A progesterone question

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2010, 12:40 PM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
Hi ladies My name is Sonica I stop by from time to time to see how everything is goin and take he to all the wonderful advice. But I dont know if yall recall my last question bout progesterone doc took my levels on cd 19 i belive 3dpo and it was 7.92 he said it was 2 low and then put me on clomid well i took another test at 3dpo and my progesterone is 24.42 thats still good right for being on clomid. My question do progesterone drop at sometime during your cycle. like if he would have checked my level at 7dpo like he was suppose to would it have been higher r lower?

Thanks bonnie for my siggie

October 4th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Your progesterone will peak at 7dpo. It would be higher around then, and should only be checked at that time as well.

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

October 4th, 2010, 01:01 PM
thanx Kari for the response and i know this but u know u cant tell a dr how to do their job. they think they know everything but he is the only dr in my town that deals with fertiltiy.

October 4th, 2010, 01:06 PM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
Ugh I am sorry your doctor wont listen to you. But actually you CAN tell a doctor how to do his job. You are his client and if you ask for a specific test they should do it whether they think you need it or not. We need to be our own advocate for stuff like this. Good luck hon!

October 4th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Grr! How frustrating! A bunch of us here have dealt with something similar because we don't "fit the mold" of a normal cycle. I don't know why docs think that all women are alike and have perfect 28 day cycles and ovulate on the exact same day we are supposed to. We feel your pain! Hope you get answers or a more knowledgeable doc soon. GL!

October 4th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know it's tough, but you do have to speak up for yourself. You are paying them lots of money for these treatments, it's important to voice your concerns whenever you feel you need to. Even if he keeps insisting on doing 3dpo b/w, ask for 7dpo b/w too... can't hurt to ask! Also, if you are charting, bring those in so they can SEE what you are talking about as far as when you are Oing... while my DR could care less about my charting, once he saw them he realized we needed to do more testing.

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

October 4th, 2010, 01:25 PM
yea u r sooo right.... if i dont get preg this cycle i am sooo gone tell him what i want to do next... thanx ladies

October 4th, 2010, 05:01 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto Kari! GL & I know how it is to have to find a dr that actually listens to you. It's so frustrating!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search