medication to help uterian lining?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2010, 10:30 AM
mommy jenn's Avatar Mega Super Mom2Morgan
hi ladies

im a clomid user.

i just recently found out that i have an impending mc and will confirm tomorrow. we would like to start trying again the next cycle after my dnc and i do not want to dwell on the fact of a miscarriage i would rather look forward to trying again.

one thing i do want to speak to my OB tomorrow is something to help my lining.

i will be moving onto 100mg of clomid and im worried that after doing 3 rounds already and now having a dnc i will not have a healthy lining for future implantation.

what is there to help with that?

also i know this might be a stupid question and impossible too but this is my 5th mc. is there anything that is recommened to be taken to help lessen the chances of a mc??

i now have my dh on vitamins which i didnt have before so this might help the chormo side. but is there anything else?

October 3rd, 2010, 10:48 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Really sorry about your losses.

1. to help uterine lining while taking clomid my RE always had me on estrogen pills so clomid days 3-7 and estrogen days 8-7 and my lining was always perfect

2. with so many losses most RE's would suggest genetic testing on both your dh and you, age could be a factor, also egg quality..its really hard to say without testing what might help prevent further miscarriages. If you are having very early losses...right around 4 weeks one possible cause might be low progesterone..but im assuming you are having that tested since you are getting clomid...but if not..taking extra progesterone might help.

October 3rd, 2010, 11:04 AM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
I take estrogen patches Vivelle I think is the brand.

October 3rd, 2010, 11:28 AM
mommy jenn's Avatar Mega Super Mom2Morgan
im only 24
i had my progesterone tested this pregnancy and it was 66 at 16dpo. i am sposed to be about 7 weeks pregnant now and i have had no spotting or cramping so im sure my progesterone is still through the roof.

my probably may be egg related (i ovulate late even on clomid) or it could be genetic.

i will speak to him about the estrogen pills and see what he says.

October 3rd, 2010, 11:43 AM
Angel_Maker
I'm sorry for your losses.

I would definitely suggest testing if you have had that many m/c. You may need progesterone supplements or estrogen.

Good luck to you and KUP
October 3rd, 2010, 11:51 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
So sorry to hear about your losses.

Clomid really ruined my lining, so my RE gave me an injection of estrogen to help thicken the lining. The shot always made it thick enough, but I have no idea if the Clomid affects the quality of the lining...I always wondered if it was possible that my IUIs didn't work because the lining was lousy quality even if it was thick enough.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

October 3rd, 2010, 07:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry for your losses. When I was on clomid I usually took estrace to help with my lining.

I would also have to echo the other ladies about getting some testing done. They might be able to narrow down why this keeps happening to you.

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search