Update on me...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2010, 04:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So, Shantel had another DR's appointment today. Things are going good. Her BP was back down again, so hopefully it will stay there for awhile and we won't have to worry about this baby girl coming too early. Her next appointment isn't for another 3 weeks, so I won't get to hear our baby girl's heartbeat until then. Today it was really loud and hovering from 145-153. She is head down still, and Shantel is getting kicked in the ribs frequently.

We went out to eat lunch afterward. We had really great, easy conversation. Through this whole process she has discovered a LOT out about her birth family. Not sure if I told you guys this or not but Shantel is adopted herself. She has a closed adoption so she knew very little about her birth family. Well, since we have been dealing with the tribal stuff, and trying to get approval from them, we have been in contact with the tribe that we believe Shantel is enrolled in. Through this process, she has been able to find our through the enrollment office who her biological family is and where they are. Just yesterday she got in contact with one of her birth cousins! TODAY she got to talk to her birth cousin on the phone and also her maternal grandma and her maternal great grandma! It was so incredible to see her face light up and be there for such a special moment in her life. Her grandma is going to try and get her birth mom's current phone number, but I guess she moves around a lot so it's difficult to keep track of her. I am so happy for her and to think that NONE of this would have happened had she not chosen adoption for this little baby. She has a lot of unanswered questions and meeting her biological family is going to be so great for her... I can't wait!

Anyway, at lunch she had a gift for me. Her boyfriends mom made a baby blanket for us, it's adorable! AND, her boyfriends mom cut a piece out of the blanket and kept it aside for Shantel to have as a keepsake. I cried, we cried, it was so cute.

After lunch we went to get her some groceries and clothes. As part of our adoption plan she can request some help with some of her pregnancy related expenses. Just this week she finally filled out the information she needed to so that we would know what, if anything she wanted/needed help with. She really had a hard time doing this. She didn't want to request anything, BUT she finally gave in and I'm so happy she did. I know she doesn't have a lot; she's living off of one pair of jeans, a couple pairs of socks, ONE pair of underware and one bra... it's crazy. So, our options were to purchase gift cards for her to go shopping with or if we wanted to we could go shopping together. She said she wouldn't mind going together so we did. We just made a trip to Wal-mart and got her some necessities. It was lots of fun for me, and I tried to keep reassuring her that things were fine... that this was part of the process and that Brian and I are happy we get to help keep the baby comfortable, healthy and growing strong. We don't have to do this all the time, the clothing was a one time deal and the groceries are a once of month thing. We also are going to get her a bus-pass so that she can stop walking to all of her appointments. She walks about 2 miles one way to get to her appointments! I wish I could give her a ride everywhere, but at least this way she can get to places and we don't need to worry about her hurting herself or putting herself into early labor by doing to much.

So, next step from here is an appointment next week Wednesday with our social workers. We will all be there and get an update on the tribal stuff, set up a birth plan and also set up the cooperative agreement. I'm excited to get that stuff all straightened out... that way if the baby does come early we all are on the same page and know what to expect.

Past that is my baby shower in a couple of weeks. I'm excited, and nervous. I really am not good at being the center of attention so hopefully with Shantel there I can divert it all to her and the baby in her tummy!

Oh, and we got some of our stuff for the baby! The crib is set up, we got the bedding in the mail this week and also got the car seat and stroller! I'm so excited! I'm going to make sure I post some pics of the nursery before, and then I'll get pics of all of our cool stuff. I can't wait till it's all put together and ready for our little girl!!!

Alright, I've rambled long enough. Sorry this got so long, I guess I had a lot to say .

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

October 1st, 2010, 05:00 PM
Angel_Maker
WoW! So many great things going on So happy for you and excited TOO! I can't wait to see pics!
October 1st, 2010, 05:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What a fantastic update Kari! I am so thrilled for you that everything is going so well and that you have an incredible birth mother in your life. Your baby girl will be here before you know it!! And of course... KUP!

October 1st, 2010, 05:15 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
I am so happy for you Kari!!! Wish I could come to your shower IRL!
October 1st, 2010, 05:18 PM
LindseyandJoeinAL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kari, you are just so wonderfully blessed! I am truly thrilled for you and know you'll be an AMAZING mommy to this little girl. I love your updates, please continue sharing all the details!
TTC baby #2

lap surgery Apr 2010 stage 2 endo removed
IVF #1 BFN 11/2010
IVF #2 BFP! 12/2010
Wonderful, sweet daughter Khloe born August 2011
FET #1 - Oct 2012 BFN
FET #2 - Dec 2012 BFN
2nd lap surgery Dec 2012 stage 1 endo removed
IUI Apr 2013 cancelled due to producing 10 mature follicles
IUI June 2013 BFN
IVF #3 Sept 2013 BFN
IVF #4 Nov 2013 BFP! on 8dp3dt
Expecting boy/girl twins 8/1/14

October 1st, 2010, 05:20 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Yay! I love happy news. Glad all is going well for you!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
October 1st, 2010, 05:45 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
October 1st, 2010, 06:35 PM
~Landon's Mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am loving all the amazing news around here What a great pick me up after a kind of rotten day!

Little brother!
October 1st, 2010, 07:30 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Kari!! im sooo excited for you! So glad all went well today!! Im praying it continues and that your little girl will bake a little longer!! Im soo darn excited to see pics of your nursery!!! AHHH! your gonna be a mommy!!!
October 1st, 2010, 07:39 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love that she gave you a gift. It's so sweet. You sound really happy and it's wonderful.

Also, A BABY SHOWER!!! Ahhh! That is so exciting!

October 1st, 2010, 07:55 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow Kari, this really leaves me speechless!! I'm so happy your birth mom is so fantastic and letting you be involved in everything! So amazing! I'm so happy for you, and can't wait to see pics of everything you got!

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 1st, 2010, 08:20 PM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
This all sounds so wonderful Kari! I am so so happy for you!!

October 1st, 2010, 08:43 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awesome update! Ya'll are so sweet, I'm glad you all are able to help her...whether it is in your agreement or not, it is a touching thing to do. I was just stunned reading that she barely had any clothes.
October 1st, 2010, 09:06 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Wow, Kari! It sounds like this adoption is a blessing to so many people, and I'm so thrilled that so many wonderful things are happening for you. I love reading these updates...definitely post nursery pics when you can!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

October 1st, 2010, 10:23 PM
amberrose22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to amberrose22 Send a message via Yahoo to amberrose22
Great update!! I keep stalking you!
October 1st, 2010, 10:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad that everything is going well with you and the BM. Keep the updates coming.
October 1st, 2010, 11:21 PM
hollann1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im so glad things are going well!I cant wait to see what you guys all get at the shower!!

** Thank you Oona for the awesome siggy**
October 2nd, 2010, 12:21 AM
sweetdreamer1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
im just soo happy for u dear..!!! i adore ur shantel too the way u describe her makes my eyes water all the time..cos she sound really soo sweet..!!!

My BFP Chart
pregnancy/baby blog pw. 0000

October 2nd, 2010, 06:50 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I cried reading this... I am so happy for you Kari. xoxoxo

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

October 2nd, 2010, 07:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kari, I am so happy for you that this blessing is coming into your life.

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search