CD3 visit, started injections tonight !!! ( loss men)x-posted

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Super Mommy
Hey yall,
So I had my CD 3 appointment today . It was with a new dr at the same japanese clinic that I see the american dr but my normal dr was out of town .. I could have waited to see him but then I would have missed this month .. I have already waited 4 months since my loss, so I just could not bear to wait another month .. They said I could switch back when my normal doc was back in town next week . So he drew blood for FSH,LH Prolactin and progesterone .He did not however do a baseline ultrasound where as my normal doc always does one . My normal dr does not, however do the bloodwork every cycle... the dr today was like, ok so what do you want to do? ....Hmmm.. while it was nice to have a dr listen, it almost seemed like he did not care what we did . So IIII told him that I wanted to do pure FSH injections 150 IU CDs 3,4,5,6 and go in on day 7 for an ultrasound .. He said "ok,I normally only do injections everyother day for my pcos patients but we will do it your way" . He did agree to let me do the progesterone suppositories once I have the IUI 200mg 2x a day and I had to agree to let him draw estradol( spelling, I know).. He would not let me buy all of the meds for the entire cycle which kind of stunk because it is easier to plan bills if I do it that way but what ever.. Last time I got powder vials that I had to mix.. this time I got premixed vials... Did not think anything of it... Got to the register to pay and the bill was 795, I was like.. about to faint.. They don't speak very good english but they figured out it was the injections that were so expensive.. I had already had one shot at the office so it was to late to take that back but they let me switch it to the powder.. I think the DR was annoyed with me but.... My normal bill when my normal dr let me buy all of the meds( minus HCG) is 279 . that included all of my meds(10 75 IU FSH vials plus everything needed to administer shots )ultrasound,office visit ... Not bad.. Normal office visits are 115 , including ultrasound and office visit.. Todays total ended up being around 550, for office visit, 8 vials of 75 IU FSH and 4 blood tests . Now I realize that it could be a good thing to have the blood work done again, since the last time it was done was early april before my loss .. That cycle got scrapped because I did not grow follies , but the cycle he did directly after that was the one where I got pregnant with the twins I lost and he did not do any blood work that cycle.. So I am not sure... I guess the main thing is the cost.. I want it doen right and I know I have to pay for it but he seems to think that because insurance pays for it he tries to sell more then what is needed,,,,, like past the blood tests.. but I still have to prepay it.. I know I am lucky to have it covered... I guess it was just the sticker shock.. So I am not sure if I should switch or not or stick with him for this enitre cycle.. what do you guys think??? I am just so nervous... I need this to work.. Yeah my normal dr did less blood work and what not but he got me pregnant... or rather his treatments did... I am silly.. I just don't like change I guess.. and I am tense about the cost of treatment.. We only can do so much and I want to make sure this works.. After I lost the twins it is so much harder each month to wonder.. Am I ..? or Am I not.. Sorry for the long rant guys !!! Any advice woudl be wonderful! Also, our last IUI worked first try.. Should I have a good chance this time? For somereason I am bopping between it will work and it won't work I am trying to be positive though
October 6th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't know what to tell you about switching DR's... I think only you can decide what you feel comfortable with.

I hope that after all this, you get to celebrate a BFP this cycle!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

October 6th, 2010, 08:47 AM
sweetdreamer1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh hun its bad when the charges go so high..!!! hope this cycle all goes well n u get ur bfp..so it all pays well..!!!good luck for this cycle..!

My BFP Chart
pregnancy/baby blog pw. 0000

October 6th, 2010, 03:42 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search