Hello!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Super Mommy
Hey everyone! I am Angie (32). I have been on the ttc year + for a few months and thought it might be a good idea to jump over here as well. I just had a follow up appointment today and the doctor prescribed a round of clomid once I am done with my cycle. DH and I have been ttc for just over a year now. I am not regularly ovulating and the DH had some abnormal sperm. I have never even heard of abnormal sperm before?!?! The doctor said that he had a good count and motility, but there was a certain percentage that was abnormal. DH has an appointment scheduled with the urologist just to get everything double checked. This doctor didn't seem to be concerned about it though. Of course, it's not exactly his area of expertise! I have heard some stories about the clomid and am a little apprehensive about it, but I know the end result is the prize!! I look forward to getting to know you ladies!
September 30th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Angie! Welcome! I'm Leah (30), DH and I are TTC #2 (for what seems like forever) - and I'm also on my 2nd round of clomid. It did the trick for me when DS was conceived so hopefully I'll have luck this time around too. The girls here are incredibly knowledgeable and supportive so jump in with questions. Also, check out TTC w/ male infertility board and I'm sure ladies over there can help you understand your DH's diagnoses. Lots of luck to you!!

September 30th, 2010, 05:29 PM
jesridge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Angie, I'm Jes (26). Welcome!

I wouldn't worry a whole lot about Clomid (at least at first!) I tried a few rounds of Clomid, and it wasn't too bad. I didn't get crazy emotional on it, but I did have a lot of hot flashes after the 2nd month. I'm taking a break from it for now since I O on my own (but late, I guess.) My DH has a bit of abnormal sperm as well, but he's close enough to normal that the doctor didn't seem too concerned, either. He had to see a urologist who gave him an ultrasound of his boys (which he was totally scarred from!). They found a very small varicocele, and said surgery wouldn't change much, so here we are with not a lot more answers, but lots of medical options as far as TTC goes. Fun fun!

Hope you aren't here long!

Born 12/30/11 and absolutely perfect!

September 30th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks Ladies! I did take your advice Leah and have asked some of the ladies on the male infertility board as well about the abnormal sperm. Jes, I really did laugh out loud about how your DH is scarred from the ultrasound! Sounds like what might happen to mine as well! He went with me today for our follow-up appointment and you would have thought waiting on the doctor was going to kill him! I realize that he was one of about three men in the waiting room, but he is going to have to do better!

Good luck to both of you as well!!
September 30th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
WELCOME! Im Jessie and DH is Santos. We too were suffering from severe male factor..and dh had abnormal sperm (morphology) his were .5% then 3 months later 0% then its been 15 months (we have been ttc 3 years) and his finally went up to 16%!!! ( he lost some weight, cut wayy back on alcohol..took vit c,d&,e) They checked to see if he had any blockages and stuff but nothing! So there is hope..in the beginning they gave us clomid but unmonitored..it was awful..so make sure they monitor you! I wish you the best!! good luck!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
September 30th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome to the group! This is a great place to come for support and advice regarding all things MA. I hope that you get some better answers from the urologist... but whatever the case may be, I hope we are shipping you off to a DDC very soon!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

October 1st, 2010, 04:54 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm Amanda (33). Clomid worked for us last year! GL!!!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search