Why does it work like this?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2010, 01:20 PM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can someone please explain to me how a single, 19 (almost 20) year old, can be about to give birth to her THIRD child and I cannot even get my body to carry ONE? I hate to post another one of these vents, but whatever...im mad/sad/angry and I cant help it. This persons children ALL have different fathers! I will never, ever understand why these people can have endless children and NEVER worry about miscarriage, and people like us can suffer for years and years trying to have one.

And another thing....WHY ARE PEOPLE SOOOOOO INSENSITIVE? Unfortunately, my SIL came across my old blog about TTC and read about a couple of our losses and an IUI and all kinds of other stuff. Can you believe she sent my DH a message saying how babies need you 24/7 and your life is never the same, oh and here's the kicker....she told him how much her daughters father is paying her in child support and that DH should be prepared for that?!? Are you kidding me? Not only is she hinting that we need to think about if were ready or not for kids, but she is implying my husband and I will be getting a divorce? This cant be real... Who would do that? People who havent been through loss or TRYING to have a baby (not an accidental pregnancy) will never understand the pain. Sometimes I have to get up and walk away from babies and pregnant women, thats how hard it is...

Okay...im done I promise.
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

September 30th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
your SIL is crazy. I have had people say stuff like that to me. Like when I complain about having no one to take my dogs when we go on vacation. They always say that babies are even harder. NOT TRUE, I can't take my baby on vacation.

Did you dh say anything to her?

September 30th, 2010, 01:57 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All I can say is WOW.
Your sister-in-law is on my bad-list & I don't even know her.
I'm so sorry, hun. God, people piss me off with their stupid comments!
I hope your husband told her to screw off....What a bold thing to say!
I know, sometimes it gets too hard to handle. I have "hid" plenty of my friends on FB due to them being pregnant. I think we are entitled.
Big hugs!
September 30th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah_S View Post

Did you dh say anything to her?
See, here's the thing...him and his sister barely speak. He is an extremely non-drama laid back kind of guy and for awhile there she had a lot of drama in her life and he backed away. And since then they barely speak even at family get togethers and such. She finally messaged him a couple days ago asking why he wont talk to her...etc. He messaged her and explained his side of the story and she messaged back, with what we both took as all kinds of blows towards us. So we both got pretty angry and he pretty much just said he's done, shes not rational, and she doesnt know what goes on in our personal life...etc. So were both just kind of done with the situation, its still really hurtful though to see all that and hope that she isnt tellling the family all this stuff now I dont want ANYONE to know were TTC...and the last people I want knowing are Jasons family just because I feel stupid. Its so frustrating.

Im probably going to come back and delete this all at some point because I remember specifically mentioning JM in that blog and im scared she's gonna come looking for me on here
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

September 30th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Veteran
Unbelieveable! I'm sorry that you're having to deal with insensitive, unsupportive family members in addition to dealing with all of the stressors that come with infertility. Thinking of you!!
September 30th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh! Vent away... after all that, you are more than entitled! I have the sudden urge to do bodily harm to your SIL. So sorry you have to deal with that! Big hugs!

September 30th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG Ashley, I don't even know what to say! I mean, I know what I want to say but JM would probably end up deleting and blocking me! I'm so sorry

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 30th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy

How insensitive! I'm glad that you guys have stepped back from her. I agree that you should take down the post just in case.
September 30th, 2010, 07:35 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
I say leave it up so she can read how horribly insensitive she is being from more than one person

That is just crazy talk by the way... I think people should have to pass a tests to breed lol. drug tests, psychological testing etc... kidding ofcourse... well, kinda

Sorry about the insensitivity though I know how hard it is.
September 30th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
WOW!! i really dont have the words to say..how much i agree..and how angry your sil made me!! Some people!!

My mil (knowing we have severe male factor) insists i get treatment..WHAT??? really???? Some inlaws!

Hang in there sweetie..i know easier said then done..its so hard..i know im right there with ya!! BIG HUGE HUGS!
September 30th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow... just W.O.W.

I have no words.

HUGS to you and your DH for having to put up with that. It's just crazy how idiotic some people can be.

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

September 30th, 2010, 09:56 PM
sweetdreamer1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
soo unfair..!boo hooo

My BFP Chart
pregnancy/baby blog pw. 0000

September 30th, 2010, 10:34 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
oooooooooo I would be LIVID with my SIL if she did something like that!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't be able to even look at her! I'm sorry

October 1st, 2010, 04:20 AM
hollann1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i cant believe how rude she was, im so sorry you have to go through that.

** Thank you Oona for the awesome siggy**
October 1st, 2010, 07:26 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow she sounds nutty...and jealous probably that her brother has a stable relationship.

I think you should be prepared that your family is going to find out about your TTC...she doesnt sound like the type of person to keep that to herself...and she will probably direct them to your blog.

October 1st, 2010, 07:45 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, your SIL really knows how to be rude and insensitive. She is so not worth any more of your time spent being angry or worrying about what she does/doesn't see. Why do people not have the tiniest bit of compassion??????
October 1st, 2010, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *CAMM* View Post
wow she sounds nutty...and jealous probably that her brother has a stable relationship.

I think you should be prepared that your family is going to find out about your TTC...she doesnt sound like the type of person to keep that to herself...and she will probably direct them to your blog.
I deleted the blog as soon as I found out someone had found it. Im hoping and praying she has a stroke of kindness and decides not to tell anyone....im sure she'll at least tell his mom

October 1st, 2010, 09:52 AM
~Lynda~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
all i think of when i hear stories like yours is that ther person saying the "sh*t" is just jealous! that's why they discourage you. jealousy!!! hugs girl, i'm sorry for the crazies!!

October 1st, 2010, 12:39 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm just seeing this, Ash! I'm so so sorry you are dealing with this! I'm so mad for you-- that's just not right!!!!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 41 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- August 2014: All but 7 cycles on BCP due to endometriosis.

IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever. EDD 8/18/15

October 1st, 2010, 04:26 PM
Super Mommy
Wow I am really sorry - totally understand and it's frustrating to have things like that said to you - believe me my dh MIL and SIL said so many terrible thing I was physically ill! All I can say is that you are a much better person that she will ever be Hugs))))

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search