That witch came today. (Clomid question)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2010, 05:36 PM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
I am relieved. I have my pap on the 27th so I think that will be the day before I'm supposed to start Clomid again...Think I'm gonna ask the doc if I need a higher dose of Clomid this month. Because if the Clomid worked this month I'd have gotten AF without Provera right? Does anyone know anything about this?
September 23rd, 2010, 07:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Maggie, I really think you need to have better monitoring this cycle. You should ask for an u/s before you start the clomid, you need a mid-cycle u/s to see how you are responding and how your lining looks, and then if OPK's work for you, then you can keep an eye on when you Ovulate on your own. If you don't O with just clomid they can use a trigger to force ovulation at the right time... that means you must have the mid-cycle u/s done first. If you don't use a trigger you should request b/w to be done at 7dpo and you won't need an u/s at that point...

I wouldn't suggest upping your dose until you know for sure how you responded to the last cycle. IMO you didn't learn anything from the last cycle because they didn't monitor you on the right days.

I hope you can get through to them and convince them to try better monitoring before they up your meds. You could possibly avoid the higher dose of clomid (which means worse s/e).

Good luck hun!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

September 23rd, 2010, 09:15 PM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
I am so stressed, Kari. It's all so much to handle and to try to understand what dr's are lacking in telling me.. Uuuughh.. I DO need to be monitored better. Maybe see another dr. Get a second treatment/opinion...
September 23rd, 2010, 10:35 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Yes i totally agree with Kari about the monitoring.. If you did o on clomid..then you dont need to up it that will just make your cycle longer (if it does anything) b/c its more progesterone. Clomid is to help ovulation not to help regulate your cycle (well in a sense it is b/c it helps with o) So really you just need to find out what is going on. I was on clomid a very long time with no monitoring..very bad cysts started popping up..i mean 2 big ones on each side..it hurt soo bad..so get that checked! Good luck!
September 24th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If you aren't sure what to ask, start printing off some of our suggestions and bring them with you. It's easy to get overwhelmed and forget everything that you wanted to talk about.

And getting a 2nd opinion is always a good idea! You'll get this Maggie... you just need to stand up for yourself and for what you want for your body.

Have you read Taking Charge of your Fertility? If not.. you NEED to!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search