re introduction

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello all. My name is amber im almost 27 and my hubby jon is 27. We were told that our chance to have a baby is only ivf. Its so expensive. We have 3 plans in action. 1) just keep saving until we can do it. 2) move to another state with manated fertility insurance that will provide ivf. 3) try and pull out a loan. I was just wondering what your doing on your ivf plan? At the fertility clinics here the run with different plans for ivf. I am fine but my hubby has less than 1 million sperm.

December 15th, 2010, 06:00 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Luckily my husbands insurance through work had fertility treatment coverage. Out of all your options if you can easily move out of state and get coverage for fertility treatments I would opt for that. IVF is expensive, not just for the procedure but all the meds and appointments that go with it if you do not have insurance coverage. Plus if it does not work the first time it is that much more heartbreaking.

December 16th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I wish that I had some input for you. My DH and I were told IVF or bust as well, and we put a hold on our MA efforts. At that point we pursued our adoption dreams and since then have gotten a crazy surprise BFP, something we never even dreamed would happen.

We had never taken IVF off the table, but knew we wouldn't be able to afford it right away. We were going to save at least half of it, but then take out a loan for the rest, either from family or try a bank. Also, you should talk with your RE office about discounts, donated meds, grants, etc.

Good luck hun!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 16th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
We were told ivf was our only hope..we extended the amount on our credit card..thats how we paid for it..there are a couple of places that will do loans..its just with the bad economy..the interest rates are sky high! However the ivf didnt work for us and 6 months later we got pregnant on our own ( a huge surprise)..i sure hope that happens for you!! Like Kari said though..ask about discounts..we got a military discount through our RE..but maybe if you have to pay out of pocket they will help you out! Good luck..i sure hope you dont even need ivf!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
December 17th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
what was your hubbies sperm count?

December 18th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Since I live in NY, the state paid for most of it. We only paid 2800.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
December 18th, 2010, 09:01 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you are able to figure something out, sweets!
Good luck!
December 19th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My DH has a urologist appointment and post-op varicocelectomy SA tomorrow and we are prepared to hear that IVF is our best option. If that is the case, my DH is going to take out a loan against his farm and pay it back when his crop comes in....we should get a decent interest rate. Also, we will not do IVF unless we qualify for this special program at the clinic(my doctor thinks we will qualify) where if the IVF fails or you miscarry prior to 10 weeks, you get all but $4000 back instead of losing the whole $15,000.

It really stinks that so few insurance companies pay for IVF. Ours has covered all of our fertility testing, DH's varicocele surgery, etc....but all of our coverage ends the day we start doing IUI or IVF.

My Ovulation Chart
December 19th, 2010, 02:31 PM
txjovigal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to txjovigal Send a message via Yahoo to txjovigal
Good luck with whatever you decided to do...

working on my 3rd, for sure by 11/15/11
December 19th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Super Mommy
We just foud out IVF might be our only chance. Dh and I play to pay half with cash and the other half on a credit card. We were told the total will be around $8500

Thank you Katie-shortcake for the siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search