O/T - Anyone have LASIK surgery?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Super Mommy
I've been thinking about getting LASIK surgery done so I don't have to wear contacts anymore. I wish it wasn't $4K though!
September 30th, 2010, 07:31 AM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
I had it done about 4 years ago. I LOVE my eyes now! I have a little problem with night vision but I did before the surgery as well. It was a piece of cake, really. You feel nothing. A little pressure, thats it. Afterwards, your eyes are a little tender, kind of like when you see a movie in the afternoon and then go back outside and everything is super bright. I just wanted to keep my eyes closed for a few hours.I have absolutely no regrets.

[/url
September 30th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
I had PRK done which is the older "version" of LASIK. My corneas were borderline for LASIK so the surgeon wanted to do PRK because if they had to go in and make a correction they would not have been able to. PRK is like LASIK except the recovery is much more painful and longer. Cost me 2200 in 07 and it was the BEST 2200 dollars ever. The surgery already paid for itself in glasses/contact/eye exam/solution cost.

I had dry eye before PRK, and it got worse after though. For the first year i needed eye drops every single morning. Now, its not so bad.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
September 30th, 2010, 10:13 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been wanting to do it as well, but I have heard you have to get it redone every couple years.
After I hard that, I never looked into it again.
September 30th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My DH had lens implants instead of lasik, apparently his eyes were "too bad" & he's had 20/20 vision ever since surgery & wishes he would have done this years ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 30th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Super Mommy
I had it 8+ years ago and it was the best thing that I ever did for myself. I regretted not doing it earlier! I haven't been back to the doctor since being cleared after Lasik! I was told that I would probably need reading glasses years on down the road, but no signs of it yet!

If your company participates in healthcare reimbursement, sign up for the amount and do it the first of the year. That is what I did.

3 failed fresh IVFs, 1 failed FET
Surprise BFP in 12/10 after acupuncture & herbs!!
1 beautiful, perfect daughterl!

September 30th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had Lasik done a year ago and absolutely love it. I have had no complications - any haloing I have now is no worse than I had before with contacts. And there's no reason you should need to get it redone every couple years unless your eyesight is still significantly changing - but if you've had roughly the same prescription for the last few years, you're probably fine. And when we turn 40-ish, we'll probably need reading glasses anyway (so that's the only "surprise" for some people - that they still need glasses when they get older).

After I got mine, DH (who never even WANTED Lasik before) saw how awesome it was and he just got his done this summer, and is thrilled with the results.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search