UPDATED Clomid and cysts (X-posted)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2010, 07:29 AM
SKGirl's Avatar Regular
I don't post on here often but thought someone might be able to answer my question. On my 2nd cycle of clomid I had a 4 cm cyst on CD14. I had another u/s on CD5 of my current cycle and the cyst grew to 6 cm so I had to sit out this cycle. I am now 10 days later than my average 26 day cycle. Do cysts usually make your cycle really long?? How long do I wait with no af and still getting BFN before I see a doctor??

UPDATE:

I went to see my Dr today and she sent me for b/w to confirm a negative HPT. When the b/w comes back negative she wants me to take Prometrium for 5 days and hopefully 2 days after the last pill af will show. If af does not show by 7 days after taking the last pill, they will have to send me for an u/s to confirm the cyst is still there. If the cyst is still there, then they will have to do a lap to pop? the cyst. I am debating not taking the Prometrium so that they have to pop? the cyst so I know that I don't have to go through all of this again next month. What do you think?? take the prometrium and see what happens or not take it and get rid of this cyst????

PS Thank you for all of your responses

Currently TTC#4

Last edited by SKGirl; September 29th, 2010 at 04:13 PM.
September 28th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Super Mommy
I don't have much experience with clomid since I did so poorly on it the first cycle my doctor had me on it. But I would go ahead and take a HPT if you are late. I hope it is a BFP!!

3 failed fresh IVFs, 1 failed FET
Surprise BFP in 12/10 after acupuncture & herbs!!
1 beautiful, perfect daughterl!

September 28th, 2010, 09:49 AM
*KittyCat*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i know that women that have polycystic ovary syndrome can have long and wacky cycles. But also some women have simple ovarian cysts and their cycles are as regular as clockwork.

I did three months of clomid and my cycles changed, before taking it my cycles were about 34-35 days, on clomid for the three months they were 30,28 and 31.

do they say it's a cyst and not follie?

September 28th, 2010, 12:24 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, cysts can stall AF from coming.
I would call you doctor a week after AF was due & you get a BFN & he may put you on Provera.
Good luck!
September 28th, 2010, 04:55 PM
SKGirl's Avatar Regular
Thanks for the advice. I will take an HPT with FMU tomorrow morning and then call the doctor if it is a BFN. I have not been diagnosed with PCOS or endo only unexplained secondary infertility so far (I have a 14 mth old DD).

They did call it a cyst and said that I will have to take a MA break until it has shrunk or resolved itself.

Currently TTC#4

Last edited by SKGirl; September 28th, 2010 at 05:03 PM.
September 28th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If your HPT is negative, I would talk with your DR about getting on BCP for a while to help the cyst shrink. If not, it can take some time to do so on it's own. Good luck!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search