TTC w/Acupunture & Chinese Herbs

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2010, 09:51 AM
Hi all,

I have just joined and am happy to be here. my husband and I have been ttc for 5+ years. I live in the Orlando area and have heard some great things about how acupunture and chinese herbs have helped some women over 40 to conceive; especially when used in concert with IVF. Is anyone aware of an acupuncturist in the Orlando area that has yielded positive results? There are a lot of options, but I want to do my best to pick the rght one.

Happy Friday!
MommySWC
October 1st, 2010, 10:00 AM
jesridge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any suggestions to offer, but I did want to swing by and say hi and welcome. Best of luck to you!

Born 12/30/11 and absolutely perfect!

October 1st, 2010, 10:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi & welcome!! I actually did acupuncture last cycle along with 50mg of clomid - I didn't even ovulate. Grr! I O'd this cycle though - and feel as if the acupuncture contributed to it. I'll let you know in about a week if I get a BFP. I know some of the girls here have had quite a bit of success with acupuncture so hopefully they will chime in. GL! Don't be a stranger!

October 1st, 2010, 10:48 AM
Jenn in DC's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi and welcome! I just started acupuncture and herbs a few weeks ago (just had my third treatment this morning). I am in Washington DC so can't recommend anyone in your area but hope you find someone great. The acupuncturist that I am going to specializes in fertility issues and I think that it a definite plus. So far I've been really happy with the whole experience.

Something you may be interested in is a book that she recommended to me this morning. It's called Making Babies -A Proven 3-Month Program for Maximum Fertility (Amazon.com: Making Babies: A Proven 3-Month Program for Maximum Fertility (9780316024501): Sami S. David, Jill Blakeway: Books). It's written by an RE and an accupuncturist and she said that is does a very good job of explaining how acupunture and herbs can complement traditional treatments. I just ordered it on-line a few hours ago so can't comment personally on how good it really is. Anyone else read this?

Good luck and let us know how your experience with acupuncture goes! I hope it gets you the BFP you've been waiting for!

Jenn

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #13 - 15= IUIs with Clomid & Gonal F - All BFNs
Cycle #16 -21 - Natural Cycles, started acupuncture and chinese herbs - BFN
Cycle #22 - IVF Clinical Trial. Cycle Cancelled.
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
Cycle #26 Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage
Cycle #27 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!!
Due Date: July 20th
Aven Robert Born on August 4th
October 1st, 2010, 11:13 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Another great book is The Fertility Cure by Dr. Randine Lewis. I found my acupuncturist after reading the book since she'd been trained by Dr. Lewis. It took me 3 cycles to get prego after starting acupuncture. We'd done 5 rounds of clomid, some with trigger shot and IUI with no success. The acupuncture lengthened my LP, shortened my cycle and made my ovulate much earlier in my cycle.

Good luck!

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

October 1st, 2010, 11:18 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I agree someone that specializes in fertility acupuncture is key. There is an acupuncturist here that works with one of the top REs in this area. She is out of the country for 3 weeks and of course I am ready to get started now. But perhaps the best course of action is to sit tight and wait until she returns.

Also, I am going online right now to buy Making Babies!
October 1st, 2010, 11:22 AM
Jenn in DC's Avatar Super Mommy
Celry - I'd love to hear more about your experience. Did you end up getting your BFP on a natural cycle with acupuncture? I am trying to decide how long to try acupuncture and herbs before moving on to IVF...

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #13 - 15= IUIs with Clomid & Gonal F - All BFNs
Cycle #16 -21 - Natural Cycles, started acupuncture and chinese herbs - BFN
Cycle #22 - IVF Clinical Trial. Cycle Cancelled.
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
Cycle #26 Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage
Cycle #27 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!!
Due Date: July 20th
Aven Robert Born on August 4th
October 1st, 2010, 01:46 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, I got prego with no modern drugs. I was taking chinese herbs and had cut wheat and dairy out of my diet. My acupuncturist took a detailed history and then told me what to cut out of my diet based on that. So many people in my family are allergic to gluten and dairy, so I figured she knew what she was talking about. She told me to expect it to take 3 or 4 cycles before I saw a difference in my cycles, but I started seeing a difference in the first cycle. She wanted to see me once per week for until the first week after I O. The second week of my LP she didn't want to treat me. At first I never had a second week to my LP, so I was going every week. The cycle I got my BFP, I Od on CD21, which was super early for me. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

October 3rd, 2010, 07:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to say welcome to the group! I hope that when the acupuncturist gets back into town you can get started right away!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search