IUI TTW is making me crazy

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Veteran
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH.....this is the slowest two weeks ever and I'm only on the 6th day.

I am seriously having mood swings like you wouldn't believe and I know it's just because I'm waiting and waiting and waiting and trying so dang hard to be patient. Then I keep contemplating the fact that I am either going to have good or bad news for my christmas present.

I've been beyond irritated the last few days and really for no particular reason. I feel like I want to get up and do something, but I can't find anything I want to do, so I just sit back down at the computer and read some more. I really want this ttw to be over so I can move on with either the good or bad news.

It's been so nice the last few months because I had pretty much given up on meds working on their own, so I wasn't worried about the ttw as much. But since we took the next step to IUI, I'm back to crazy worrying again.

Is anyone else feeling the craziness of a ttw right now???

December 16th, 2010, 08:42 AM
jesridge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am. And I was just like you when I had my IUI. I was nutso excited, antsy, etc. Unfortunately, I found out that it didn't work (the same day I found out I didn't get selected for a job I really wanted) and I didn't take the news well at all. I had too much time to sit and be hopeful, and I didn't have a plan for how I would positively deal with things if they got yucky.

I really hope that you get better news than I did! There is power in positive thinking, but try try try to keep yourself busy and your mind off of worrying until it's time to test. Luckily it's a busy time of year, so that might help you to pass the time! Good luck!

Born 12/30/11 and absolutely perfect!

December 16th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Not in the 2ww here.... but I'm on pins and needles waiting for all you ladies to get through this and get your BFP's!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 16th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Super Mommy
I'm 9DPO and still no sign of AF. She usually shows up around 10 or 11 DPO, so I'm waiting to see what happens. It's so hard to be patient! Hang in there
December 16th, 2010, 05:02 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
You just described me this month. I'm on day 13 of the TWW finally! This was also my first IUI.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
December 16th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Veteran
I'm glad I'm not the only one!!!

Augie....when do you plan on testing.....I know I'm going to get antsy and test early even though I swore myself not to. Heck I wanted to test today just to make the urge to pee on something pass. LOL

I am really miserable today....feel so bloated (but that might be from the half a bag of cheese popcorn I ate last night) and every little twinge is making me crazy thinking something might be going on in there.

Best of luck to you Augie....I got my fingers crossed for you!!

December 16th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Hi ladies...
had my b2b IUI on the 12th and 13th. I am feeling a few symptoms...unfortunately i did gonal f and ovidrel so it is probably "fake" symptoms from the meds. Wish they would go away...i go back to RE on the 28th for blood test. I could probably test the 26th or 27th if AF stays away until then.

Wishing everyone gets a wonderful gift....a BFP!!!
December 17th, 2010, 07:43 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Today was a BFN. Hopefully AF stays away as I have a history of late BFP's.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
December 17th, 2010, 04:43 PM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
AF just left for me. I have an appointment with my new RE soon. Hope you get your bfp!

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

December 18th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Blondn6ft's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Kim ... I am right there with you !!

IUI was on the 12th ...

No blood test until the 27th ...

Was hoping to have GOOD NEWS before Christmas ...

Feeling some different things, nothing major. I had NO SIGNS when I was pregnant with my daughter. I also had NO morning sickness, food issues, nothing ... it was smooth sailing.

Have had mild naseau the last few days and some smells are bugging me. I am trying hard not to read into this. I'm tired but heck ... I have an almost 14 month old to chase around the house ! Hahaha

SO ... right there with ya on the UGH of the TWW !!

{{ HUGS }}

December 18th, 2010, 08:54 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Luck luck luck!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search