Its official.. Update post 8 Ultrasound results

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2010, 01:55 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
I am now ttc with Med. Assistance. Im hoping that the investigation cycle finds whatever is going on! My first blood work/ultrasound is tomorrow morning, cd3, so is there anything you think I should be asking?
Thanks for your help ladies ...

[/url

Last edited by tobi4; October 2nd, 2010 at 03:05 PM. Reason: update
October 1st, 2010, 03:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the TTC w/ MA board! I hope you get answers soon and find a course of action that gets you that BFP soon! CD3 BW/US is pretty standard - making sure your levels are ok and taking a peak at all your girly parts to make sure all is good (like no cysts, etc) so you can be cleared for medical intervention. My RE is fantastic and gives me a play by play while he's performing the U/S and that helped me understand. Hopefully yours will do the same - and if not, ask them to explain what they are looking for and their findings. Hope this helps! GL to you!

October 1st, 2010, 05:48 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not sure what you should specifically ask but I wanted to wish you luck!!!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
October 1st, 2010, 06:13 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Ask what they are seeing on u/s and if what they see is normal. Ask for what the normal values that they are testing for in BW should be too. You can never ask too many questions
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
October 1st, 2010, 07:56 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriyan View Post
You can never ask too many questions
I agree!! I guess Ill probably figure out the questions I need to ask, as we go along.
Thanks for the well wishes!

[/url
October 1st, 2010, 08:28 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tobi, I am so wishing you at your appointment!

I agree, definitely ask for the normal ranges for your labs... otherwise you can't obsess and google everything to death later

KUP on how the u/s goes!
October 2nd, 2010, 06:57 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tobi - are they testing your FSH levels? It is usually done on CD3. Let us know how it went and how you are doing!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

October 2nd, 2010, 03:03 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy123 View Post
Tobi - are they testing your FSH levels? It is usually done on CD3. Let us know how it went and how you are doing!
Ahhh!!!! Good question Missy! I wish I had seen this before I left this morning but my appointment was at 8am! Im not sure what the blood work was checking! But the ultrasound I can share lol I posted over at ttcal in our cycle groups but Im going to copy it here: Any comments, concerns ... anything, let me know please?

The appointment was good. (I think) The nurse said usually on cd3 you wont see a follie getting bigger yet, but I assume cause I ovulate fairly early thats why I have one. She said they like the lining to be at least 6cm at time of O, and its already that so ... everything looks good. I go back on cd 10(next sat. Oct 9) for bloodwork and ultrasound, should be right before I O!
The ultrasound technician didnt want to tell me anything, since she is a tech, so not knowing my nurse was going to tell me everything, I snuck this pic on my phone when she left the room!!

[/url
October 4th, 2010, 08:37 AM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
I have a question for you ladies. If my uterine lining is 6.3 on cd3 already, is there a maximum amoount that is beneficial for pregnancy? Should I be concerned about it geting too think?

[/url
October 4th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi, I missed this original post but it sounds like you had a good first appointment. It sounds like everything is looking good so far. Not to worry you but on CD3 a follie that is already a 9 might end up being a cyst, I would ask about it next time around.

And as far as the lining goes, there is such a thing as too thick. But it won't necessarily get too thick by mid-cycle. You'll just have to wait and see.

When will you get your b/w results back?

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

October 4th, 2010, 03:12 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari_B View Post
Hi, I missed this original post but it sounds like you had a good first appointment. It sounds like everything is looking good so far. Not to worry you but on CD3 a follie that is already a 9 might end up being a cyst, I would ask about it next time around.

And as far as the lining goes, there is such a thing as too thick. But it won't necessarily get too thick by mid-cycle. You'll just have to wait and see.

When will you get your b/w results back?
Hi Kari!
Ill get my results on Saturday when I go back for the next round of blood and ultrasound. Thats cd10. I usually O on cd11, and I was worried that 9 was large for cd3 but maybe cause I O early, it wont get too big. I hope, fingers crossed! Maybe they are getting too big and thats why O is so painful each month? I guess Ill see how big it is Saturday!
Do you know how thick is too thick? Does it prevent implantation?
Thanks for taking the time to respond, I feel like theres so much I dont know, and need to learn!

[/url

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search