Seriously ?!?!?!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Warning--- vent approaching

I'm gearing up to do my 1st IUI in January (I sound like a broken record, sorry! You've all been listening to me say this over and over....) and so I called the RE's nurse yesterday to find out if by chance I can add a small dose of Gonal-F in addition to my Femara. She said she'd check with the RE and call me back. To be honest, I thought he'd not go for it b/c I remember him saying awhile back they dont really prefer injects due to risk of high multiples and they really do try & persuade you to either just use pills with IUI or go to IVF. Well, I got a call back from the nurse this afternoon and she left me a voicemail saying "Dr. --- said yes, we can add the Gonal F, however he wants you to come in & have an appointment prior to CD1" OK----sorry but WTH ???? I called back, of course it went straight to voicemail which irks the heck outta me and I just left a msg in the nicest irritated voice I could saying " I dont understand why I need to come in and talk to him, I was suppose to do this IUI back in Oct. except you had to cancel it due to staffing issues" .............. hopefully she will call me again tomorrow so we can discuss this further. I honestly dont get why I need to come in. How hard is it for them to just tell me on the phone take Femara CD3-7 and start the Gonal on this day at this amount. Its not that difficult people. I dont mean to sound cocky, I'm a nurse, I can give myself injects, I just dont understand. I also dont have time to go waste for 3hrs with the holidays and my work schedule.....I have pretty much zero time off since I'm covering for my coworkers. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, why do they want me to come in?? DO they just to make an easy hundred bucks and waste my time ?? Help !! Thanks for reading ......

December 15th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Super Mommy
I don't understand why they need you to come in either? Hopefully when she calls back, you can tell her that you are unable to take time off of work and request a phone consultation if they really need to talk to you. Or can they mail you the instructions? Good luck!

3 failed fresh IVFs, 1 failed FET
Surprise BFP in 12/10 after acupuncture & herbs!!
1 beautiful, perfect daughterl!

December 15th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Angel_Maker
Do they want you to come in for an antral follie count? I suppose she didn't say that over the phone, but I would think that with the injects they MAY want to check that before deciding what dose they should put you one....but I would ask SPECIFICALLY *why* they want you to come in, and if it's for ANY OTHER REASON than AFC, then I'd refuse..... But that's just me

And they seriously cancelled a previous IUI due to staffing issues? I must've missed that post, but that's CRAZY!
December 15th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
I'm thinking it may be to talk over the "risks" adding it plus to get you to sign something that you understand those. When I met with my RE the cycle I got prego with Coby we sat down and talked about a game plan. He told me he that when changing meds they need to cover basis that you understand that taking xyz med could increase high risk multiples. Or that if you have over a certain # of follicles the RE will cancel the IUI.

made by BAM

December 15th, 2010, 07:37 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
I agree, I just had my consultation with my RE (whom I have already seen before and helped me get pg w/ Ronan) and I had to sign paper work again because we are using injects. the paperwork basically states that we understand we may have to cancel a cycle due to over stimming, and they also wanted us to know and understand the possibility of multiples. Then they wanted to know where we stood on selective reduction so they could have that on their file.
December 15th, 2010, 07:41 PM
LindseyandJoeinAL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The appt may be an injection class too. I had to sit through a 2 hour class to learn all about the drugs and how to inject them. And the AFC is pretty important too. Or the RE just might want to take a look at your hoo ha! LOL

Good luck Jen!!!!
TTC baby #2

lap surgery Apr 2010 stage 2 endo removed
IVF #1 BFN 11/2010
IVF #2 BFP! 12/2010
Wonderful, sweet daughter Khloe born August 2011
FET #1 - Oct 2012 BFN
FET #2 - Dec 2012 BFN
2nd lap surgery Dec 2012 stage 1 endo removed
IUI Apr 2013 cancelled due to producing 10 mature follicles
IUI June 2013 BFN
IVF #3 Sept 2013 BFN
IVF #4 Nov 2013 BFP! on 8dp3dt
Expecting boy/girl twins 8/1/14

December 16th, 2010, 04:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you ladies .................. for helping me to calm down & maybe be a little nicer when the nurse calls me back today. I just didnt get why in the world we didnt have to have this appt. back in Oct. when I was suppose to be doing the IUI !?!?!? The only thing now that's changed is adding the injects, and from what you've all said, that reasoning yes, I could understand. I feel like such a PIA with the nurse & I'm thinking I need to play nice or they have every right to make this not work and I dont need that to happen I'll post more later when she calls .... Now to find time to get in there

December 16th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It is frustrating... but it's probably a good idea to go in and get the paperwork stuff done or the u/s (if that is what they are seeking). Coming from someone that was "fired" as a patient from my RE's office.... it's not fun to be known as the difficult person. BUT.... sometimes being the difficult person gets you the right kind of care and treatment!

It's a catch-22. Let us know what she says when you hear from them again!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search