Home from retrieval **update in post 1**

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2010, 02:53 PM
LindseyandJoeinAL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We got 15 eggs!! Hooray!

I'm still a little woozy, but here's how it went:

I had to drop my car off at the repair shop first thing this morning. A buggy hit the passenger side in the WalMart parking lot, so I've been waiting for a time when I had a few days to have it fixed. Now seemed to be the perfect time. DH picked me up a the body shop and upon entering his car, I practically barfed! He KNOWS I hate onions and he had eaten a breakfast burrito filled with onions. The stench was all over the car, on his breath, hands, clothes....I wanted to KILL him for doing that!

We got to the hospital and I very nicely asked him to please go buy a toothbrush in the gift shop and brush his teeth and wash his hands before I puked everywhere. He was a little pissy that I requested that, so we got in a tiff. Of all days!! He finally agreed to do so and leaned in to kiss me, but the rank onion smell was still there and I started gagging and almost threw up. He brushed and washed again and it helped some.

I am in the pre op room waiting to go back and I start crying. I feel like DH has no clue what I'm going through, isn't sympathetic enough, he's cracking jokes and I'm lying there with a needle in my arm, bruises all over my stomach from weeks of injections and scared to death this won't work.....again. Maybe I'm just hormonal. Maybe it's the onions. Maybe it's the IV needle stuck in my arm. Who knows, but I wasn't a happy camper this morning.

It's finally over and I'm very happy about my 15 eggs. They only got 11 last time, so every little improvement helps!

Sorry for the rant and negativity. I'll be happy again tomorrow when I hear from the embryologist. Here's hoping and praying for 100% fertilization!

**UPDATE**
Thank you all for your sweet comments. It makes me feel better knowing I don't have the only insensitive husband. I always feel badly when I say mean things about DH because overall, he's a sweetie pie. This is just a rough process and I expect extra love and appreciation. He DID cook dinner last night though and wait on me hand and foot. Wooo hooo!

Now for the good part, 7 of my eggs fertilized and the embryologist said they look better this time than last. She and my RE said they want to push me to day 5 if at all possible. I told her to please keep my embies in a super special spot and she said they were in the brand new incubator! Hooray!

I'll know more each day and will happily share my progress with you all, my wonderful friends.
TTC baby #2

lap surgery Apr 2010 stage 2 endo removed
IVF #1 BFN 11/2010
IVF #2 BFP! 12/2010
Wonderful, sweet daughter Khloe born August 2011
FET #1 - Oct 2012 BFN
FET #2 - Dec 2012 BFN
2nd lap surgery Dec 2012 stage 1 endo removed
IUI Apr 2013 cancelled due to producing 10 mature follicles
IUI June 2013 BFN
IVF #3 Sept 2013 BFN
IVF #4 Nov 2013 BFP! on 8dp3dt
Expecting boy/girl twins 8/1/14

Last edited by LindseyandJoeinAL; December 15th, 2010 at 07:38 AM. Reason: update
December 14th, 2010, 03:03 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I totally sympathize with you! Sometimes during the ttc w/ma process I felt like my dh was clueless on what I was going through. He made jokes about me being hormonal and acted like the whole process was all no big deal at times. A few times I may have pictured myself running after him with needles and poking him everywhere...lol.

And when it came to my laproscopic surgery and my retrieval I was teary and he told me to calm down because it was all no big deal! Easy for him to say as I go through poking, proding, anestesia, etc and the worst he has to go through is getting his own sperm sample into a cup! LOL

All I can say is if men had to go through what we go through to have babies the world would be way less populated because I don't think they could handle it!

December 14th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, first of all.... I'm so happy about your 15 eggs!!! Can't wait to hear about the fert report tomorrow!

And second, sorry about DH being a dink. Sometimes guys just don't get it... and when I say sometimes, I mean MOST times!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 14th, 2010, 03:27 PM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
Sorry you had a tough day but SOOOO happy about the number of eggs! Good luck!!

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

December 14th, 2010, 03:33 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Horray for the eggs!

I never went as far as injections but I understand partially what you felt with your DH today. Just going through 2 cycles of bloodwork every other day was enough to test my patience and I broke down one day because I felt my DH had no clue what I was going through.

Praying that this is your cycle sweetie, you deserve it!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

December 14th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Angel_Maker
Congrats on 15 eggies! That is GREAT

As for DH, I've always felt like DH wasn't sympathetic enough when we were TTC. As women, we have to "go through it" all, and the guys are kinda just there for the ride Hope he wakes up and realizes that you are in fact going through a lot and he needs to be 100% tuned in
December 14th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Regular
I know exactly how you feel. We are dealing with mf infertility and I told him that the worst he has to do is take some antibiotics and get off in a cup. He doesn't have to sit with his legs in the air and have everyone see his you know what and have things shoved up and pumped full of who knows what, not to mention the needles and hormones. How does that sound fair, especially considering all of my test have come out fine so far...
Good luck and I am so excited for you about the 15 eggs, hopefully this will be it for you!
December 14th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
FIFTEEN !!! Good for you Lindsey !!! That is wonderful !!!
I think you'll find that most of us here dont need you to apologize for any venting/ranting/negativity, b/c more than likely all (or most) of our DH's just dont have the light-bulb on in full force always, esp. at times like these. I have kept pretty much everything hush-hush so far b/c I personally dont need my DH making dumb comments or doing things that he should know better. I just think they view the whole big picture a lot different than us girls. Regardless, I'm sure he got the hint that onions & times like these dont mesh so well. I just KNOW for a fact this time is gonna work, know it ....
December 14th, 2010, 04:23 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
HOORAY for all those eggies!! I also got 15 at my retrieval, so of course I think that is an awesome number

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 14th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
WOW!! 15!!! That's how many they got from me!!! (and I have 7 in the end that were perfect, fertilized and 6 frozen, 1 is my son) this is such a good thing!!!

Men don't get it because they don't go through it.

*hugs* Rest up!
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
December 14th, 2010, 08:12 PM
hollann1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
15 is awesome Lindsey. Boys are a pain, im sorry that he wasnt being very supportive. Its hard enough to go through everything but to not have 100% support can make things harder. Hope you hear good news tomorrow!!!

** Thank you Oona for the awesome siggy**
December 14th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's awesome you got so many eggs!!!
December 14th, 2010, 11:57 PM
eccomi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
15??? that's FABULOUS lindsey! i've got everything crossed for you until you hear from your doc tomorrow.

as for joe, chalk it up as an insensitive guy moment... i'm sure it's hard for him to grasp (as for 99.9% of men) just how much you're going through. big hugs sister!

cycles 1-16: TTC naturally, all BFNs
cycle 17 & 18: not TTC (due to diagnostic tests)
october 14: RE appt with follow-up hysteroscopy + saline sonogram... TUBES ARE CLEAR!
cycle 19, 20 & 21: natural TTC cycles = BFNs
cycle 22: another natural cycle, but preparing for our first IUI with injectables for cycle 23! FINALLY!!!
FEBRUARY 10th... our very first when we least expected it!!!

october 26th... our little miracle arrived via c-section at 12:19pm weighing 3.920 kilos! we are in love.

Last edited by eccomi; December 15th, 2010 at 12:00 AM.
December 15th, 2010, 03:42 AM
sweetdreamer1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yippie for the 15 eggs hun.. sorry about the insensitive dh isssue im the morning.. ! they have no clue at times..!! relax and enjoy these few days and go for ur insemination happily..!!! how exciting..!!! u'll be a mommy soon..!!!!

My BFP Chart
pregnancy/baby blog pw. 0000

December 15th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Jenn in DC's Avatar Super Mommy
Fifteen eggs! That's awesome Lindsey!

I don't think that you ever have to apologize to us for expressing some negativity! You always seem so positive - you deserve a chance to vent every once in a while. As the other ladies already said, I think that most of our DHs are clueless about what we are going through. It's just nice that we have this board to vent about this

I hope that today is a much better day for you. Hugs!
Started TTC #1 July 2009
Summer 2010 - Three IUIs with Clomid & Gonal F - All BFNs
Winter 2011 - IVF Clinical Trial. Cycle Cancelled.
March 2011 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
April 2011 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
May 2011 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
July 2011 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage

November 2011 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!! Aven Robert Born on August 4, 2012

July 2014 - Got Pregnant Naturally with Twins! Miscarriage at 9 weeks.
November 2014 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!
Beta #1 12 DPO = 45
Beta #2 14 DPO = 118
Beta #3 21 DPO = 3,451
December 15th, 2010, 07:58 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry about your hubby, but I'm thrilled you had a successful retrieval!!! I hope your embies just grow and grow and how exciting about the 5 day transfer!!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

December 15th, 2010, 08:06 AM
jesridge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wishing you lots and lots of luck!

Born 12/30/11 and absolutely perfect!

December 15th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
FIFTEEN?!? WOW! Congrats, Lindsey.. That is beautiful! I really truly with all my heart- hope this is it for you, beb!
December 15th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hoping and praying for you and DH that you get that BFP on Jan 1!!!!!

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
December 15th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Jenn in DC's Avatar Super Mommy
Seven sounds like a great number! Thanks for the update!!! Please do keep us updated. I'm keeping everything crossed that you get your BFP this month!
Started TTC #1 July 2009
Summer 2010 - Three IUIs with Clomid & Gonal F - All BFNs
Winter 2011 - IVF Clinical Trial. Cycle Cancelled.
March 2011 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
April 2011 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
May 2011 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
July 2011 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage

November 2011 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!! Aven Robert Born on August 4, 2012

July 2014 - Got Pregnant Naturally with Twins! Miscarriage at 9 weeks.
November 2014 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!
Beta #1 12 DPO = 45
Beta #2 14 DPO = 118
Beta #3 21 DPO = 3,451

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search