Another lap question (sorry!!)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2010, 04:08 PM
Regular
Sorry gals... I'm so new to this. I appreciate you bearing with me!

How long is "normal" after the scope for the incision site to hurt? I plan on calling my doc tomorrow to ask, but I'm just curious-I have two incisions, one near my belly button that is fine, but the one right above my pubic bone is really really sore, and it has only really started today. It's been 9 days since I had it done-shouldn't it be healed up by now?

Just curious, because if it's a normal thing I might not call. I'm under military health care and it can be tricky to get in or ask questions over the phone!
September 23rd, 2010, 04:14 PM
Veteran
Hi there...

I don't know if pain for that length of time is normal. I just had my lap surgery on Tuesday, and I've had some irritation from the stitches and a little soreness, but it seems like it's going to heal well.
I think I'd be concerned if there was that much pain 9 days later. You don't want to have any infection inside & I would think that would be a big problem for ttc.. It sucks that it's hard to get to see the dr, but I think it would be worth it & better to be safe and know you're looked after properly...

Just my 2 cents, & I hope you feel better soon!

September 23rd, 2010, 07:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Haven't had a lap... I hope one of the other gals pops in here to answer for you!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

September 23rd, 2010, 11:47 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Havent had a lap either..wanted to say good luck! You might wanna call your PCM to get info..if not ask for his nurse..you are soo right its soo hard to get ahold of them! GRR!! I love that its free though..lol! good luck hun..i hope you feel better!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search