Not sure if I count here...but could use some BTDT!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
A bit of history. I had a loss in august 2005, I got pregnant with my daughter in October 2005. I had 2nd loss in March 2010 and a third October 2010. With my first loss I was barely pregnant to start with, and when they did my HCG blood work it was clear I was pregnant but I was back to zero within the 48 hour time period between blood draws. I was probably 4-5 weeks along. I had a completely 100% unevental pregnancy with my daughter unless you count morning sickness for 30 weeks as bad (LOL - which as horrid as it was, it meant my body was producing hormones to keep DD in!). I had no real complications getting pregnant or staying pregnant and she was forcefully evicted 10-12 days late depending on which date you go by (LMP or dating u/s). With my 2nd loss, I found out at 6 weeks, at 7 weeks I started spotting and m/c 3 days later. So when I got pregnant a 4th time, and started spotting I insisted on progestrone and HCG blood work ASAP. My HCG rose but never doubled and my progestrone level dropped from 7 something to 3 somtehing. After spotting for 2.5 weeks I m/c again. So my OB started the process of doing in depth testing to figure out what is up.

Which brings us to now:
We did a bunch of blood work on me and DH everything came back perfect. Nothing borderline even! The genetic stuff was also prefect, no wierd translocation issues or anything like that. No clotting disorders. No other issues (IE: thryoid, diabetes, etc). So she has be do an u/s today for CD 14, and will have to do a CD 21 for blood work and a CD 3 for blood work (FSH) (which will be on my next cycle b/c I had inspectors at work on CD 3 and couldn't leave!)
So the ultrasound tech said that everything is perfect for CD 14. THen said something about measurments and what is considered mature for a follicule *sp* (mine was 19, she said majority of OB's consider 18 mature, a small percentage consider 20 mature - just depends on the doc). So I'm ovulating at the right time. I figured that I O'ed late b/c I typically have 35-40 day cycles.
The doctor said it is a 3 part evaluation, and after they get the results from the CD 3 she'll call be back in to go over the next step which will include when to start progestrone and what type, etc. I am totally unsure about what all of this means! What kind of medications will I have to take? When will I likely have to start taking it? What are the different kinds and types of progestrone suppliments?

I'm just not sure if we want to actively TTC or how that will work. Honestly we've just been kind of NTNP, but DTD more around "O" time. I don't know if we're ready to take the step to purposely TTC. I know DH is not ready because he doesnt think I'm ready to deal with a loss and plus I'm a student so its hard to balance life already with pregnancy and newborn before I graduate will be a bit tougher - but honestly I don't care. School will always be there. My family is here and now. My OB and the office are wonderful! They said "DO NOT TTC WHATEVER YOU DO!! We want to get this evaluation of your cycle done, in order to figure out who/what/who/why/when for whatever is up with your progestrone/fsh stuff! We do not want to see you back in here with another loss that we could have at least tried to prevent!" I'm so so glad they are on my side At the same time its just really frustrating as the medical bills are mouting up and we've nearly hit our limit for our 'year' (our year goes July-June instead of Jan-Dec for insurance). DH's anti-ttc is mostly due to the fact that ummm, we have medical bill after medical bill after medical bill and its been like that all 2010 for us. As soon as we catch up or before 3 more come in the mail
December 14th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome to the group! I'm so sorry for your losses. It sounds like your OB is doing a lot of testing for you to try and get to the bottom of things. A few things to point out... Just because you have a nice size follie in there, doesn't mean you are ovulating that follie. You'll need to to b/w to confirm. That would be the CD21 that they are requesting, the only problem with that, is CD21 isn't necessarily 7dpo which is when you progesterone will be at it's peak and truly tell you if you are ovulating on your own. SOOO... .I would make sure you are temping and using OPK's to confirm a strong O, and from there, go in at 7dpo to do your progesterone draw.

Once you get all the b/w results back your OB will be able to determine a lot more about what is going on with your body.... bad part is that you still might not have the answers you are looking for. I could safely say that over half of the ladies that are on this board are dealing with unexplained infertility. I hope that they are able to get to the bottom of things, get you some answers, and get you on the right track to sustain a pregnancy and avoid another loss.

It does sound to me like a progesterone issue. If that is the case, it might be as simple as taking a supplement from a few days past O until around 12 weeks into your pregnancy. As for what you can take for the supplement, there are lots of options. Patches, shots, vaginal suppositories, pills.... lots to choose from. How low your progesterone is and how your body responds to the meds will determine what kind of drug your OB chooses.

Alright, I've rattled on long enough. Keep us posted when you get more results. There are lots of ladies around here that have likely been through what you have, and are familiar with your treatments.

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 15th, 2010, 01:23 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I like Kari's advice. It sounds like progesterone to me too.

Welcome, by the way. I'm Augie, co-host of the Recurrent Loss board here on JM. DH and I have four losses who we had no trouble conceiving. All of a sudden after my last loss I stopped ovulating. THEN we find out that I have hostile CM. All of my testing for my losses and infertility all came back ok with the exception of MTHFR, which they say didn't cause my losses.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
December 15th, 2010, 03:02 PM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
Welcome to the group! I am very sorry about the losses that you have experienced! I think the ladies above gave some great advice and hope you're able to find out a reason for recurring losses. I also just want to say that you do count here! Everyone does and is welcome to join! =)

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search