Anyone use Novarel/Gonal F 900?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Super Mommy
If the IUI I had today doesn't work, that's what I will be trying next. I already got a call from the pharmacy and they're ready to ship them to me. There are videos on my RE's website showing you how to do the injections....the needles are big! I'm scared!
September 24th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
Don't worry it is really easy. I hate needles and I did 3 cycles in injections. The needles are really small most of the time I didn't even feel it.
I hoping you won't need to use them....

[SIZE="3"]

September 24th, 2010, 03:27 PM
MrsB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did Gonal F and the needles are super tiny. If you ice the area first you won't feel it at all!

My trigger was Ovidrel and the needle was a bit bigger, but with ice I didn't feel it either.

Good luck!!

After 2 losses, 2 rounds of fertility testing, 2 laproscopies and a D&C,
7 cycles of Clomid, an HSG and a cycle of Injections we finally received our BFP on August 19th!

Our Miracle John Michael was born April 25th 2011 @ 4:36pm!

September 24th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The gonal F needle is not big at all! It's incredibly thing and if I remember right, only an inch or so big. If you push it in quickly and at a straight angle, you really won't feel it at all! I promise! The first time taking the shots are always the scariest, but I promise you that once you do it, you'll be surprised at how easy it is. You have to remember if it wasn't easy and basically pain free to do, they wouldn't allow us to do this at home. Best of luck to you!

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!
September 24th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The other girls are right, the needles are overwhelming at first but once you do the first one they get easier and easier. I used Noverell and it was pretty painless. If you are really worried you can use some ice to numb up the area first, but I promise it will all be fine.

BUT.... I have to also add that you shouldn't even be worrying about all of this yet.... you'll be getting your BFP and won't need to give this all a second thought.

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

September 24th, 2010, 11:44 PM
sweetdreamer1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yes..like all the ladies said it..dont worry aobut the needle size..its always thin for the follitism injections..and u still can use the same size for ur trigger shot too..dont have to be big..!! n they are hardly an inch long..i sware it wont hurt..! it just scary on the first one..!! but after sometime..it feels like as if u are taking ur dailing vitamine pills..lol..!! n hoping tha tu still dont have to go thru this alln get ur nice bfp this time around..! good luck

My BFP Chart
pregnancy/baby blog pw. 0000

September 25th, 2010, 01:59 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hopefully, you won't need it!
Hoping your BFP comes to you this month!
September 25th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The first one is the worst - the rest are a breeze. It's really not as bad as it seems. Hopefully you won't need them anyway.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search