 22nd, 2010, 06:25 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ash, thanks so much for sharing!!!! I mean, I know we are tight, but I didn't know half of your story!!! What a strong lady you are!! I'm so proud of you and all that you've been through! I can't wait to see you be a Mommy!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

September 22nd, 2010, 12:39 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Ashley great intro..sorry i know im late..this is the third time ive tried to post..grr..lol! anywho..im so sorry for all you have gone through but just remember that your past is what makes you who you are today

As for your facts..well..i love love love christmas too!! Its my favorite holiday!! I go nuts decorating..love the parties..everything about it is soo awesome! I also love to shop and save money! we can just say we are thrifty shoppers! LOL! I also love to grocery shop and people tell me im nuts..i think that its b/c its shopping in general! I LOVE IT!

So nice to gtky! thanks for sharing!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
September 22nd, 2010, 01:03 PM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
I enjoyed reading about you! Thanks for sharing! I love going to the grocery store too, only because I love to cook and bake. I post recipes on my blog all of the time! Can't wait to see your photos!

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

September 22nd, 2010, 01:11 PM
Thanks girls I'll post my pictures when I get home from work

September 22nd, 2010, 02:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY!!! And becuase I'm going to be busy tomorrow I'm going to post my questions for Thursday now. And I'll get my pic requests in right now too for Friday!!

Questions:
1. What does Jason think of JM?
2. If you had to move to another country... where would you go and why?
3. What's the craziest TTC story that you have.
4. Are you still close with your twin siblings? Where are they now, what happened to them when you had moved out again?

Friday Pic Requests:
1. Inside of your fridge - hopefully it's freshly stocked!
2. Inside of your purse
3. Wedding pics
4. Where you talk to us from
5. Your favorite room in the house

September 22nd, 2010, 03:57 PM
Loved your 20 facts!!
I also LOVE grocery shopping...My favorite day of the 2 weeks!!
You seem so adorable!
September 22nd, 2010, 04:33 PM
Okay im literally just going through my photobucket here....and i'll add some recent ones at the end too!

Here is my mom pregnant with me at her highschool graduation! (she is the really really short one with the flowers in her hand!)

Heres me and my best friend (still to this day!) on our prom day in 04!

Here's a bunch from when Jason and I first got together all between 2005-2006

Funny story with this one...This is before we moved out together and we could never dtd because we just couldnt do it in his parents house or in my grandmas house, so here we are in a hotel JUST so that we could dtd

Jasons college graduation

Jasons 21st birthday (06) He was DRUNK!

Heres our first house (the fixer upper that we bought and completely redid and sold) CRAP! I have no before pictures in here Well heres after, we put in ALOT of hard work, the kitchen had metal yes, metal cabinets and plastic tiles on the walls, and a green appliances! Puke!

Sanding and restaining this stupid floor was hard work!

Our first trip to Las Vegas in 07!

Florida 07!

Jake as a baby!

Molly as a baby!

Our home that we built in 08! (Jasons a FREAK about the lawn he bought a "striper")

Cancun 08 (when we first started TTC! Oh what I didnt know back then!)

I got my hair braided, Haha!

My nephew Aden born Dec 08!

HAHAHA he looks so funny here!

And Aden now!

My little brothers a couple years ago! (they went through, and are still currently going through a surfer dude/skater dude hair phase)

Me and my sis at my bachelorette party! (I have lots more fun pics of this night ) Me sister is to the left if you cant tell, everyone says we look alike.

A wedding pic

Here is Jasons tattoo that he got last year, it represents us and our wedding and honeymoon 9-1-8 (Sept 18th) and Jack and Ace for Jason and Ashley...and cards because we LOVE vegas and went there on our honeymoon!

Last edited by ♥Ashley♥; September 22nd, 2010 at 04:37 PM.
September 22nd, 2010, 04:39 PM
LOVED the pictures!
You are gorgeous & your hubby is a cutie!
LOVE your house...It's magnificient!
And your nephew & brother are too stinkin cute!!
September 23rd, 2010, 12:34 AM
eccomi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
you are so pretty ashley! and what a beautiful house! thanks for sharing with us.

cycles 1-16: TTC naturally, all BFNs
cycle 17 & 18: not TTC (due to diagnostic tests)
october 14: RE appt with follow-up hysteroscopy + saline sonogram... TUBES ARE CLEAR!
cycle 19, 20 & 21: natural TTC cycles = BFNs
cycle 22: another natural cycle, but preparing for our first IUI with injectables for cycle 23! FINALLY!!!
FEBRUARY 10th... our very first when we least expected it!!!

october 26th... our little miracle arrived via c-section at 12:19pm weighing 3.920 kilos! we are in love.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search