Kinda Registered...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We got mostly done registering, but then Target was closing so we didn't quite finish up. I want to go back, or at least add online some more things. Like baby gates, more onesies of different sizes, socks, some warmer sleepers for this winter, safety things, a changing pad for our dresser... I know there is more I'm leaving out.

It is all so overwhelming... but it was so much fun to think about using all of this baby stuff. I have wanted to do this for so long, it hasn't really sunk in that it's really going to happen. I think I'll really have a melt down when it's all over with and out baby girl is home and I can finally exhale. I feel like I'll be holding my breath until she's here.

Anyway, here is a link to my registry.... I was kinda hoping some of you ladies could give me some pointers as to what I'm missing, or don't need, or whatever you have opinions on. I'm all ears!!!

Target - Kari and Brian's Baby Registry

I hope you all had a great weekend!!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

September 26th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
I know the car seat "saver" isn't really safe to use in cars a receiving blanket would do the job just as well. I wish we were closer! I'd so go with you and show you what we really used and what just sat. I just realized Alex is kinda a mid point for the two of us. If you wanted to meet there some point I could help you out.

made by BAM

September 27th, 2010, 04:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Why isn't is safe to use? It looked like it strapped in really good so that it didn't move. We have leather seats and I know I'll want something under the car seat once our LO is eating in the car.

I did have a couple of my mommy-girlfriends come with me and do the registry, along with Brian. They helped a ton! You'll have to let me know when you are in my area.... I'd love to squeeze those big cheeks of Koby's!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

September 27th, 2010, 05:16 AM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
They say not to use anything with a car seat that didn't come with the car seat.... that being said, I have one in my car :X A Car seat technician won't approve of it though.

I have a few things I want to show you too, but have an RE appointment I need to get ready for, so expect a post from me again when I get back!

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

September 27th, 2010, 05:40 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any advice, but how exciting!!!! I'm so happy for you
September 27th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh Kari... how exciting!! Looks like you have a great registry going. I'll let you know if I think if anything else, but looks like you have most of it covered!

September 27th, 2010, 07:23 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Oh this is so exciting!! I haven't really had time to go thru your registry and think of too much yet, but here are a few things I noticed:

*Gerber onesies run small. The 0-3 months are more like a small newborn onesie when washed...just FYI. You'll discover that just like with women's clothes, every brand is different.

*I didn't see a baby bathtub on the list.

*You'll need more burp cloths...you can never, ever have too many!

I'll add more later. Glad you had fun registering!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

September 27th, 2010, 07:36 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I LOVE that you are using the halo sleep sacks, good call mommy!!!!!

I didnt see a car seat or a stroller...maybe I missed it? I would add those.

extra crib sheets

blankets

medicine droppers

baby brush

nose sucker

ear or forehead thermometer

bottles..I cant remember if i saw them or not. we are a dr brown bottle family and i really love them.

pacifiers...again..cant remember if i saw them

I think you have a great list though!!!

September 27th, 2010, 08:25 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Melissa is right on with the Gerber onesies...Julie outgrew the 0-3 months at 1 month and outgrew the 3-9 month at 3 months, the Circo and Carters are fairly true to size in our case...we just retired the 0-3 months at 3.5 months.

The hospital will probably recommend you don't use an ear/forehead thermometer as they are less accurate. We were told to go get a rectal/under the arm one, so I returned my ear one but you know, it's whatever your preference is.

I say register your heart out!!! You can always return the items especially if they are on your registry. Also, you are going to find yourself going....I need this or that and having to go to the store for it anyways. You'll never get everything and of course, you'll find things that you do or don't like and what works better for you. You'll just have to mommy test it out.

I did not use burp clothes...but one thing we constantly buy are pacifiers! I have no idea where Julie's go.

One thing we really liked (and a few people in my DDC did) was the fisherprice rock and play sleeper. She still sleeps in it at her grandmas.
Fisher-Price Newborn Rock 'N Play Sleeper : Target

You might want a humidifier if you don't have one. We haven't used that either, but we have one handy just in case.

**And make sure you register at Similac and Enfamil, Huggies, Pampers, and Luvs....to get your free samples**

Last edited by MommaLee; September 27th, 2010 at 08:31 AM.
September 27th, 2010, 08:26 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Ditto Christin on the ear/forehead thermometer. After Claire got her first shots, I was taking her temp every 20 minutes (SOOO paranoid!).

Extra baby nail clippers are great...I swear they disappear in the middle of the night

Also, we got a regular baby monitor first, and recently got a video monitor instead. I LOVE it! It is so nice to be able to sit at my desk and work while Claire naps, and with the touch of a button, I can peek at her and make sure she's okay, and I don't have to go clear across the house and upstairs.

Since you are having a winter baby...hats!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

September 27th, 2010, 08:36 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They say the rectal is the most accurate...but ummm yeah it was AWFUL sticking that in my sons bum with him screaming his head off..me afraid that I was going to puncture him some how...and nasty vaseline everywhere...YUCK lol

we could never get him to be still enough for the arm pit..and dh refused to hold him down..so we gave up on that as well.

we bought a forehead one and it was dead on with what the ER nurse got doing rectal, although the Ear I have found is not as accurate.

September 27th, 2010, 08:50 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Seems you have a great registry going on!
Congrats!! SO excited for you, girl!!!
September 27th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
Using any aftermarket products that aren't included with the seat or were approved by the manufacture can void the warranty if you are in a crash, you need to check the car seats manual to make sure they even allow the pads. Brian's got leather seats in his truck and honestly we've had no issues with just the car seat on the seat. Seat Protectors: Safe for Use or Vile, Evil Predators against Our Innocent Children?

They say not to use the mirrors too since those can be projectiles, but we have to use one. Coby lately has gotten to chewing on his fingers to the point of gagging. When he gags he throws up without making a noise.

I second the FP Rock n' Play. Coby still uses his. I bought this Tiny Love Musical Take Along Arch : Target to go over it so he can have toys to play with. You can take the toys off that come with it once baby gets board of them and with Link-a-Doos you can put other toys on.

For a monitor we have this one Safety 1st True View Color Video Monitor - Safety 1st - Babies "R" Us . I really like it. It's nice to be able to see if the noises he's making are just settling back to sleep or he's awake. Also that way you aren't accidentally waking baby up to check.

Also a Sound machine is a MUST! We have this one and love it Graco Sound Machine with MP3 Plug-in Port, Nightlight, Timer : Target . DH and I are so used to it now when Coby moves into his own room I think we'll have to get one for our room LOL.

made by BAM

September 27th, 2010, 11:23 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
Don't know if i saw a baby monitor? How about a changer pad?

September 27th, 2010, 11:47 AM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAY KARI this is so exciting!!!! I registered a couple weeks ago. Do you have a baby bath on the registery? Also, everyone told me "get a ton of long sleeved onsies". Not sure if I overlooked the highchair.

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
September 27th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
You will LOVE your moby, I think its my #1 suggestion to any momma. It will really help you bond and if she is fussy

I didn't see a carseat or stroller in there, do you already have those?

September 27th, 2010, 01:17 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
VERY exciting, Kari!!! Maybe I missed it (can't remember) but do you have a shower planned, etc.???

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

September 27th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
I am just starting my registery now for our little man. I am doing our BRU one all online as we dont have one close. And then I think this week we will go to Target and WalMart so everyone has choices. haha I feel like an idiot though..I have no clue what to get...do I get a travel system or a stroller and car seat seperately etc..etc...
Oh well! haha Yours looks great from what I saw and everyone added the suggestions I could think of already.

September 27th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
Lurking/Stalking whatever you want to call me. You joined TTC w/MA right before I stepped down as co-host so I am always checking in. I am so excited for you!! Glad you are finally getting your baby!!

I wanted to add a few things here as DD#1 is just 1 with DD#2 due in Dec. These are just my thoughts on what I have found over the year.

The space saver high chair is GREAT for saving space but the tray is so much smaller! I actually just bought a big high chair. We use the space saver one more but the bigger tray is nice to have!!

With using a swaddle/Halo (which I totally loved having) we did not use the warm warm fleece PJs for DD and we don't live far from you in WI so it gets pretty cold here. But with the swaddle and PJs on she stayed pretty warm.

I know someone suggested lots of NUKs yes! I am not sure where all of DD's go she has at least 20 and I can only ever find maybe 5.

Noise mader thing that plays rain/heart beat ect... Is a great thing too. DD will not sleep without her's on.

Wipe Warmer used for 3 days then never plugged in. I really didn't care for the thing even though others swear by it.

I don't see a bottle warmer which like the wipe warmer for some people not others.... I used mine everyday and loved it! The newer ones are really quick to warm the bottle.

I think that is all I can think about right now. But registering for a first is so hard not knowing what you will and won't use so I wanted to help.

Again Congrats and I am so excited for you!!

Do not mention on FB
September 27th, 2010, 02:24 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
Oh, Soothie Pacifiers ROCK!

And Caiden (and I lol) both loved the drop in liner bottles.

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search