I'm about to crack! (XPost) **JACK UPDATE #14**

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2010, 09:58 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
I'm beyond stressed out right now, I just want to cry! So the stress with my cat has just complied with a lot. I wish we could afford to take him to the emergency vet, but with me not working it's not possible. If he was worse today(he was a bit better) my mom said they would have paid for it and just had us pay them back. I've applied for a few jobs but only had 1 interview. I don't know what happened with that since at the interview the lady was talking about starting dates, pay, and normally stuff they tell you over the phone when you are hired. The next day I got a rejection letter in the mail.

Anyways to tomorrow I have to get up at 7am to call the vet and take him in right away. My dad offered to watch Coby, but the issue is my dad goes to the Dr at 9am. I know he won't want to take Coby with him. So I've got to bring Coby with me to the Vet. Then tomorrow night DH and I have a car seat safety class. I know most of the stuff they are teaching I already know, but it's good for DH plus we'll get 2 convertible seats for $70 (the class plus seat is $35 each). We plan on putting on in my mom's car, our back up bucket seat in my dad's truck (currently in my mom's car), and using the extra as a back up. When Coby out grows the bucket we plan on moving the back up into my dad's truck.

Then Tuesday I have an ultrasound at 9am. A week ago past Friday I started getting a pain in my upper right side, right under my ribs. It was a dull achy pain till I ate then it was like a stabbing pain. I was on Byetta a shot to help with blood sugars. I was taking it 2x a day till the pain started. I went down to 1x a day since I was going to be seeing my Dr the following Thursday. Well Thursday they called and said the Dr was sick. I mentioned to the phone nurse the pain. She said she was going to talk to my other Dr right away and call me back. I got called back to get in for lab ASAP and I was scheduled to see my Dr at 9am Friday. They were worried I had pancirtitus (SP) since the Byetta can cause that. I go in Friday and was told that the labs were normal and she thinks my gallbladder is acting up again. The soonest they could get me in for an ultrasound was Tuesday and she said if anything remotely looks odd with it she wants it to be removed ASAP.

On top of all this AF arrived Saturday morning. I now also have to call the fertility clinic because the Dr wanted me to come in after she arrived to make sure all the lining is coming out since I had super thick lining. I can't remember if he wanted it after AF arrived or after she left. I'm hoping after so I can do that Wed morning. I'm sure there is more things going on this week that I'm forgetting about due to being super stressed.

So about the cat since I didn't post it here just in my DDC. Saturday afternoon when I got home from shopping I noticed he was squatting a lot and licking his penis. He ended up peeing on Coby's bouncer which is not like Jack. He's still eating drinking. For the night we put him in the entry way with his bed, food, water, and a litter box. He ended up pooping on the rug, peeing a bit on the floor, and some pee in the litter box. Jack is one of those cats that pees like 3 times a day but when he does he pees like a horse. Well all the little pittles in the box are about what one normal one would be. We kept a close eye on him all day (Sunday). I tried calling the emergency vet Saturday night but they wanted a CC number to charge me $50 to just ask a question. My BFF has taken animals there before and she said they charge an arm an a leg. She paid $75 for antibiotics for her cat that a normal vet only charges $20 for. Our vet opens at 7am on Monday so I'll be calling them right away to get him in. Other than the squatting and peeing on the bouncer he's been acting normal.

made by BAM

Last edited by Kobain's Mommy; October 5th, 2010 at 09:00 PM.
October 4th, 2010, 02:40 AM
eccomi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i think your cat has a UTI (bladder infection). cats will pee in odd places to "let you know." it's painful for them (as it is for us) but it's easily remedied with antibiotics.

as for the rest, keep your chin up. i know it's hard when there a zillion things to do/be done. my advice is to make a list and start prioritizing (when i'm stressed i start feeling scattered and this is the best thing for me!).

sending you big ... hang in there!

cycles 1-16: TTC naturally, all BFNs
cycle 17 & 18: not TTC (due to diagnostic tests)
october 14: RE appt with follow-up hysteroscopy + saline sonogram... TUBES ARE CLEAR!
cycle 19, 20 & 21: natural TTC cycles = BFNs
cycle 22: another natural cycle, but preparing for our first IUI with injectables for cycle 23! FINALLY!!!
FEBRUARY 10th... our very first when we least expected it!!!

october 26th... our little miracle arrived via c-section at 12:19pm weighing 3.920 kilos! we are in love.
October 4th, 2010, 02:45 AM
demumbran0516's Avatar Veteran
First off Im sorry about the job, ITS THEIR LOSS! Second, most cats are very picky. Case in point, my moms cat would always pee in my bed, on my carpet, anything that had my scent. The vet told my mom that the cat didn't like me and that was her way of saying that I had invaded her space. Hopefully your cat is having the same problem. A lot of changes have happened and maybe it feels that someone or something has invaded its space. I really hope you get your answer. Keep your head up.
October 4th, 2010, 04:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Bless your heart ((HUGS)).

I agree with the pp that it sounds like your kitty has a UTI, those are the classic signs of one.
October 4th, 2010, 04:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry Nicole... I wish I could take some of your stresses away. I would put money on your cat having a UTI. My cat had one about a year ago now, started licking his penis a lot and even growling while doing it, like he was uncomfortable. He was on antibiotics for two weeks and is now on a special diet to keep his PH in check so it doesn't happen again.

As for the job, I hope something comes up soon for you guys. I know how stressful money issues can be, hopefully you'll be able to find something soon.

I hope they figure out the pain in your side. It would suck to have to have surgery right now for your gallbladder. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that it's something simple and cheap!

Hang in there hun, I know it all seems like too much to handle at the moment,, but you'll get through this.

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

October 4th, 2010, 06:05 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry you're feeling stressed. I hope things start calming down for you soon
October 4th, 2010, 07:24 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You poor thing :/
You sure do have alot on your plate right now!
I hope you are able to find your dream job soon!
I hope your cat just has a simple UTI so you don't have to pay out of the butt.
I hope nothing is seriously wrong when you go to your U/S.
I just hope life starts looking up for you!!
Big hugs!!
October 4th, 2010, 09:16 AM
LindseyandJoeinAL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You poor thing, I am so sorry all these stressful issues are going on at once. I'll say a special prayer for you! ((((HUGS))))
TTC baby #2

lap surgery Apr 2010 stage 2 endo removed
IVF #1 BFN 11/2010
IVF #2 BFP! 12/2010
Wonderful, sweet daughter Khloe born August 2011
FET #1 - Oct 2012 BFN
FET #2 - Dec 2012 BFN
2nd lap surgery Dec 2012 stage 1 endo removed
IUI Apr 2013 cancelled due to producing 10 mature follicles
IUI June 2013 BFN
IVF #3 Sept 2013 BFN
IVF #4 Nov 2013 BFP! on 8dp3dt
Expecting boy/girl twins 8/1/14

October 4th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Got the cat into the vet this morning. He's got a bladder infection and crystal fragments in his pee. The vet said he's seen much worse cases. Although Jack is still there and will have to be there over night. The vet said his worst problem right now is when he does pee he clamps up making it all worse. So they gave him a med to hopefully relax his area. They have him cathoritzed right now with IV fluids. The vet thinks he'll be able to come home tomorrow. But he'll have to be on a speicalized cat food for at least a 2 months if not longer. For everything it will cost about what the ER vet would have costed just to look at him. They asked if I wanted to transfer him to the ER vet over night. It would cost $50 just to drive him across town, then $300 for him to sleep in a cage from 5pm to 7am. I was scared it was going to be over $1500 but it's only $500 so we can deal with that.

I called the RE about AF. I had an ultrasound for that after leaving the vet's office. My lining went from 24mm to 6mm today so she was happy with that. If I don't get my period in 4-6 weeks again I'm supposed to call to get more meds to bring it on again.

As for the galbladder ultrasound it was moved to this afternoon. And I'm STARVING! I can't eat or drink anything till it's over.

Tonight after the class I'm going home and going to bed. I told Brian he can feed Coby tonight. Since he decided at 4am he was wide awake.

made by BAM

October 4th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad to hear that Jack just has a plain old UTI. It sounds just like my cat. I actually have kept my boy on the special diet just to prevent it from happening all over again. I hope when he comes home he is back to his normal self.

Sounds great about your lining... I hope AF cooperates and shows up when she is suppose to!

I would totally have hubby do the evening care as well... eat some good food after your u/s and get some sleep momma!

October 4th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, you do have a lot going on! Big to you!! I'm so glad you're cat is getting the help he needs and will be home soon. Hope you get great news at your appt this afternoon. Hang in there sweetie.

October 5th, 2010, 09:06 AM
We'll I haven't heard from the vet today so I don't know if that's good or bad.

The US for my gallbladder came back fine so they aren't sure what's going on.

made by BAM

October 5th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope that no news is good news!!! Get better Jack!

And I also hope that they figure out your pains soon too. Hang in there hun!

October 5th, 2010, 09:00 PM
I got a call around 330 this afternoon to come pick him up. They pulled the catheter around noon while leaving the IV in and he had peed 3 times before they called me. He was sent home on antibiotics, some pain meds, and some anti-inflammatory meds. He's also on Royal Canin SO RX wet food he gets daily ( URINARY SO | Royal Canin Veterinary Diet ). I was told to put a bit of tuna water into his water bowl to get him to drink more. We were told as a treat we could also take some of the food he was eating before and soak it in water to feed to him as well. They think it all happened because he doesn't drink enough water. Because he's at the perfect weight and the cat food we are feeding him isn't a low quality one with lots of filler and byproducts. Our cats normally eat "By Nature" cat food that is wheat, corn, and soy free. Occasionally we buy the organic type from the same brand.

Anyways he is home and has to be isolated still to make sure he doesn't get re-blocked. I've cheated and let him out when I could watch him and make sure if he used his and Teffy's box I knew he was still going. He seems happy to be home. Not thrilled with the 5 pills and 2 shots in the mouth a day, but none the less happy to be here. I got him home around 530pm and had to go to my parents' place. I didn't get home till 9pm and he tipped the box over so litter was all over the floor. But the good news was there was 5 average sized pee spots in the litter on the floor. I told Brian so he cleaned up the mess and brought up a bigger litter box I didn't know we had. If we notice he's having problems again to call the vet ASAP. The good news was the block wasn't a full block and it was almost to the tip of the urithera(SP). He goes back in in about 2 weeks to be rechecked for the crystals.

made by BAM

October 6th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad he is home, safe and sound!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search